a good morning

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by marlas1too, May 15, 2010.

1. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

its so nice here in the panhandle of wv this morning i was out in the garden at first light -this year is the first time ive been able to garden since i got this place over 9 yrs ago-retired this year-put in raised beds as the ground is full of rocks -not a problem-strawberry's are going wild and so is the blueberry's-left the patch of raspberry's that grew up after i cut the huge oaks i cut down 3 years ago they were to close to the house -going to turn all my yard into edible landscape and ill dri most of it for storage-i want this place to be self sustaining in a few years -hope to get the hothouse up sometime this year too-sorry if i got off the thread--------remember its better to have and not need than need and not have

2. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Marlas, I'm too tired to look up Gerrardstown right now, but if you're in the panhandle of WV we can't be more than an hour apart. I'm in the very southern tip of Allegheny County, PA.

3. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

never give up theres always a way out - nice country where you are at-i love the woods where i live and the people are so nice and friendly --remember its better to have and not need than need and not have

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Good morning (a day later - but that's the way it goes ... rain and dial-up :surrender:)

The edible landscape is very cool :D and yummy! We have been working on that for 15 years now. Some things worked, some did not ... like the blueberries ...:cry:

5. pioneergirl

pioneergirl Junior Member

Was just telling DH how we could turn our front yard into an edible landscape...my problem? The neighbor's dogs who love to "mark" everything. Ok, so get a fence or hotwire...hotwire when SHTF with no power? No can do. Fence? Until I find some for free, I'm out. *sigh*

6. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Our electric fence charger is solar powered. It works great. They cost more than the other type but you don't have plug them in so they're very portable and maintenance free. Our neighbor uses one to keep his buffalo in the pasture.

7. pioneergirl

pioneergirl Junior Member

;) of course, as soon as I read that I said "well duh"....so did the DH...guess the conversation wasn't over when I typed it, :eek: :ignore: so just ignore my moment of being a total airhead.