421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a few statistics on this forum I found the following information:

9,322 Members
1,550 Active Members
5,766 Threads
68,684 Posts

As of 3:05 EST 6/16/2001:
Currently Active Users: 50 (13 members and 37 guests)

The number of guests is nearly 3:1 of members

When guest are checking this forum out, they are making a conscious decision whether this forum has what they are looking for.

If you could share any tidbit of information with a newcomer or guest and only had 3 words to do so, what would those 3 words be?

Research, research, research

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Good advice, but I think the numbers may be a bit off, I don't log in unless I need to , to see more or make a comment.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
The number of guests is nearly 3:1 of members

When guest are checking this forum out, they are making a conscious decision whether this forum has what they are looking for.

If you could share any tidbit of information with a newcomer or guest and only had 3 words to do so, what would those 3 words be?

Research, research, research
Yeah, I was on the forums quite a bit before I decided I just had to join in on all the fun! 3 words: "Dont", "Get", "Caught" (if posting while at work) -- its addictive!

·
Banned
48 Posts
Typically, "Guests" are bots. There may be a few at any given time that are humans looking and lurking but the majority are not. When I say bots I am talking about spam bots, not Google, MSN, etc...

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Another:

DON'T BUY JUNK

When the need comes to use your preps, they have to work. Make sure your equipment is can handle it.

Using the aforementioned "Research, practice, apply", when in practice mode, you'll find the shortcomings (and it's normally on sub-standard items). E.g. I had a machete laying around for years. I took it out awhile back and started using it. Within 15 minutes it was trashed. Dull in minutes and with only 1/4 tang, 15 minutes of use and the handle broke off. It's since been replaced with a better quality (and full tang) machete which has worked flawlessly.

·
Good ole country folk
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another:

DON'T BUY JUNK

When the need comes to use your preps, they have to work. Make sure your equipment is can handle it.

Using the aforementioned "Research, practice, apply", when in practice mode, you'll find the shortcomings (and it's normally on sub-standard items). E.g. I had a machete laying around for years. I took it out awhile back and started using it. Within 15 minutes it was trashed. Dull in minutes and with only 1/4 tang, 15 minutes of use and the handle broke off. It's since been replaced with a better quality (and full tang) machete which has worked flawlessly.
Great advise

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Typically, "Guests" are bots. There may be a few at any given time that are humans looking and lurking but the majority are not. When I say bots I am talking about spam bots, not Google, MSN, etc...
To the spam-bots I'd say "Control Alt Delete".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts