America in decline?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UncleJoe, Oct 14, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Is American in decline? Well, read the statistics below and decide for yourself. The reality is that when you start connecting the dots it gets really hard to deny what is going on.

#1 Ten years ago, the United States was ranked number one in average wealth per adult. In 2010, the United States has fallen to seventh.

#2 The United States once had the highest proportion of young adults with post-secondary degrees in the world. Today, the U.S. has fallen to 12th.

#3 In the 2009 "prosperity index" published by the Legatum Institute, the United States was ranked as just the ninth most prosperous country in the world. That was down five places from 2008.

#4 In 2001, the United States ranked fourth in the world in per capita broadband Internet use. Today it ranks 15th.

#5 The economy of India is projected to become larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2050.

#6 One prominent economist now says that the Chinese economy will be three times larger than the U.S. economy by the year 2040.

#7 According to a new study conducted by Thompson Reuters, China could become the global leader in patent filings by next year.

#8 The United States has lost approximately 42,400 factories since 2001. Approximately 75 percent of those factories employed at least 500 workers while they were still in operation.

#9 The United States has lost a staggering 32 percent of its manufacturing jobs since the year 2000.

#10 Manufacturing employment in the U.S. computer industry is actually lower in 2010 than it was in 1975.

#11 In 1959, manufacturing represented 28 percent of all U.S. economic output. In 2008, it represented only 11.5 percent.

#12 The television manufacturing industry began in the United States. So how many televisions are manufactured in the United States today? According to Princeton University economist Alan S. Blinder, the grand total is zero.

#13 As of the end of 2009, less than 12 million Americans worked in manufacturing. The last time that less than 12 million Americans were employed in manufacturing was in 1941.

#14 Back in 1980, the United States imported approximately 37 percent of the oil that we use. Now we import nearly 60 percent of the oil that we use.

#15 The U.S. trade deficit is running about 40 or 50 billion dollars a month in 2010. That means that by the end of the year approximately half a trillion dollars (or more) will have left the United States for good.

#16 Between 2000 and 2009, America's trade deficit with China increased nearly 300 percent.

#17 Today, the United States spends approximately $3.90 on Chinese goods for every $1 that China spends on goods from the United States.

#18 According to a new study conducted by the Economic Policy Institute, if the U.S. trade deficit with China continues to increase at its current rate, the U.S. economy will lose over half a million jobs this year alone.

#19 American 15-year-olds do not even rank in the top half of all advanced nations when it comes to math or science literacy.

#20 Median household income in the U.S. declined from $51,726 in 2008 to $50,221 in 2009. That was the second yearly decline in a row.

#21 The United States has the third worst poverty rate among the advanced nations tracked by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

#22 Since the Federal Reserve was created in 1913, the U.S. dollar has lost over 95 percent of its purchasing power.

#23 U.S. government spending as a percentage of GDP is now up to approximately 36 percent.

#24 The Congressional Budget Office is projecting that U.S. government public debt will hit 716 percent of GDP by the year 2080.

Read the article to get the links that support these statements.

2. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

That'll brighten your day, won't it? Sometimes the truth... sucks...

Thank you, EPA. Thank you, Labor Unions, Teachers Unions, Government Employees Unions. Thank you, US Congress. Thank you, Mr. President. You are getting everything you wished for. I hope it works out well for you, because it truly sucks for the rest of us.

Is it November yet?

3. GroovyMike

GroovyMike Well-Known Member

I didn't think there was anyone left it wasn't obvious to by now.

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I don't think there are near enough of us that find it obvious. Sheeple :rolleyes:

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Sad thing is that I don't see it improving any time soon.

6. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

The economies that are projected to surpass the US will do so because they will be in the building stage , and have little regrad for workers or pollution Where everyone needs to work at the project at hand, after they have grown to production , the parisite class will take over and crash their economies too ,more management types and the safety industry etc , only I don't think any of this will take nearly as long. some time big bussiness will run out of third world countries to exploit and consumers to consume.:dunno:

7. SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost Retired Drill Sgt

Me either, but thanks for the post. New guy just had to chime in on this one. I've been saying it myself for a number of years. No one loves America more than I, I served her proudly for 28 years. It is the changes I have seen and experienced during this service that made me come to the conclution that we are indeed on a long, slow, painful path to third-world citizenship.

Today, my wife says come watch Oprah, she had troops on. Female troops that according to the stats they quoted were 1 in 3 chance of being sexually assaulted while serving. In 1980 (When I took my oath, yes, I'm an "Oath-keeper") thinks seemed fine. I could already see the world going to hell within 5 years, with the advent of MTV and later, Jerry Springer. There was once an unwritten law that kept us honorable warriors, in a cold war. Now, it's written. They call it "The Warrior Ethos". Yet never has fewer lived up to it. On my last two deployments I could see the way we were heading. The young troops were either bangers spoiling for a fight, with anyone.. or kids that think war is an X-Box event.

I'm out now, "retired", "put out to pasture", I'd like to say "put out to stud", but even that's too much work... Now as a wounded soldier, I'm considered a threat by my own government. One, I might add, that I did NOT vote for. They got what they wanted, problem is, so did we...

America had abandoned God, and he is waiting in his own sweet way to let us learn from our mistakes. Lord, please don't take too long. I want to save America, but fear too much that we may end up rebuilding her... by hand. I see this as nothing short of a global war on Christianity.

The Crusades 2.0, Enable Y or N ??? Y

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
  8. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

America is going through a process of a rebirth. That's if things go right. If not we'll end up like rome--a waste of space filled with memories of the past and useless pretensions.Nothing stays the same--you either grow ,decline or die. This country has been declining for over a 100 years now.I think out of the rot and bullcrap that this place is turning into something beautifull will bloom. Problem is like the man said "the tree will need to be watered with the blood of patriots".
    P.S.--I've been a lot of places in the world and unfortunatly even with all the bull and guttlessness in US this is still the best country in the world by a huge chunk. The sad truth is world around us is much,nuch worse.

9. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Yes, we are in decline.

Examine Rome there are so many parallels. We've the easily swayed masses, bread and circus's, and voting there will be bread.

yep, voting 'there will be bread.

The Romans literally voted themselves bread...when the grain stopped flowing. Scholars marvelled at it, discussed and argued it...but few beyond them understood. We voted there will be wealth though stimulous bills which is as insane.

We're toast and it's only a matter of whether we do it slow or quickly when we fall.

10. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I'm not TOAST!!

Corn bread maybe, but never toast!.....

There will come a time and maybe sooner then too late God willing when the Red states go their own way.. of course without us the Blues will soon starve because where will the Free Money come form?..

Secession need not be a dirty word, Any group of people who through their hard work and willingness to live a better life should have the right to say enough and separate themselves from the leeches and parasites that live to suck the very life from them...

Sooner or later...sooner hopefully the good folks will say no more of the crap their kids are having dumped over their heads in the so called public schools..

there is nobody who I would allow to teach my 6 or 8 year old how to put a Condom on... why do parents allow this?... secede from the system.. from the schools..

I just finished a book called "Molon Labe" it's about how the Free Stater movement took over Wyoming , and what they did to make it a much better place to be... and no I'm not saying I agree with their platform 100 % or even 75 % .. but I disagree about 80 % with the Platforms the Dimocraps and Rinos have had for the last 20 odd years..

There is a movement here in TX calling for Secession , they are small and really not very vocal.. but who knows.. the day may come.. I'd say it couldn't be worse then what we have now.. but I'd prefer it be in the North west is it's gonna happen.. why? I don't know.. read the book!...