1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
www.veggear.blogspot.com
720 Posts
I was talking to someone on another group about it last week. The weather last weekend reminds me of "The Day After Tomorrow". Calf, East coast and Europe all getting hit at the same time.

·
Grunt
101 Posts
I work civil defense operations, especially natural disasters within the state. I can say without hesitation that weather changes are less than I originally thought, but reliance on expanding infrastructure is the bigger villain. I am speaking from a macro scale and floods tip the data towards my statement.

We have channeled everything and allow very little absorption. Every flood instigates additional tiling, levees, storm runoff, and concrete barriers that effectively increase the problem.

The Corps of Engineers is very aware as are many state and city planners, but the public tends to demand "fixes" they can quickly feel good about with minimal intellect applied.

It is scary from the response side of the house. I do feel weather pattern changes are real, but only a partial (yet significant) part of the overall problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts