A diet that really works...

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by prepperware, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

To substitute pizza... I make meatza. I'll never go back to regular ole pizza. :)

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

... and that way she can either choose to keep him fat or skinny as well ...

:kiss:

3. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

If he is fat he loves her cooking but if he is skinny he plans to leave...

4. cowboyhermit

cowboyhermit Supporting Member

Never tick off someone who cooks for you, sugar and salt look very similar. If the person cooking for you has extensive knowledge of "medicinal" herbs, behave yourself or live in perpetual fear:D

5. iceeyes

iceeyes Well-Known Member

I have recently joined a gym and am trying to change the way I eat. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best protein powder to use for weight loss.

6. prepperware

prepperware Active Member

Iceeyes - Check out the start of this thread I started and get a copy of this book. I'm past my 4th week now on this diet. I have not been losing as much weight as they say because I have not increased my physical activity. That changes next week because I'm working an extra 3 days / week. What you get will be a well balanced, low fat, high protein diet. I feel so much better and I'm losing fat, but gaining muscle. It is not so much a diet as resetting your body to eat the right things.. I've been very happy with the changes I'm seeing and I feel so much better. Hope it works for you too.

7. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

Diets and Logic

What else is there to said, diet books make for excellent fire starters, let`s be realistic here we gain weight because we EAT, more than before , we get older our bodies metabolism changes ,but we continue to eat, we get lazy, everything is one phone call away or on the way from work p/u of junk food. Lack of education, no way , the WWW is at your finger tips, you can be your own dietician , I`m 260 from 306 and loosing and I eat everything, my numbers are normal, and I can`t recall the last time I stop in a fast food join, start by cleaning your pantry of junk, make your meals at home, we have all the tools, and time, if we can seat in front of the TV for 3 hours watching a game, you can spend 3 hours making healthy meals in a weekend, money is not the issue here either, I have saved by eliminating sodas, lards, butters, sugar loaded cereals, mayonnaise ,etc. I also don`t want to be a hypocrite here, and sometimes we have pizza, Chinese food ,
    love bread so I make great sandwiches that type of thing but never fast food, rink plenty of water ,ice tea, homemade sherbets , juices and most important, salt retains water, cut back in salt and used lemon juice, vinegar
    keep in mind that everything you buy at the store is loaded with junk. Also a helpful hint ,keep a log of all your calories intake for the day and set a goal of ,like me of 1500 -1800 per day, you`ll see the results soon.:D

8. iceeyes

iceeyes Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I have joined a gym and I have one of the employees helping with a workout plan. I'm trying to cut cokes out, but having to get up at 2:45 am for work tends make that a little harder. So thanks again and if you have any more advice plz feel free.

9. cowboyhermit

If you drink pop and you want to lose weight I would almost think of it as a good thing. Substituting just one can of sugary grossness :p for a cup of coffee or tea or other things will slash like 140 calories as long as you don't add 10tsp of sugar:rolleyes:

10. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

No single diet or program can work for everybody, there are several different body types and conditions that the educated morons can't seem to process. A body that has put it's self in protection mode through some type of stress will respond to a lower calorie count by storing more fat and producing less energy.

11. cowboyhermit

This is very true, but there are some things that don't really do anybody much good. Hard to find someone who would benefit from more sugar in their diet for instance:dunno: If a person needs more calories to put on weight or for extreme physical exertion maybe, but imho there are much better ways to get those calories.

12. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

eliminating empty calories from over processed "foods" should be beneficial to everyone.

13. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

I say EAT all you want............and work your butt off 16 hours a day.

14. LincTex

LincTex Jack of all trades?

That worked just fine a century ago!
    No reason it can't work again today ;)

15. prepperware

prepperware Active Member

Here is an update on the original posting about this diet..

So far, I've lost 20 lbs... It basically gets you to eat better quality foods, in the right portion sizes and ratio of protein, to carbs, to fat. The weekly "smoothie" day, I look forward to, because it gives your system a rest and keeps your body in a fat burning mode. It is not really a diet as much as it is a way to get back into good eating habits. If you are overweight, it is because there are too many calories in, and not enough out ( I know there are medical exceptions to this). I have 13 more lbs to reach my goal and will have dropped over 15% of my body weight. It may take another 6 months, but what has been nice is I feel better, and am not hungry. It is strange when I was eating twice the calories I was always hungry... This "diet" has been very beneficial in so many ways.

16. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

I bought the smoothie recipe book/pdf for this diet. Most of the recipes are really good. Others are too strong flavored from the peppers or other veggies.

Who doesn't love 32+ oz of yummy smoothie!

17. ksmama10

ksmama10 Well-Known Member

Ooh, this sounds good! Would be good for quick lunches too. must try this at home..

18. ksmama10

ksmama10 Well-Known Member

I was told yesterday to switch to a low carb diet, and a very cursory search for low carb recipes revealed I have very little to fear..there's plenty of good eats out there. I know Pinterest gets a bad rap in many circles, but the site is a gold mine for people looking for healthier recipes. And we can set up new boards so finding those great ideas again is simple. Cooking healthy at home shouldn't be so bad...and I still have my trusty crockpots. I can do this!

19. LincTex

LincTex Jack of all trades?

There is a local Mexican food place I need the recipe to their salsa for. I could make a smoothy from it, it is so yummy! If I could do some veggie smoothies, I would need to add some more flavor.