.380 ammo?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Magus, May 15, 2009.

1. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

There's not a box to be had in North Georgia,any ideas other than reloading?

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

3. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

.380 is expensive up here. Mostly because the guns that fire it are prohibited so there aren't too many shooters that use it.

I've have not heard of anyone up here reloading .380.

4. dukman

dukman Greenhorn

In today's turmoil, that actually isn't that bad of a deal. It is impossible to find any .380 around here. When Wal-Mart gets in the 100 pack WWB, it is $32, which works out to $160/500. But I have only seen maybe 10 of those boxes go through the register in 4 months :eek:

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Haven't seen 380 in our area for months. A friend of ours from Maine stopped in yesterday and I asked him if the situation was any different there. He didn't know what I was talking about. (apparently he hasn't tried to buy for awhile. ) He told me to "check out CheaperThanDirt. they have plenty. So I pulled it up on the computer to show him. He just couldn't believe what he saw, page after page of "out of stock - no back orders".

6. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I gave up looking online weeks ago,the shotgun news is likewise dry,at least some
    7.62X39 and .308 is dribbleing in at insane prices.

7. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

Even if you are a handloader the componenets can be hard to come by, primers seem to be the rariest followed by bullets and then powder. If you don't already have reloading dies, even they may not be available. I bought a bullet mould and bullet luber/sizer from Lee Precisions Factory Sales, the mould took 9 weeks to arrive and the sizer took 3 months. In talking with a rep for Lee he told me that for every 200 reloading presses manufactured there are 2000 orders. When one looks at what the so called leadership is doing to this country this incredible demand for ammo, weapons and even holsters is understandable. Even the CCW license holders here in Oregon have increased tremendously, with many people adding the Utah CC which gives a total of 40 states covered.

8. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Give it another six months and I think the panic will die down. I'm looking forward to it. All these people buying guns and six months, a year they will be looking to sell most likely if the economy doesn't improve a lot.

9. josh302

josh302 Member

I bought some at a local gun show, 40.00 per box of 50.

10. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I think I'll put the original barell back in my Makarov and shoot the 9X18,there's plenty of that junk.

11. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

A stroke of luck ! Went to Wmart with DW on Sat. While she was getting her stuff I walked back to sporting goods just to have a look. They had just got a small shipment of ammo and were putting it on the shelves. They had 1 case of 8- 100 rd. boxes at $32 a box. The limit is 6 boxes per person per day. I got 4, went to find DW and have her get the other 4. In the 5 minutes it took me to find her and get her back to sporting, they were gone. :eek: Guess I should have taken my limit while I was there. :(

12. Viking

Viking Well-Known Member

I've heard of up to 50 people waiting outside of one of the stores that gets it's ammo shipment on Tuesday and when the doors open they all run back to the sporting goods and all but wipe it out. I haven't seen 40 S&W ammo for better than a month, there was a time not too long ago that when most of the shelves were empty there always seemed to be some of the 40 S&W still there. I believe that some is bought just to resale at a premium, bad deal.

13. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

My local gun store has limits on the quantity they will sell you. however, they have pretty good stock of the common stuff. People are still having a hard time getting primers etc.

14. Fn/Form

Fn/Form Function over Form

Same here, I saw several 100rd boxes of .380, 9mm, .40 at wong-mart.