Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://mentertained.com/25-jaw-dro...n=facebook+old+tractor&utm_medium=old+tractor

25 Jaw-Dropping Old Tractors We'd Love To Own

1938 Minneapolis Moline UDLX

CLICK LINK TO SEE ALL OF THEM

What you are looking at is the first ever luxury tractor featuring an enclosed cab, dubbed at the time as the Comfortractor. Today, this 1938 Minneapolis Moline UDLX tractor will rain somewhere around $150,000 at auction. However, at the time, they were being sold for $2,200. The problem is this: People weren't buying the tractors. Typical tractors sold for somewhere around $800 that year. Spending more than twice that amount for luxury features such as a cigar lighter, radio, passenger seating, dome lighting and a sun visor seemed a little over-the-top. Plus, the tractor was outfitted much more like a vehicle, reaching a top speed of 40 mph with its five speed manual transmission. You could plow the field by day and drive it around town at night if you wanted. I would not recommend doing that for a first date though. It could be awkward. However today, they are a thing of beauty. This is one classic tractor that is here to stay.

Attachments

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Those are so awesome.
I love old tractors.

I did see one of these , years ago, only one.

My grandpa was a Oliver fan, I cant remember the models he used to farm.

Oliver 77 Orchard.
oliver.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I would love to have that 1938 Minneapolis Moline UDLX just to drive around town!

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Every year in our fair parade there is a group of antique tractors. I have some pictures somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts