31 US, and 7 Afghan Troops KIA in Afghanistan: worst numbers in a LONG time!

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by WinTheMindWinTheDay, Aug 6, 2011.

1. WinTheMindWinTheDay

WinTheMindWinTheDay Active Member

2. RevWC

RevWC The Future?

God Bless...

3. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

May they rest in peace,but may we not rest in peace until they are all home.
    Of course its easy to vote and send them there than it is to bring them back home.
    I wonder how many here voted for these traitors,I know I did[Bush] hoping for lessor evil,still got evil and no lessor.Last one I wrote in candidate,Tancredo.Liked Alan keyes until I found out he was an ambassador.Reagan said" Alan Keyes was the most conservative person he ever met."

4. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

My wife read online that a bunch of those killed were from the SEAL team that killed Osama. Not to trivialize any military deaths, but this is a huge blow; it is really hard to replace people of the skill level and training.

5. Meerkat

Seal Team Six,not the actual ones who killed Obama,but of the same unit or team.
    Either way 31 of some of our best trained men.

6. Meerkat

How ironic,on the first week of Ramadon and Obombs birthday.

Why so many seals in one heli? What kind of commander would risk so many all together and especially put them in the equivilent to a slow moving blimp,compared to most fast helis?
    Questions ask by many.

Bring em home.
    :mad:

7. WinTheMindWinTheDay

:gaah: Seriously? :nuts:

One bird for a raid on the bad guys' compound equals less command and control needed for maneuvering, less moving targets for the Talibs, less high value equipment to destroy as well. Close air support, etc. on standby to support the raid mitigates risk of high skillset individuals needed for that nature of mission.

There is no irony to this...AT ALL. If you really are watching the death toll, you will see that Special Operations, and conventional military members die at a steady rate. This only got news because reporters clumped in the fact that some members of this SEAL team took out Osama Bin Laden. That's it. Open your eyes, and do some fact finding before you start playing the "irony" card.

Also, get informed please before you start throwing around the "incapability" of a CH-47. The Chinook happens to be one of, if not THEE fastest helicopter, to include the gunships, in the US military's inventory. It is also extremely quiet. When it flies "map of the earth," just above the tree tops, and at full speed, one gets about 5 seconds to get a good look at it if it flies overhead, and then it is gone.

Research things before you throw around that sort of insult to one of the oldest, but best helicopters in our arsenal, as well as the reasons behind risking high value individuals, and what was at stake when things went down.

It seems a lot of people here are all about playing "Let's blame Obama" when this kind of thing happens, but you aren't boots on the ground, so I wouldn't venture into that subject if you don't even know the basics of a CH-47 Chinook. I am only 23, but I have learned that if I know little to nothing about a subject, I don't pass judgment even if I know for a fact that things are most likely wrong. I get as best informed as I can before I make that bold of a statement.

:gaah:

8. Meerkat

Sorry if I upset you,but its tiem for the lie about the war to end.More death of good young men like you needs to stop.

The shinook in viet nam was used for moving cargo more than trops,but they did upgrade it several years ago.
    If the Chinook is so troop friendly though don't you wonder why they used 2 Black Hawks to go in and kill Bin Laden?:scratch. There were chinooks involved but not to transport for Seals.
    Why are so many of our Seals and special ops on board with Afgan troops?
    Who do the commamders keep sendign out flyers to warn the 'civilians'about them being on the way to kill the enemy?
    I'm on your side.I don't care aout the warmongers in this trilion dollar war game.

9. WinTheMindWinTheDay

I am sorry as well. I didn't want to sound harsh...I am just tired of people thinking that the Commander in Chief is the sole reason behind military fiascoes, combat losses, and mistakes; along with a dozen other things. He is just one man.

First Question: So the Afghans will know how to put up with the Muslim extremist bullcrap when we leave. If they fall back on their old ways, that would be their fault, and they will be a failed state. We would have done our jobs of properly training them to ensure they can combat the Taliban exploiting the civilians of Afghanistan to move freely.

Second: That's an easy one. That's to eliminate, or greatly reduce the risk of civilian casualties, and civilian interference during an operation. It also informs them on who exactly the bad guys are...to a NAME and FACE...and WHY they are a bad guy. It also puts a good face on we, the Coalition Forces who sometimes appear just as bad as the bad guys. We are informing them, and in a way keeping them safe from harm from either side which pays off dividends to better a region when we would need their cooperation. Another is the hope that the enemy himself sees these products, and gets intimidated, and either quits while he is ahead, or moves, exposing himself to observation from locals and military, which can get him killed...eliminated...no more bad guy. There are tons of different facets to this subject that greatly reduce innocents dying, and it can even facilitate being able to eliminate a bad guy, or get him to stop being a bad guy without a shot even being fired, but in short: it's necessary to accomplish our goals. It is PSYOP.

There's more to the dollar signs in this war. Differences are actually being made in these countries, and when we leave, having given these people all the tools we could to better themselves, and they fall back on their old ways, that will not be our fault. However, I have faith in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are a lot of patriots here that want the madness to stop. There are also many people that have seen the bonuses of higher living standards, medicine, and education, and wish to have it as well.

10. Meerkat

I understand ,so don't worry about it.I hope and pray yall come home and this is over soon.:wave:
    Everytime I hear another one of our troops is killed under these ROE it makes me cry in sadness and frustration.
    On a better note,when my son was overthere and I sent him a can of 'Glory 'seasoned collards he said they offered him $10 bucks for it.I could'nt send the cornbred with it of course,but they missed their southern greens.Of course the jerky was even more popular.They all liked chap stick and lotion too to fight the sand and sun and wind burns,especially the ladies.