6 more weeks of winter

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Feb 2, 2010.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pa. (AP) — The groundhog has spoken. And it's bad news.:eek::surrender::eek:

Punxsutawney (puhnk-suh-TAW'-nee) Phil has emerged to see his shadow before chilly revelers in Pennsylvania, meaning winter will last another six weeks.

German tradition holds that if a hibernating animal sees its shadow on Feb. 2 — the Christian holiday of Candlemas — winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow is seen, legend says spring will come early.

More here ... EarthLink - Top News

2. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Dose anyone ever remember Phil saying anything other that 6 more weeks of winter? I have never herd anything but 6 more weeks of winter.:gaah:

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

No shadow seen here ... that means spring is supposed to be real close. First time in ages that our groundhog hasn't seen its shadow in years!

4. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I don't understand how he could have seen his shadow. It was overcast with snow flurries this morning. :dunno:

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

NO! They told a lie??? :eek::soapboxrant::club: How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So would that mean spring is on the way????? ;)

Hubby said it was all the camera light that gave him a shadow;););) LOL

:woohoo: spring is on the way! :D

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

OK. I'm ready!!!! :woohoo:

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Buckeye Chuck says spring is on the way! who and where ever he or she is. Has anyone heard General Beaurigards Prediction? Some of our southern members should be checking in.:wave:

8. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Some one ought to tell that rodent he didn't see nothing.

9. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Just exactly how many groundhog day groundhogs are there? I always just thought everybody went by Punxsatawney Phil. I never knew they had a fraternity.

10. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I don't know how many of those weather predicting rodents there are, but Phil is the orrigional.