Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. (AP) - The groundhog has spoken. And it's bad news.:eek::surrender::eek:

Punxsutawney (puhnk-suh-TAW'-nee) Phil has emerged to see his shadow before chilly revelers in Pennsylvania, meaning winter will last another six weeks.

German tradition holds that if a hibernating animal sees its shadow on Feb. 2 - the Christian holiday of Candlemas - winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow is seen, legend says spring will come early.

More here ... EarthLink - Top News

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Dose anyone ever remember Phil saying anything other that 6 more weeks of winter? I have never herd anything but 6 more weeks of winter.:gaah:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
No shadow seen here ... that means spring is supposed to be real close. First time in ages that our groundhog hasn't seen its shadow in years!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I don't understand how he could have seen his shadow. It was overcast with snow flurries this morning. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't understand how he could have seen his shadow. It was overcast with snow flurries this morning. :dunno:
NO! They told a lie??? :eek::soapboxrant::club: How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would that mean spring is on the way????? ;)

Hubby said it was all the camera light that gave him a shadow;););) LOL

:woohoo: spring is on the way! :D

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
OK. I'm ready!!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
NO! They told a lie??? :eek::soapboxrant::club: How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would that mean spring is on the way????? ;)

Hubby said it was all the camera light that gave him a shadow;););) LOL

:woohoo: spring is on the way! :D
Buckeye Chuck says spring is on the way! who and where ever he or she is. Has anyone heard General Beaurigards Prediction? Some of our southern members should be checking in.:wave:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Just exactly how many groundhog day groundhogs are there? I always just thought everybody went by Punxsatawney Phil. I never knew they had a fraternity.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Just exactly how many groundhog day groundhogs are there? I always just thought everybody went by Punxsatawney Phil. I never knew they had a fraternity.
I don't know how many of those weather predicting rodents there are, but Phil is the orrigional.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts