Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
businesses that register on forums as individuals & then just proceed to shill their company as their first post(s), many times their ONLY post(s)... :mad:

·
Comic Relief Member
980 Posts
I won't do business with any individual/company that falls into that category. There are much better ways to "advertise" that do not cause animosity and thereby lose possible customers. I WILL, however, do business with individuals/companies that are mentioned in posts by long-standing members of the Prepared Society since I trust in their judgment. :soapbox2:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yup. I've seen them on here too.

I pretty much only go to links posted by people who have been established here a while.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
If you happen to see something spam-related or something questionable, go ahead and hit the report-post button which will send an email to Dean, Bob and myself. The first one of us that sees it will can-it ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Since we're in a campfire circle here maybe I can say that I think nevster may be a spammer who is trying to be sociable. Every post, though is pushing or promoting that food storage stuff he claims they're practically "giving away".
I'm not trying to cause trouble, but it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Since we're in a campfire circle here maybe I can say that I think nevster may be a spammer who is trying to be sociable. Every post, though is pushing or promoting that food storage stuff he claims they're practically "giving away".
I'm not trying to cause trouble, but it'll be interesting to see how it unfolds.
I am watching nev as well to see if he steps out of bounds, but, with that being said, we are trying to bring in good vendors who have products that will benefit our members and will offer free advertising to them. Some of the requirements are that the vendor must be able to ship international due to having members from Europe and Australia as well as all over north and south America ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yes, I love having the vender showcase going now on the forum. I love window shopping, and it's nice to have a place the people who ARE selling things can "display" them.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I only like spam in the can, just can't abide it sliped in and yep i catch it quick. If it sounds to good to be true well, what do ya think. Nothing is free in this world or so cheap it looks like its is.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I love having the vender showcase going now on the forum. I love window shopping, and it's nice to have a place the people who ARE selling things can "display" them.
yes, I agree, the VENDOR section is a good idea... :congrat: on that

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
My only worry

Is that a "vender" can suck a lot of folks into sending their $$ and then not get their order, seen it in a couple of forms I used to go to.. mostly they seem to be folks who start out really trying to have a good business but then start spending the incoming money to carry day to day expenses and then they have a bad week and poof their gone...

I really try to deal with long established companies.. I buy most of my stuff on line so it pays to be picky...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.