Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
$8 for a FirstAid kit? I think that my "cheapest" kit that I purchased was around $55 and I found it wasn't enough to make me happy. What is all included in the kit? Does it include a "first-aid cheat-sheet" that describes basic issues and the best course of action to take (ie: heat burn - apply SkinCool, sliver - use pin and tweazers).

I don't know if I would be happy if my grandson went to a school right beside a chem-plant. Here in Calgary the heavy industrial-zones are fairly well seperated from the light industrial areas (the buffer-zone to the residential areas).

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
That is an awesome sounding FirstAid kit - especially for the price!

I kind of understand the need to live near work - and have work near the people, but, here in Calgary we have seen the need to have a buffer-zone between residential and industry.

Ten years ago we had an oil-recycler go up in smoke - there was almost no buffer-zone between it and the nearest community (2 blocks to the nearest house). Everything within 5km (3 miles) was coated in oil-soot, a drive-in theater closed down because the soot coated the screens and insurance wouldn't cover it.

You can read more of the story (and further links) at: Hub Oil explosion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since then, the city-planners make sure that there some kind of buffer-zone between the dangerous-stuff and schools / hospitals / residential. Yesterday it was announced that the area will be developed into light-industrial .. Destroyed Hub Oil site rezoned for development

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.