Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To you which is more valuable time or money? Now most of us immediatly think time is more valuable. But the way we live often says the opposite we often spend more time to get more money. I know theres the house payment and taxes to deal with but honestly we all would spend 2 hours to make $100.
Then again you do need money to enjoy things and places where you spend your time. I think in the end we value long term time over money but we see short term time as just a dent in our lives. But that dent can add up to a totaled life if it is not managed. Just me rambling.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
The most important thing to me is that when I'm at the end of my life, I can look back over the years and be content with what I did with my life.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you have a lot of money time is a valuable thing and you'll gladly pay someone else to mow the lawn and clean the house. If money is tight for you then you will sacrifice some time to get money - maybe by mowing someones's lawn or cleaning their house....

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
When I am workin' my own business, I charge-out at $120/hr (self-employeed business). I also work for a company and am paid a regular-cheque based on $25/hr. I also have a part-time job slingin' drinks as a bartender, and, if I am "sweet" enough, I can easily clear $250/hr in tips alone ..

To me, time is worth more than money because I have many ways to locate more cash.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
My issue is I don't ever to have both at the same time. If I have time to do things, I may not have the money. If I'm out making the money, I don't have the time to do things.
That's me.
My work is somewhat seasonal. My busy season is spring, summer and fall. Gardening season is spring, summer and fall. Lots of time to do things in the winter but money is a little tighter.

I also vote time.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I value being able to spend my time the way I want to, being a wage slave to the system isn't living to me. When I got to AA, I was told that I didn't want to work so I was not to pray for a job. They told me all I wanted was a paycheck so I should pray for one of those.:cool:

·
Partyin' like it's 1699
216 Posts
The best thing IMHO is making money doing something that makes you happy.
This is absolutely true. My husband and I are both musicians, we play together in 3 different local orchestras and other groups. We get PAID to play Beethoven symphonies (hell I'd do it for free just so people can hear the music! The check is a nice bonus at that point!) We also do weddings and parties, other little events. What is even better about our music job is that people are always SO grateful and so excited about hearing you play. Some of the best jobs we get are ones for nursing homes or some other smaller, intimate setting. I got a FRANTIC phone call one night from a man who had planned on a fancy dinner for two with his wife at a country club, and had forgotten that he promised her there would be a violinist-that's what she wanted apparently. I was already booked that night, and didn't have much experience with solo gigs, so I had to call around until I finally found someone else to take it. In the meantime, this guy was blowing up my phone until I told him there would be someone there to play music for his wife. My friend who took the gig later told me the man paid him over $300 just to play for about two hours.
But yeah, enjoying your job really is like being on vacation. It is NOT a glamorous job-it just looks that way on the surface. :cool:

·
Partyin' like it's 1699
216 Posts
That being said, I definitely don't have enough time to just relax. My job might be fun, but it's physically demanding and often sends me to the chiropractor's office to spend what little time I have left getting put back together just so I can keep working.

I fantasize about disappearing into the woods for a month. My family already knows this, so if and when I do take off at least they wont freak out and try to find me. It isn't just time I need, it's time ALONE. I am married with three little kids, and quite honestly I'm really sick of being around any other humans at this point LOL!

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Some people have no time to do anything they want. These people will be late for there own funeral. Some people have all the time they need, but instead of using it wisely, they wast it. These people will be early for there own funeral.

Time is more important. Money can be found in the strangest places when needed the most.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.