Advanced Planning

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by wildman800, Jun 19, 2010.

1. wildman800

wildman800 Well-Known Member

I'm halfway completed writing my plan for a Longterm Family Relocation scenario.

Personally speaking, I think it's a good idea for Gulf Coast and East coast residents to think about it, decide if it's a wise idea, and either get started or discard the entire notion.

I live 48 air miles from the Gulf of Mexico and I don't like what I'm finding at various net news sites.

That's my $0.02

2. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

I live 3,742 Air Miles from the Gulf of Mexico and I don't like what I'm finding..............

3. truthismyname33

truthismyname33 Member

I'm ON THE coast, and I'm getting OUT! My plans are written, and being executed. Choice is yours....

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

truthismyname33 hit the nail on the head. Plans written and plans BEING EXECUTED!!! I come across so many people who don't get past the planning stage. Like the humor writer Patrick McManus wrote in one of his books: "Ain't nothing ever gonna be just the way you want it, so you might as well just go and do it".

5. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

If I'm still around when something happens, I don't need a written plan. I've thought it through so many times, and have packed it a few times. Now the problem lies, what if its just the wife, will she know what to do?? Yes for the most part, however a written plan would help her and give myself peace of mind now. I think I will start in a couple days.

6. wildman800

My plans are now written down for the Primary Location. I am still getting the information together for the Secondary Location, and adding info to the plan as I receive it.

A plan is to organize your thoughts BEFORE the emergency hits. The Plan is primarily guidance to get one moving in the right direction when required and allows flexibility to adjust because every situation is different and circumstances rarely pan out as you had envisioned earlier.

Being gone 2/3rds of each year, a written plan is available for my wife to consult when an emergency approaches and I'm not at home or even in communications range.

I've already made arrangements for securing the primary location, IF needed, and I've already prepositioned $1K there as an emergency cash fund. Now I'm sitting back, doing more research on the Secondary Location, and watching developements of the oil leak, BP, and the US Gov, in regards to mandatory evacuations from my home 270 air miles, upwind from the leak.

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Exellent thinking, wildman!

8. wildman800

Looking at the information that I am currently in receipt of in regards to the "oil leak" in the Gulf, I'm starting to look at finding a Tertiary Relocation Site that would be at or above 40 degrees North Latitude and Northwest of Louisiana.

I am concerned and am getting steadily more concerned about the crop and vegetation damage that is being reported from the Alabama Gulf Coast towards Missouri and Ohio.

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Is this damage related to the oil spill, wildman, and if so, how is it affecting crops and vegetation that far away? Is it traveling in the water? Something traveling in the air because of it? I'm not familiar at all with this sort of thing.

10. wildman800

It first appeared along the Alabama-Tennessee border area about a month after the LEAK started in the Gulf. White spots appear on leaves and then spreads, killing the leaves.

Many people on the net (different bulletin boards) think and/or claim that this is a fungus and many others simply have no idea of what this is or where it came from. I haven't seen any reports from the West where there has been more of a drought situation.

We need to hear from from whatever State Agricultural Agencies are researching/finding, or better yet, what are Ag Dept's of State Universities are /researching/finding.

This DOES NOT bode well in regards to the food supply in this country which has been suffering from droughts, floods, and insects already.

11. Thdaoub

Thdaoub Member

I think advance planing is a good way to decide what we should do next step and decrease so many problems!