Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The heat ,fires and draught just won't let up.The smoke at times makes it impossible to tend to animals and gardens.Had to let in the dogs to give them a retreve for breathing,Can't bring in 15 chickens though,well guess we could,but don't want to unless absolutely nesssasary.Seems a hurricane is our only hope to replenish the water loss.Of course it will cause another form of suffering for us all,but somethings gottas give!

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe all these problems will serve some purposes for the good. Perhaps open somemore eyes on preparedness
LOl,don't bet on it.I just talked to my middle aged daughter aout that,she did listen,but said" I'm not living my life worrying about it'.I told her she won't feel that way when tshtf.I told her about this site,but she probably won't visit us.My other kids are not even going to listen.

I worry about wells drying up here.Our rivers are lower than ever now and ground water is too.

No wonder that commy Ted Turner bought up the Ogallawa'spell' Aquifer,he will give it to the UN I guess.He already promised them a billion bucks.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does your daughter realize that by NOT prepping, she is forcing you to prep for her? Absurdities.
She is'nt planning on oming here.That would be her last resort.They think we work too much,and we do I guess.We'r older so not as involved with fun,haha.

I did tell her is they do end up here,I'll work their ass off for not helping now.Thing is all of them are hard workers.own nice homes and basically go along with what we tught them.They are just in denial.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I was once in denial. There is hope that they will see the value in being prepared. Things change, life changes, people change.

Just a thought -- I know that we all enjoy prepping otherwise we probably wouldnt be on this forum like we are. We see value in it too but we actually enjoy it. We get on to loved ones that dont prepare for what the future might hold -- they are just living for today. We need to all remember to enjoy what we have today too -- not JUST prepare for some coming disaster (real or imagined). Be prepared for the worst but enjoy today.

Im reminding myself of this...

Does that make sense?

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was once in denial. There is hope that they will see the value in being prepared. Things change, life changes, people change.

Just a thought -- I know that we all enjoy prepping otherwise we probably wouldnt be on this forum like we are. We see value in it too but we actually enjoy it. We get on to loved ones that dont prepare for what the future might hold -- they are just living for today. We need to all remember to enjoy what we have today too -- not JUST prepare for some coming disaster (real or imagined). Be prepared for the worst but enjoy today.

Im reminding myself of this...

Does that make sense?
Your right.All of us need some kind of enjoyment in life,not just work.
Thanks for reminding me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.