Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
In all fairness, from what I understand, Columbus was really not the guy history has tried to make of him. I am perfectly fine with getting rid of Columbus day. But instead of indigenous people's day we should have American Hero Day for all first responders and currently serving military, or maybe Louisiana Purchase Day where we laugh at the French, or perhaps Constitution Day where celebrate each and every civil right. So many good options.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
We have too many holidays anyway. Everyday is some holiday. Makes me sort of miss the plain old common days.
As a state employee who gets about 10 extra paid days off a year (or double pay if I have to work it) I could not disagree more. I think 26 holidays is a good round number. Every other Monday. :D

·
Banned
595 Posts
Usually, on days declared sacred or changed diametrically by the crazy-left I just go burn tires. Earth day, for example. I do my part to exacerbate the situation. It's a gift.

Did Columbus discover the New World? Nope. Amerigo Vespucci did a couple decades before him (hence the name "America"). So did the Norse (vikings) before Amerigo. It's open for debate whether or not ancient Romans landed in the new world.

But did Columbus open a particular door to trade that had previously been closed? Yep. Credit where it's due.

·
Banned
595 Posts
The discovery - the revealing - is for the people who don't yet know about it, not for the people who already do. In the context of the Old World, the New World was a really big deal with new opportunities for wealth and war. But I repeat myself....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Ya he was a scum bag. Captured natives and gave them to the dogs for food. Also enslaved them. And he didn't discover America. ..... Learned alot about him while researching the alano espanol (dog i have). If you knew what a liar, cheat, and general scum bag he was you probably wouldn't celebrate him either. Really i don't care because if i dont work i don't get paid. So i dont take many days off, but if it makes the libtards whimper than i say keep it.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
I want to point out this is not a national thing or even a state of California thing. This is Los Angeles ONLY.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
I want to point out this is not a national thing or even a state of California thing. This is Los Angeles ONLY.
the problem with having a large and it seems therefore stupid population center anywhere is that people here the stupid that comes out and associate it with the whole area.

there are a lot of good people in California, sadly they are out numbered by idiots

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
the problem with having a large and it seems therefore stupid population center anywhere is that people here the stupid that comes out and associate it with the whole area.

there are a lot of good people in California, sadly they are out numbered by idiots
IMO the idiots are the ones who allowed this to happen. One of our most beautiful and resourceful states totally surrendered to invaders.

" Neither a wise man or a brave man lays down on the tracts and allows the train of the future to run over him.". Forgot who said it. :coffee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts