Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a really serious question. I ask it because I want to see what others believe. We are in a position now in the USA...that Economic Collapse is a looming possibility, and it appears more and more obvious that the entire system is being run by an elite international group of bankers and political leaders our own country included.

I am a Christian. I think whether we see a collapse or not that we should not live in fear. This does become difficult when such fear mongering seems to be evermore prevailing. But it seems with good reason.

This article posts alot of opinions but what was encouraging to me is the beginning of it. Which calls on believers to not be afraid.
The following information is pretty serious and I think merits some attention by anyone who has eyes and ears.

Christian Faith, Economic Collapse, Hard Times, Where Does That Leave You?

What will you do when / if America's Economic system collapses and there are bands of hungry people roaming about ready to take what you have prepared for such a time? What if the bank runs started tomorrow? And runs on food stores started the next day? What comes after all the food and cash is gone? How long? What would you do?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Several discussions regarding this have aready appeared in the forum, many agree they will share with some, they will not share with others. Often the determination will be made depending on the situation! And most of the Christians on here have indicated they will follow the leading of the Spirit at that time. As they do now!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You may have opened a can of worms. I guess we'll see.

I'm a Christian, just maybe not a very good one. I do not live in fear. What could happen? Death? That will happen anyway. I lost my fear of death long ago.

It is going to be interesting to watch all those who call themselves Christian as the vice begins to tighten and the persecution begins in ernest.

I personally believe that the Christian church here in the US has been corrupted to such an extent that it isn't any longer salvageable. It isn't really even Christian any longer for most major denominations. Its just ritualistic dogma and control exercised over and over, ad nauseam.

Christianity is a simple spiritual relationship between man and YAWH. No "go betweens" required. I am a simple follower of Yashua. Nuff said.

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may have opened a can of worms. I guess we'll see.

I'm a Christian, just maybe not a very good one. I do not live in fear. What could happen? Death? That will happen anyway. I lost my fear of death long ago.

It is going to be interesting to watch all those who call themselves Christian as the vice begins to tighten and the persecution begins in ernest.

I personally believe that the Christian church here in the US has been corrupted to such an extent that it isn't any longer salvageable. It isn't really even Christian any longer for most major denominations. Its just ritualistic dogma and control exercised over and over, ad nauseam.

Christianity is a simple spiritual relationship between man and YAWH. No "go betweens" required. I am a simple follower of Yashua. Nuff said.
Great response. I totally agree with you about the churches in the USA. Churchianity has taken over...and I can no longer stand even showing up at these kinds of places. Sure there are believers there...but many are still drinking milk when they should be bbq'ing steaks and eating in style.

Milky Christianity every where you look.

I truly think that some of these milky "christians" will be the ones who fall away in Thessalonians.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Several discussions regarding this have aready appeared in the forum, many agree they will share with some, they will not share with others. Often the determination will be made depending on the situation! And most of the Christians on here have indicated they will follow the leading of the Spirit at that time. As they do now!
RIGHT ON!

As a Christian you prepare as the Spirit leads you but you prepare knowing that God provides. God provides for you in times of plenty and God provides for you in times of hardship.

There is nothing that will happen in this world to nullify the importance of faith in El Shaddai (if we want to use Hebrew names) to provide including your own preparation.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
There is a section at the bottom of the list of forums for religious discussion. This seems like a great thread for there. Good things to think about.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
There is a section at the bottom of the list of forums for religious discussion. This seems like a great thread for there. Good things to think about.
YEA!! Yawl get on down to the basement!!!...:D....... But before ya do... I think there is way to much of the " I'm a Christian" stuff everywhere... meaning that If you believe in a greater power and God a Creator , an all knowing being then your where you need to be.. to say I'm this faith or that faith is saying I'm a baptist and your not... etc etc... it's divisive...believing to me, is that I refuse to believe something crawled out of the mud a few hundred billion eons ago ...stood up, looked around and said COOL!! I think I'll walk around ... there is a design ... there is a purposes , to all this , ours not to reason what...and those that run around screaming Ours is the only way are fools an ya should not heed them...

I don't feel the need to talk to god all the time like some do... I know he or maybe she is there ,that's enough for me... I usually don't need to chat with God unless I'm up to my A$$ in Alligators and running low on ammo.. then I can really get into it... also God has a great sense of humor !! don't believe that? look around ... there's a lot to laugh about..

As for prepping... your doing it because you know it's the right thing to do...not because a voice from above said too...but because you were given the brain to think with , to reason with .. hell you go thumbs!! you know not to pet a rattle snake..not because somebody said don't pet the snake... you just know in the deepest part of your being that petting a rattler is rather dumb.. BUT we have free will..!! so if ya wanna...pet the snake!! your choice.. prep or not..your choice.. carry a gun or not...ditto!.. all your choices ..free will...

We to this day remember the horrors of Nazi Germany the millions of Jews killed... ever think about the ones who woke up one day and said...Damn this little $hit with the funny cookie sweeper makes my spider senses quiver I think I'm gonna head to New York and visit Cousin Hymie...?? Free Will... thumbs... they were preppers!! they saw the problem and hauled a$$... and didn't stop till they were safe.. the Sheeple Jews met the Wolf and got ate....so to speak... so..did God only tell some of the Jews there was a problem? nope... the message was there... some didn't read the small print...

Anyway...that's my take..but what the hell do I know...... Well... I know the $hit's a gonna hit the fan and I'm not gonna wait till the fat lady sings..

Do I hear an AMAN!!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Okay, HB...Amen!!

Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if ya ain't gonna use your feet!!!

My faith is really lacking..see, I go to church and believe---heck, he's pulled dh and me through some tough chit these last 3 months...

Saying that, I don't think God is gonna take my rice and ramen noodles and fortify this entire neighborhood...okay??:dunno:

Free will...it's there for all mankind. :rolleyes: I didn't invent prepping, but my common sense sure found it.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
YEA!! Yawl get on down to the basement!!!...:D....... But before ya do... I think there is way to much of the " I'm a Christian" stuff everywhere... meaning that If you believe in a greater power and God a Creator , an all knowing being then your where you need to be.. to say I'm this faith or that faith is saying I'm a baptist and your not... etc etc... it's divisive...believing to me, is that I refuse to believe something crawled out of the mud a few hundred billion eons ago ...stood up, looked around and said COOL!! I think I'll walk around ... there is a design ... there is a purposes , to all this , ours not to reason what...and those that run around screaming Ours is the only way are fools an ya should not heed them...
I disagree wholeheartedly. It is not enough to recognise there is a creator... the devil does that and is still damned. Creators create for a purpose and if we were not to know the purpose then God would not have left us his Word detailing such.

I don't feel the need to talk to god all the time like some do... I know he or maybe she is there ,that's enough for me... I usually don't need to chat with God unless I'm up to my A$$ in Alligators and running low on ammo.. then I can really get into it... also God has a great sense of humor !! don't believe that? look around ... there's a lot to laugh about..
God loves you more than you could love you own child. You dont ask your own child to give you things, you dont ask your child to get on his/her knees and kiss your butt, you dont ask your child to go to work for you. Instead you want to have a relationship with your child. You volunteer to work to provide for and sustain your child. How much more your God and Creator?

As for prepping... your doing it because you know it's the right thing to do...not because a voice from above said too...but because you were given the brain to think with , to reason with .. hell you go thumbs!! you know not to pet a rattle snake..not because somebody said don't pet the snake... you just know in the deepest part of your being that petting a rattler is rather dumb.. BUT we have free will..!! so if ya wanna...pet the snake!! your choice.. prep or not..your choice.. carry a gun or not...ditto!.. all your choices ..free will...
Had you never been told by anyone that snakes bite and you had never seen anyone get bitten you would not know to stay away from snakes. If you had not been told by someone of all the crap going on in this country you likely would not feel the need to prepare. You were taught well... like it or not. You are correct, we still have to choose even if we are told and taught. There is always free will. Gods word teaches to be good stewards of what you are given in this life and, to me, that includes being prepared to take care of my family. Gods word also teaches that He is the Provider and He will provide until its time for me to come home (means we dont have to worry about provision).

Anyway...that's my take..but what the hell do I know...... Well... I know the $hit's a gonna hit the fan and I'm not gonna wait till the fat lady sings..

Do I hear an AMAN!!
To this, I say Amen! Still, do not discount the immeasurable value of a relationship with your Creator. Do not discount the immeasurable love and wisdom found in love letters He has left you in the Bible.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I don't think God is gonna take my rice and ramen noodles and fortify this entire neighborhood...okay??:dunno:
But you do know that He could if thats how He decides (IF he decides) to provide for your entire neighborhood. We know God is all powerful and able to do whatever He wishes. He has done it before and there is nothing that says He wont do it again. :dunno:

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
Back to "Faith and Action":

When it comes to prepping we (Christians) act in faith FIRST... believing that God will provide. Our second act to is to look, expecting to see how God is providing. For some He may provide a little extra income, for others He may provide a neighbor willing to share, for others He may drop a bag of groceries on your front door... LITERALLY.

Also keep your eyes out for how you can work in others lives to help them prepare... perhaps He will move you to drop a sack of groceries on your neighbors doorstep. There is more joy in the plan of God than there is without.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
This is a really serious question. I ask it because I want to see what others believe. We are in a position now in the USA...that Economic Collapse is a looming possibility, and it appears more and more obvious that the entire system is being run by an elite international group of bankers and political leaders our own country included.

I am a Christian. I think whether we see a collapse or not that we should not live in fear. This does become difficult when such fear mongering seems to be evermore prevailing. But it seems with good reason.

This article posts alot of opinions but what was encouraging to me is the beginning of it. Which calls on believers to not be afraid.
The following information is pretty serious and I think merits some attention by anyone who has eyes and ears.

Christian Faith, Economic Collapse, Hard Times, Where Does That Leave You?

What will you do when / if America's Economic system collapses and there are bands of hungry people roaming about ready to take what you have prepared for such a time? What if the bank runs started tomorrow? And runs on food stores started the next day? What comes after all the food and cash is gone? How long? What would you do?
I believe that there's a complete economic collapse coming within two years. I believe that's a 100% certainty because the Federal Reserve is printing trillions of bogus dollars every year. I believe that the collapse will lead to the one-world government prophesied in the Book of Revelation. I'm an Evangelical Christian. We're stockpiling a year's supply of food, water, and kerosene. I doubt we'll need more than that. We have guns. We'll do the best we can to protect ourselves. I believe that my first obligation is to those in my household. We'll take in my stepson's girlfriend when the time comes. She doesn't know it but we're prepping with her in mind too.

After the collapse I plan on taking turns guarding the house from the inside. My stepson is 21. He's a night owl anyway. He'll take the night shift. I'll take the day shift. I don't plan on opening the door to anyone or even looking to see who's at the door. Not unless I feel God's voice in my mind telling me to do otherwise.

I first learned about the coming economic collapse in May when I listened to Porter Stansberry at endofamerica44.com. After I saw it I showed it to my wife and stepson. I didn't sleep well for a couple of weeks after that. It wasn't long and we started stockpiling water then food. We took a loan from my wife's 401k and bought gold. A month or two ago I bought about 7 ounces of junk silver coins. We bought shotguns and learned to use them at a shooting range. I bought some kerosene cooking stoves. I plan on buying some kerosene heaters once they have them at Home Depot. Very soon I need to start buying kerosene too.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Organized Religion

Is about control..control of the masses by the " Elite " of the church / churches... We are told...TOLD by these old writings and modern preachers that God is going to dump us into hell if we don't please him etc...

MY God created butterfly's.. birds...bee's... life....he created Man ..IN HIS IMAGE.... knowing all that would come...he knows the grains of sand , he knows the Sparrows fall in the forest... so..why would he need a place like Hell to dump us into when we are his children made in his image?? he knew going in we were what we are.. so if he needed hell why bother in the first place....??? are we a roll of the dice / in a game ?...no...

Sorry I don't buy the hardassed vengeful god .. A creator who can make a butterfly isn't going to make a place like hell...if so then I guess I'll be there.. I
believe we are ...and when we leave here we go ...there?... or maybe around again?....

Organized religion says it's way is the only way... what of other beliefs ? is their way wrong? says who?

I know modern religion is an offshoot of "The Church" which was created by the very same folks who tossed Christians to the lions.. seems to me they sorta decided to bend it to their own ideas and tell everybody the rules ... while collecting 10 % for what?.. can't have sex when ya want...??? God gave it to us !!..but the church tries to take it away? and puts men in charge who don't have sex...well not with women.. gimmie a break..

Buddhism..Shintoism ... Hinduism ... and all of the other Ism's are all wrong? I've never heard of any of them sending "missionaries " around to tell anybody their's was the only way... more like live and let live..

But lets not argue.. your belief is yours...and I have mine... we believe in the same creator just disagree in his ways ...

Yawl can have the fire and brimstone guy I'll take the Butterfly maker... I like mine better

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I trust in God to provide... for all the morons who have not planned ahead. Me? I already got that particular memo.

I don't necessarily believe that it makes me a poor Christian because I won't give away all of my stuff. But then, it seems that I have a slightly different view of Christianity than most others on here.

"Faith" has been described as the assured expectation of that which one cannot experience. As such, I don't believe that faith in a higher power would preclude me from taking care of myself first and foremost. There is a distinct difference between "faith" and "failure to care for one's self". I can't imagine any god being upset that you have taken care of yourself and your family.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If believers were intended to sit on their hands and wait for YAWH to provide for them, them Noah would never have built the ark. He would have just learned how to float to keep his head above water.

·
Registered
444 Posts
See my comments inline. And this is not just a Christian idea/feeling. We as Asatru do not fear death and most of , if not all of what happens was already written in the wyrd from the Norn according to our faith, so do the best we can with what is given to us and try and honor the Gods and ancestors.

Is about control..control of the masses by the " Elite " of the church / churches... We are told...TOLD by these old writings and modern preachers that God is going to dump us into hell if we don't please him etc...
Not all religion is this, only centralized religion

Sorry I don't buy the hardassed vengeful god
Hail to that one

Organized religion says it's way is the only way... what of other beliefs ? is their way wrong? says who?
Again, not all religions have this attitude. I could care less whether you honor my Gods or not. There is nothing in it for me and I have not been directed to convert folks

Buddhism..Shintoism ... Hinduism ... and all of the other Ism's are all wrong? I've never heard of any of them sending "missionaries " around to tell anybody their's was the only way... more like live and let live..
Another Hail!

But lets not argue.. your belief is yours...and I have mine... we believe in the same creator just disagree in his ways ...
Our beliefs and even certain religions view the creator as different, but yes let's not argue.

Yawl can have the fire and brimstone guy I'll take the Butterfly maker... I like mine better
Hail the that one!

·
Registered
983 Posts
This brings to mind a great verse from 2Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their nation."

Prepare for the worst and Pray for the best.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I think that a lot of it comes down to too many people using their "religion" or "faith" as a crutch. Too often, they do not accept personal responsibility for the things that they do or should do, instead they throw their hands in the air and say, "oh, well, if ______ (insert deity here) wills it, then it will happen."

Bull. Predestination is not an excuse for inactivity. There may be things set in action which an individual is unable to surmount on their own, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to overcome. I've said it before and I will say it again: this attitude is analogous to the sheeple who sit back and say that they don't need to help themselves, the government will take care of them.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that my God would like someone who sits back and says, "hey, it's cool, the Big Guy has got this one!" The idea of sitting back and putting your entire life in God's hands, not doing anything for yourself, is nothing but simple laziness and weakness to me.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
But you do know that He could if thats how He decides (IF he decides) to provide for your entire neighborhood. We know God is all powerful and able to do whatever He wishes. He has done it before and there is nothing that says He wont do it again. :dunno:
Ant, sweetie, you are preaching to the choir---I didn't say I didn't believe He COULD...heck, I know He can....

But my faith is lacking...and I don't have a village backing my beliefs...so I'll just keep prepping for dh and me.

God seems to have His hands full right now with Japan's nuclear reactors, Russia's locusts, Missouri's floods, Texas's drought....

I truly believe my water and food provisions may be waaaaaay down the list of needs.

Like I said, don't ask God to guide your footsteps if ya ain't gonna use your feet!!!! I'm using my feet He gave me.:2thumb:

Note: and on the topic of God providing??? if He didn't provide, we wouldn't be prepping, would we?? for there'd be nothing to prep with.....EVERY NIGHT WHEN I SIT TO DINNER, GOD IS THANKED FOR THE MEAL.

BillS..I see the collapse coming sooner---not because of the feds...nature is whispering to us---we better fricking start listening...it'll be waaaaay too late when she's yelling!!!

Wow, Hozay---you're the first I've met who actually admits My God---I can't say this at church, but I believe like you. Happy christian day!
We'll all have that chance to go with Him; it is our choice. You can make it now, or make it later.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
This brings to mind a great verse from 2Chronicles 7:14
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their nation."

Prepare for the worst and Pray for the best.
And praise God, I live in a county with those signs in yards everywhere you go!!!!

And no UCLA here yet.:eek:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.