A diet that really works...

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by prepperware, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

"I used to have a SWJ, but he don't post no more."
    To paraphrase Lenny in Grapes of wrath.

No trolling for an hour.poor little behemoth butt is drowning his sorrows in melted
    peanut butter and chocolate ice cream.

AAGH he got me!YA OVERPOSTING SNEAK!
    Which means you know little of how much is muscle mass or the fact that I'm disabled
    sweet cheeks.now get on back to fluffing that flubber kiddo.

2. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

I somehow don't see Magus looking in the mirror asking if his butt looks big. Well, the image is kinda stuck in my head now & it's hilarious! :rofl:

3. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Nope.my butt belongs on a 20 year old guy half my weight.
    I really need to give it back, its getting wrinkled.LOL

4. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Well I'm 6' 2" an 280 lbs. Yall would say I'm obese, well, my arms be bigger in most folks legs an it ain't fat.

Yall onea them what goes by some stupid chart created by a bunch a eletist morons. Ya fit right in with em. Am I defensive to? Yup, but not fer me. I be defensive fer the folk yall like ta step on an insult.

Yall claim ta be ex military (somehow I just don't see that bein real) an ya took a oath. Part a that responsibility was ta protect the weak an innocent. Yet all yall do is tromp on people what ya don't feel equal yerself. Delt with fellers like you when I was in. They didn't seem ta last real long in our unit. Nope, ya weren't in the military er they woulda taught ya bout respect an how ta be a gentleman. Yall proven time an again ya got none a them qualities. Why don't ya just leave the good folk a this forum alone an go elsewhere an spew yer dribble. We don't need it here. Were a happy group mosta the time. More so when we don't have ta deal with people who have very little ta contribute that be worthwhile.

5. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Like I keep pointing out, he's a REMF.
    Probably got section 8 for licking the windows or something.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Back to the OP folks ...

7. OldCootHillbilly

Know of a gal who does sumtin similar ta that. Seems ta be workin good fer her.

Ifin it works fer yall, I say go fer it. Only thin bein, ifin ya got some health concerns I'd check it out with yer doc just ta make sure.

8. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

ANY major change in diet ought to be cleared with your Dr.
    Lots of people drop dead jogging.

9. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

What does jogging have to do with your diet? :p

Any way, Magus is right though. I checked with the Doc, and he said it was cool to do low carb because it combats my medical issues. Always check with your doctor!

10. OldCootHillbilly

Cause joggin be a stressfull exercise, some folks just start out doin it an don't relize they got a medical condition what could do em in with the exertion. Low carb works, but it sometimes sucks when yas see a pecan pie an know ya just ain't gonna get a piece!

11. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I'd get a piece.
    Sometimes It'd be OK,
    Sometimes I'd be sick all night.

12. OldCootHillbilly

I eat onea them, I just unscrew the cap on the insulin jug an drink it!

Best ta stick ta the diet I guess. Wonder ifin them smoothie things taste good?

13. cowboyhermit

cowboyhermit Supporting Member

There really isn't much that can go wrong with low-carb imo, as long as you still get your vitamins. Some people can get into trouble with too much protein though, and that tends to go with cutting back carbs, stay hydrated.
    I can't imagine finding a specific "diet" that would ever work for me. I look to traditional ways of eating (Weston A. Price had some interesting observations for instance but there are tons of examples) and try to integrate that with what science has to tell us today and what works for me personally as an individual. I have never cared to any significant degree what I look like, or what others look like, but I do care that they try to be HEALTHY, however that looks on them.

14. lovetogrow

lovetogrow Member

Top 10 Best Smoothie Recipes

http://berryripe.com/top-10-best-smoothie-recipe/

Man, here ya go OldCoot - I’m gonna give some of these a whirl :yummy:!

15. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

Yeah that's what happened to my husband yesterday. The dingus ate carbs and sugar yesterday when he knows he simply cannot without some kind of trouble happening with his body... and wouldn't you know it, he got incredibly sick. He had to stay at the hospital overnight because of an inflamed colon and internal blockage.

I come home from work today, and the genius is eating pizza. Pizza!? REALLY JOHN? :rant:

16. lovetogrow

lovetogrow Member

MEDICINAL QUALITIES OF BIRCH

http://herballegacy.com/Birch_Medicinal.html

"The Birch tree has been known as the Giving Tree. It played a huge roll in the existence of people and other animals throughout history. It seems that in modern day, the tree is still giving."

I introduced birch into my diet as a medicinal/daily and what a Gaawwd Send (in my case)!! Wonderful properties :2thumb:

17. OldCootHillbilly

18. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Godz I miss pizza.:cry:

19. OldCootHillbilly

I getta pizza at a local big box grocer that don't have no crust. Insteada bread crust they use cheese. Would that work fer yall? I get it cause I can eat the whole pizza fer the same carbs as a slice a regular stuff.

20. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

We buy whole wheat (low carb) tortillas and make personal pizzas on them. Just brush it lightly with olive oil, put it on a cookie sheet, add some sauce and toppings (veggies and meat) and bake. Tastes like pizza without the carbs or the bloat. We make "mexican" pizzas the same way with left over taco meat.