A brief hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jason, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Hi everybody. I'm Jason. I live on a farm, but like so many others, have to work fulltime off the farm too. My wife and I have a small son who is the fifth consecutive generation of our family to live on this property. My wife and I are interested in becoming more self sufficient and health consious and I look forward to sharing information and learning in this forum, and to getting to know you folks.

2. doc66

doc66 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

howdy neighbor :D ;)

welcome to the forum :congrat:

what type of farm do you have & how big is it?

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy the forum!

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Thanks for the welcome, folks. The "home farm" where we live has 125 acres. It's been in the family since the 1920's. When I was a toddler (late 70's) my parents bought the 88 acres adjoining this place. My folks own both places and we rent this house. My brother owns 55 acres right beside us. We milked cows up till June of 2000 and now we do some beef and hay, corn, oats, soybeans, and this year we are trying our luck with a few acres of sunflowers.

6. LittleFire

LittleFire Well-Known Member

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum. I grew up on a 4 generations dairy farm and the experiences was just something I will never forget! In the evenings, we would all sit in the parlour with my Great-Grandfather and Grandfather and listen to the trials and tribulations they encountered over the decades.