Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I stared at this article with my mouth hanging open I laughed until I hurt:

Adopt-A-Turkey Project

Those people are serious! Makes me want to buy extra murdered turkeys from the supermarket this year!

I really laughed at the heart-warming extra touch of "As a turkey sponsor, you will receive a special Adopt-A-Turkey certificate with a color photo of and fun details about your new friend."

ROTFL! fun details about our new turkey friend??? Those people have obviously never raised a home flock of turkeys! Yeah, ours thought they were pets and followed us around the yard, but come on...they were always destined for our table!

Who couldn't resist getting that special adopt-a-turkey certificate! har har har! :lolsmash:

Really, don't those people have anything more important in their lives than to save meat animals from the table? :nuts:

·
a dude
654 Posts
Ellen wants us to adopt a turkey now!

Oh man. That's funny. I wonder how many folks have a Reese card and what brilliant turkey farmer came up with this scheme! Even if he actually did this with his defective and underweight birds he'd make a mint.

·
Adventurer at large
541 Posts
I can almost see that vapid Sally Struthers hawking this scam......

"Won't you please help, to save these poor defenseless birds from a horrible death?"

BWAHAHAHAHA...... don't be messin' with my drumsticks and turkey sandwiches, now! :nuts:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
"Skip the traditional holiday meats and stuff yourself with veggie treats!"

Let me think on it a minute ... nope ... can't do it (sorry) ... ;)

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Dayum .. Jordan looks yummy!

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
I see Ellen Degenerate is backin it!

Well, if I actually get a turkey outa the deal, I got a nice warm place fer it.......................now where did I leave that oil?:D

Great scam, get pepople ta donate money, fatten up the birds an then sell em off! Who gonna know the difference?

·
a dude
654 Posts
Jordan:
California Shelter
"Embrace the spirit of Thanksgiving, and let me gobble my way into your heart."

I wonder how many times Jordan was sold.

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Ok Im just disgusted. Why would I send them money for a bird that Im not going to eat:gaah: :scratch: :lolsmash:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone want to adopt my hens or my goat? Send me $$$, and I'll tell you how cute and adorable they are! ROTFL! I'll even send you a picture! What a cool scam to keep my critters fed! And no one will ever know when that Barred Rock hen went into the stew pot and a different hen takes it's place!

:D

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
Anyone want to adopt my hens or my goat? Send me $$$, and I'll tell you how cute and adorable they are! ROTFL! I'll even send you a picture! What a cool scam to keep my critters fed! And no one will ever know when that Barred Rock hen went into the stew pot and a different hen takes it's place!

:D
Eating one of our pet chickens? :eek:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I must confess..

My name is HozayBuck and I'm a turkaholic.. I eat turkey often , not just holidays..every chance I get... I admit it ..OK ?? I've even driven while eating Turkey.. :eek:... I've been stopped by the police and had to chew a batch of twigs to disguise the smell of turkey dressing on my breath.... I'm hooked.. I can't get this Turkey off my back..!...

But I'm not a quiter so don't say get help...I LOVE IT!! and I'll eat all the Turkey I want and yawl kain't stop me !!...:gaah:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I adopt a turkey will they bring it to my home so I can fatten it up and then cook it for Thanksgiving?
Try telling them you want visitation rights in your home! :D

Hozay, come along, time for your 12-step meeting at Turkey Eaters Anonymous! :lolsmash:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Try telling them you want visitation rights in your home! :D

Hozay, come along, time for your 12-step meeting at Turkey Eaters Anonymous! :lolsmash:
GS Luv the only 12 steps I'm taking is the one from one dish to the next.. with another 12 for the seconds..

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Why is it that most folks only have Turkey a couple of times a year? I love turkey and here we have it at least 5 or 6 times a year.. we also buy a bunch "After" Thanksgiving day when they go on sale..

I boil the whole mess after the carcass is stripped and make soup.. yum..

pound for pound Turkey bought on sale is the cheapest meat you can eat and it's gotta be better for you then a lot of red meat..

Go figger

·
a dude
654 Posts
Why is it that most folks only have Turkey a couple of times a year? I love turkey and here we have it at least 5 or 6 times a year.. we also buy a bunch "After" Thanksgiving day when they go on sale..

I boil the whole mess after the carcass is stripped and make soup.. yum..

pound for pound Turkey bought on sale is the cheapest meat you can eat and it's gotta be better for you then a lot of red meat..

Go figger
We do it about three or four times a year as well...and go through the steps.

The big eat. The picking. The hot turkey open sandwiches. The picking. Soup.

We generally don't do the turkey ala king thing anymore.

One big turkey is good for a lot of meals and a whole lot of snacks. Some think of this meal as expensive, but when it comes down to it, unless you go nuts with some of the side dishes and get exotic, expensive things, Thanksgiving and the days that follow can be pretty cost effective eating.

But where does that leave Jordon...he wants some love, not hunger from us.

"Let me gobble my way into your heart."

Does anyone else notice they're using the scrawny ones?

·
Meoww
643 Posts
To be honest I hate turkey. So dose most of my family. So we dont eat it. My step dad eats like a bird......10 times his wait a day :lolsmash: He dose eat a lot and that turkey would be gone in a mater of HRS. :eek::gaah:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts