ALL California members...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bunkerbob, Jan 6, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

ALL California members...very important

I received this from the NRA today...

Right-to-Carry Bill Scheduled to be Heard Next Week!
    Please Contact the Members of the Assembly Public Safety Committee Today!

Assembly Bill 357 is scheduled to be heard by the Assembly Committee on Public Safety on Tuesday, January 12.

AB357, sponsored by Assembly Member Steve Knight (R-36), would create a “shall issue” concealed handgun permit system in California. Under current law, an applicant must show cause as to why they should be issued a permit to carry a concealed handgun for self-defense. AB357 would remove that stipulation and require sheriffs to issue the license if all other mandated criteria are satisfied.

Please contact the members of the Assembly Committee on Public Safety TODAY and respectfully urge them to support AB357. Contact information can be found below.

Assembly Member Jose Solorio (D-69) - Chair

(916) 319-2069

[email protected]

Assembly Member Curt Hagman (R-60) - Vice Chair

(916) 319-2060

[email protected]

Assembly Member Warren T. Furutani (D-55)

(916) 319-2055

[email protected]

Assembly Member Danny D. Gilmore (R-30)

(916) 319-2030

[email protected]

Assembly Member Jerry Hill (D-19)

(916) 319-2019

[email protected]

Assembly Member Fiona Ma (D-12)

(916) 319-2012

[email protected]

Assembly Member Nancy Skinner (D-14)

(916) 319-2014

[email protected]

I send my assemblyman a short and respective email asking for his support. Just a sentence or two, no rambling or ranting, those they just ignore.

Like this:
    I respectively ask that you support AB357, sponsored by Assembly Member Steve Knight (R-36)

Your name and city, thats all.

I just received an answer, WOW!

Thank you for contacting my office to express your support for AB357 which would give Californian’s a license to carry a concealed firearm without having to establish “good cause.” This law would extend the license availability to the majority of California’s law abiding citizens.

I support this bill and strongly support our Constitutional right to bear arms. As a Vice-Chairman of the Public Safety Committee, I was the only Assemblyman to support this legislation when it was presented to us last year. As AB 357 is reconsidered this session, I will urge my colleagues to send this bill to the floor so that California’s citizens can exercise their right to protect themselves and their families.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
    District 60

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear. It's a bummer when a large block of people in certain areas get outvoted by urban dwellers.

3. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

Finally a legitimate reason for concern. Sucks for you folks in California.

The NRA on the other hand, annoys the hell out of me. I quit my membership after the repeated phone calls. I don't like how they use scare tactics to attempt to solicit donations from their members.

Ring Ring. Hello? What? The government is going to take my guns away if I don't send you $25 and get a free keychain?! Dear god! Here's my credit card! Run it! Quick!