Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey for all you Alaskan's I found a posting on craigslist for a local group interested in prepping.

reading over their CoC they seem pretty safe/legit, just applied for membership and waiting to hear back

any other watchmen here?

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is a vast difference between prepping and militias. I can't really speak for you, but if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time.

On average, militias do not prep. They play weekend soldier and do a lot of target shooting while wearing way too much gear. It seems to pretty much end there. They stockpile guns, stockpile ammo, keep a few cases of MRE's around and they think they are set.

Judging by their website, it would seem that this is the case for this particular organization. But I don't know much about them, so I will reserve judgement.

9 times out of 10, the majority of a militia's members have little to no military experience. Sure, they read training manuals and maybe even exercise regularly. But the experience isn't there. I am not sure you would want to be taking commands from somebody who has never seen combat. Because chances are they won't keep their head about them. Just a suggestion, anyway. I don't know what type of members this organization has.

·
The Skeptic
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I kind of get that vibe too, but I think I'll go to a meeting with a buddy, scope it out and see what they're all about

don't want to judge a militia by their lack of technical savvy

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is a vast difference between prepping and militias. I can't really speak for you, but if I were you, I wouldn't waste my time.

I wonder why you would say that friend--considering that you don't know one single thing about our group, our objectives, and what we are all about. Where does this come from?

Perhaps some clarification on this matter is required:
Militia-Statement

·
Registered
444 Posts
Very interesting site, I will do more reading when I get home. I wish we something like this in CO, though the other day I was headed home on the MC from work and saw a jeep with the word militia on the top of the front window, so it seems they exist.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Very interesting site, I will do more reading when I get home. I wish we something like this in CO, though the other day I was headed home on the MC from work and saw a jeep with the word militia on the top of the front window, so it seems they exist.
Oh, i'm sure that they do exist. Though it seems as though putting a sticker on one's Jeep is rather poor OpSec...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh, i'm sure that they do exist. Though it seems as though putting a sticker on one's Jeep is rather poor OpSec...
Yep, it did seem a bit odd. Now, I need to figure out how to find the ones here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts