Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
869 Posts
There are quite a few in the area. You have to remember that most preppers tend to stay under the radar and being on the boards is not something they do. Give it some time and the ones lurking will come forward.

In Amarillo you face some unique conditions that most of the rest of the state does not. You can have a snow storm and a red dust storm at the same time mixed in with tumble weeds blowing across the roads. I darn near lost my trailer the last trip out West through there.

I do hope you find good people here. GB

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Good to see you here. Back in 1980 we lived in White Deer about half way between Amarillo and Pampa. First thing we learned is that if it was going to snow we would smell the stock yard up North, the next thing we learned was that more snow would stick on the side of our home than on the ground. We lived in a dry county were we could drink in a membership club which was called the Tornado Club but the thing is there probably were more alcoholic teens in that town than in wet counties. We lived across from the high school sports field and when practice was over the kids would get together in a parking field just across from our home and drink beer and throw the bottles at the side of our other stucco sided home which was unoccupied. That home needed to have the floor jacked up but was in pretty good condition otherwise. We lived there less than a year due to wanting to get out here in S.W. Oregon, especially since we learned that we were within ground zero proximity of the Pantex Nuclear Assemble Plant. Less than a year after leaving there they had a snow storm that left three feet of snow on the ground and there was a tornado pretty close to where we lived. Otherwise, Texas is a great state, we had a lot of very good customers that came to the Conoco station we ran in Pampa.

·
267 Posts
I went out to the air base and was quit surprised to see the Pantex plant I was quit disappointed. The old base was my home for 6 weeks lol and missed seeing it. Your probable right don't think I'd like to live near it either. Only good thing is the provailing winds blow north across the great Texas plains a little less to irradiate :) God help us if we ever get into a pissing match with nukes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts