After Armageddon

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Jan 6, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

A new 2 hour show on the History Channel.

I saw about a half hour of it last night. It apparently follows the plight of a man, his wife, and teenage son after a world wide pandemic. I didn't see enough of it to know if it's any good so this is not a review or referral. It airs again on Sat. and Sun. I'm going to try to catch the whole thing one of those nights.

After Armageddon

2. csbutler2109

csbutler2109 Member

UncleJoe, I saw the entire show twice and thought it was really good. It was well put together. The progressive steps that unprepared people would take. Starting with knowing when things are really bad and you're on your own (no gov. asst.). It showed how scarry and dangerous things can get. The basics of whats needed to shelter in, i.e. food, wtr., meds, protection, something to barter with if you need additl. supplies. Where to get them, etc. You should watch it. I thought it was really a warning cry.

3. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

I watched it but was surfing the net at the same time so I didn't catch everything.

I thought it was pretty good but the characters screwed up A LOT.

4. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I caught part of it also Uncle Joe, I would definately like to se the whole show. It seems as though we will become a craft society and people who know how to do or make something other than a financial instrument will be the survivors who thrive. It was pointed out that we will be a pre corporate industrial craft society with current technology, however it could be that who ever is left may not be able to use our current technology due to the fact that we don't understand it. It also pointed out that our society will dfefinately be much simpler and that large population centers could be quite dangerous.:scratch

5. UncleJoe

I got sick of the rat race and the keep up with Jones' mentality. :gaah: I learned to like simple living about 7 years ago.

6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Unclejoe, didn't you just want to strangle that guy in the show sometimes.:soapbox2: some dumb moves.
    Sailaway I am not sure if life will be simpler if :shtf:. We all like to say I would like to go back to 'the good old days' I don't know.:dunno:

7. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Sometimes ... I miss the dish ... OH well ... You guys can keep me up to date. :ghost:

8. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I liked the way it showed what someone might have to go through. It surprised the crap outa me that they really showed them having to defend their life. But then drop the evil gun and run, They still only showed the evil ones with gun,s. Even showing that evil sheriff shooting those poor young boy's. He done exactly what should have been done to some one stealing during those times. Until they really make a show with closer to life ( armed people making it ) the only way it would be close to real. Fact is going not armed is a 100% way to end up dead during times like that, or run hide and travel at night like a rat. Well i,am hard to please :D would you drink outa a car radiator, see how pure and purdy the water was after the t-shirt and fire. I seen a dog die from drinking antifreeze one time, not me. Well there is my rant on it. It was entertaining anyway, maybe it will get some thinking after all. :D

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  9. Expeditioner

Expeditioner Well-Known Member

It was decent. A few questionable things as kyfarmer pointed out (yeah I though drinking fron the radiator was stupid too)Geared for the uneducated or newbies to the prep way of life.....still picked up an idea or two. Liked the way they had the father/husband making mistakes as (please forgive me) "teachable" moments.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  10. Heatherli

Heatherli Heatherli-Prepper

I liked this show too...although I think, if I'd had a bit of Chloroform, I would have
    amputated the hand and the guy would have been basically ok...minus the hand, of course.
    But that's just me...picking everything apart.

11. kbamvakais

kbamvakais Well-Known Member

yeah neat show but with the cut hand, wernt they trading moonshine liquor? would that kill any infection?

12. Ponce

Ponce Well-Known Member

Sailaway? I am with you on that.......however.......we must take care of ourselves till we can do it........have at hand a minimun of two years of food in stock........I have it for seven.

13. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Okay, you're not coming close to me when I get sick ! :D

V.

14. Expeditioner

Chloroform.....we don't need no stinking chloroform.

I had a few problems with that show...like drinking water from a car radiator, driving your family past the armed men in the industrial complex, the way the family approached the supposed "abandoned" house, etc.

Buy a good book a on natural remedies and learn to make natural antibiotics.

15. UncleJoe

I'll second that!! :D

16. Heatherli

LOL Awwwwww,...I wouldn't hurt a fly! I just like finding the glitches
    in any movie. :D:D

17. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I tried to find this, hoping netflix would have it...nope...chit!!! any ideas?

18. Expeditioner

You can buy the DVD online @ the History Channel site. Here is the link"

http://www.history.com/shows.do?episodeId=524638&action=detailhttp://

There is a YouTube version that is broken into 9 segements. here is the link to the first segement:

[ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcYpgfI564[/ame]

19. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

20. Heatherli

Anyone who wants "After Armageddon" emailed to them can PM me...if your
    server can handle a 697 meg file....avi format.