50 Things Every American Should Know About The Collapse Of The Economy

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by IrritatedWithUS, May 24, 2011.

1. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

If we calculated unemployment and inflation the same way we did back during the Carter administration, then the Misery Index today would be higher than at any point during the presidency of Jimmy Carter, according to John Williams of Shadow Government Statistics

An average of about 5 million Americans were being hired every single month during 2006, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Today, an average of about 3.5 million Americans are being hired every single month

here are 5.5 million Americans that are currently unemployed and yet are not receiving unemployment benefits, according to the Wall Street Journal

All over America, state and local governments are selling off buildings just to pay the bills. Investors can now buy up government-owned power plants, prisons and municipal buildings from coast to coast. For example, the mayor of Newark, New Jersey recently sold off 16 government buildings (including the police and fire headquarters) just to pay some bills

State and local government debt has reached an all-time high of 22 percent of U.S. GDP

If you can believe it, one out of every seven Americans has at least 10 credit cards

Credit card usage in the United States is on the increase once again. During the month of March, revolving consumer credit jumped 2.9%

Last year, Social Security ran a deficit for the first time since 1983, and the "Social Security deficits" in future years are projected to be absolutely horrific

The U.S. government now says that the Medicare trust fund will run out five years faster than they were projecting just last year

The Mississippi River flooding could do $2 billion in damage to farmland alone, according to a Mississippi State University economist

The number of "low income jobs" in the U.S. has risen steadily over the past 30 years and they now account for 41 percent of all jobs in the United States

All over America, hospitals that care for the poor and needy are so overwhelmed and are so broke that they are being forced to shut down

The U.S. dollar is in such bad shape that now even Steve Forbes is predicting that the U.S. is "likely" to go back to a gold standard within the next five years

An item that cost $20.00 in 1970 would cost you $115.93 today. An item that cost $20.00 in 1913 would cost you $454.36 today

Over the past 12 months the average price of gasoline in the United States has gone up by about 30%

U.S. oil companies will bring in about $200 billion in pre-tax profits this year. They will also receive about $4.4 billion in specialized tax breaks from the U.S. government

There are minerals worth over a trillion dollars under the ground in Afghanistan, according to the Pentagon. Now, J.P. Morgan is starting to tap those riches with the help of the U.S. military

J.P. Morgan is actually the largest processor of food stamp benefits in the United States. In fact, the more Americans that go on food stamps the more money that J.P. Morgan makes

There are over 44 million people on food stamps, and one out of every four American children is on food stamps

READ ALL 50 HERE: 50 Things Every American Should Know About The Collapse Of The Economy

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Things don't sound so good. We definitely need to keep prepping and prepping. Every time I think I'm tired of planting so much garden, things like this remind me to keep doing it. I'm turning into a packrat because I figure anything we have could become useful again, fixed up or redone for another use.

This kind of financial state is clearly heading our country for hard times (like they're not already here?) and/or collapse.

3. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

let's hope they don't sell the country out from under us before tshtf.

4. faithmarie

faithmarie mamoo

Thanks for the link..... I like stuff like this.

5. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

I'm with you Gypsysue. We keep planting and preserving foods. We have gas and butane stored. We never pass up anything that is free. Someone says 'would you like to have this" doesn't matter what from old bricks, boards, old tools, canning jars we say of course we would. I guess I am a pack rat also. What we accumulate and don't need goes into our yearly Yard Sale and that money is used for our charity work. Nothing is wasted.

6. StrayDog

StrayDog ExCommunicated

They already have. Do you speak Chinese?