Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I spent my bachelors party with some pigs too, just a different kind. ;)

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Just thought I'd clarify that, we had seen each other through the years "as friends"..... :brickwall:
There be a old sayin Dave, "ya can have a dog fer a friend, ya can have whiskey fer a friend, but ifin ya got a woman fer a friend, yer gonna wind up drunk an kissin yer dog".

I hope the two a ya get the life ya each deserve. Lifes journey be a lot easier ifin ya have the right person ta travel with. Wish ya all the best in the world.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There be a old sayin Dave, "ya can have a dog fer a friend, ya can have whiskey fer a friend, but ifin ya got a woman fer a friend, yer gonna wind up drunk an kissin yer dog".

I hope the two a ya get the life ya each deserve. Lifes journey be a lot easier ifin ya have the right person ta travel with. Wish ya all the best in the world.
Thanks Coot, I appreciate it and will pass on that bit of wisdom on friends to her.

She does have a good sense of humour and WILL appreciate it, feel pretty sure she will even pass it on at some point.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How bad are the hogs in your area? We've only had reports of a few.
They're not as bad here as in some other areas close by.

Most ranchers around here have their little groups of youngsters that take care of the problems pretty well.

Added plus on that, when they're out shooting hogs, the kids dont get into trouble so everyone wins.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got a small boar and sow about the same size, gave them to the rancher for needy families.

Only 3 days left and no cold feet from either of us.

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's the morning of....., no cold feet this time around.

Sitting here drinking my quart of turkish grind, Starbucks Cafe Verona......

Picked up the rings yesterday.........

Have the Marriage License.......

The best man(grandson) is running around the living room playinig with his toys, was talking about his "garter". Kinda had me concerned, a 6yo shouldn't be concerned about that, asked him what he was talking about..... He said "You know, the guy that GAURDS(guard-er) THE CASTLE!"

A bit of family trivia, the wedding is going to be at "The Texas Opry(Weatherford, Texas)", it was originally the "York Av. Baptist Church", my great grandmother was a member there and cleaned the church every Saturday for over 40 years until she could no longer manage.

I remember running around with my brother playing inside while she cleaned, have no doubt that they will both be there today.

Well....... coffee is about finished, have to go trim my moustache(some of her family calls me "Sam Elliot" but mine is better than his lol)....

Later..............

Attachments

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
May your union be blessed and may the two of you know nothing but happiness from this day forward. :)

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thank you Sentry, appreciate that, we're off to a good start.

I may have mentioned before that I'm related to half of the county and that my family was some of the original settlers in this area and I can now say that I'm related to the other half of the county now. Connie's family has been here almost as long as mine and she is related to the other half so.......

My poor daughters are going to have to go out of state to find husbands that aren't related when they finally decide to settle down....... lol

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
So, When is the lucky lady moving in with you? Or has she already?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It's the morning of....., no cold feet this time around.

Sitting here drinking my quart of turkish grind, Starbucks Cafe Verona......

Picked up the rings yesterday.........

Have the Marriage License.......

The best man(grandson) is running around the living room playinig with his toys, was talking about his "garter". Kinda had me concerned, a 6yo shouldn't be concerned about that, asked him what he was talking about..... He said "You know, the guy that GAURDS(guard-er) THE CASTLE!"

A bit of family trivia, the wedding is going to be at "The Texas Opry(Weatherford, Texas)", it was originally the "York Av. Baptist Church", my great grandmother was a member there and cleaned the church every Saturday for over 40 years until she could no longer manage.

I remember running around with my brother playing inside while she cleaned, have no doubt that they will both be there today.

Well....... coffee is about finished, have to go trim my moustache(some of her family calls me "Sam Elliot" but mine is better than his lol)....

Later..............
Congrats to you Sir!

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So, When is the lucky lady moving in with you? Or has she already?
Been a while since I came into QT, she started about a week before the wedding and is still working on it! lol

My oldest and youngest daughters still live at home and as soon as the new bride finishes moving in, the oldest daughter is moving out.... into her old house. WooHoo!!!! She(oldest) will be about 5 minutes from work, now the wife is about 5 minutes from work.

The youngest daughter has been looking for a place for a while now and we think we found a place for her too. WooHoo again!!!! If it works out, she will be about 5 minutes from work also.

Over the years the daughters haven't wanted to leave me all by my little lonesome out here but now.............

21 - 31 of 31 Posts