1984: Poisoning the Well

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by IrritatedWithUS, Jun 3, 2011.

1. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Scientists Make Edible RFID Chips Inject-able Into Food

(NaturalNews) It will monitor your calorie intake, show from where your food was sourced, and even let you know when the food in your fridge is about to go bad -- these are some of the enticing claims made by the developers of a new system that embeds edible radio frequency identification (RFID) chips directly into food. Its creators insist the technology will revolutionize the way humans eat for the better, but critical-thinking onlookers will recognize the ploy as just another way to track and control human behavior.

Developed by Hannes Harms from the Royal College of Art in London, the "NutriSmart" system is based on the idea that RFID wafers injected directly into food can help better track the food supply chain, further automate the supermarket shopping experience, and simplify the eating experience by programming data into food so that humans essentially do not have to think about what they are
    doing.

The technology makes both eating and dealing with food in general mindless, as a person simply needs to plop an RFID-embedded food item onto a special RFID-laced plate, which then tells the person all about the item and how much of it to eat. RFID ovens and microwaves also eliminate having to think about how long to cook an RFID food item -- simply put it in the RFID microwave, oven, or toaster, and the machine will know exactly how long to cook the item.

As interesting and novel as this might sound, such technology is actually quite frightening when taken to its logical ends. NaturalNews previously warned that mad scientists have already developed edible RFID tags for use in pharmaceutical drugs (http://www.naturalnews.com/028663_h...). These tags, of course, can and will likely be used to monitor patients' compliance with doctors orders, and alert authorities if a patient refuses to take certain pills as prescribed.

And if such technology also ends up in food, it is safe to assume that evil powers will seek to control the food supply with it, as well as monitor the types of food people eat. In other words, if authorities one day decide that vitamin and mineral supplements are off limits, which is what is currently happening in Europe (http://www.naturalnews.com/032389_h...), it is plausible that RFID technology can assess illegal intake of such nutrients, and immediately send this data to the appropriate enforcement agencies.

This 1984-esque scenario appears to be more than just science fiction -- it is unfolding before our eyes just a little bit more every single day. And the NutriSmart system is just another piece of evidence that those in power wish to micromanage every single aspect of our lives, from the drugs we take to the foods we eat.

Sources for this story include:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-05...

Learn more: Scientists push to implement edible RFID tracking chips in food

My first thought about this was: "How are they going to track this? The range will be short" but then I thought again "why are they going to put in unreadable chips into food?" So I'm assuming this can be tracked now. Seems all very strange but hell. Sounds scary.

Time to make the garden bigger...and start eating rabbit and squirrel...LOL

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

They keep goin an get there way, that garden gonna be illegal to.

Danged world needs the reset button hit I figure.

3. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Already is in some places.

reset button and "cheat" codes.LOL

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

My hubby called bull on this ... he sells RFID Chips :eek: in his line of work ... Right now the "price" of a tag (RFID Chips) is unreal and the 'tag' is dumb, it needs a human and such to put the info on it. Then some one with a reader to read it. (again the price ;))

Can some mad Scientists be working on this technology ... yes ... but right now, it is not there. (per my hubby)

Can a tag be tracked ... Yes ... but the person reading that tag must have a scaner for that tag and right now ... you need to be in a 'range' one foot or so...

Even today with a lost dog that has a chip ... if you do not have "the reader for that tag" ...you will get nothing ...

Agian this is what my hubby said ... and he has not failed me yet. ;)

5. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

Sounds yummy, and expensive!

My first thought when reading this was the picture at the National Zoo of the seals stomach full of pennies people throw in the tank to stop them from doing it. Imagine a human stomach full of RFID tags.
    Lets all hope Andi's husband is right. Especially for Andi. :)

6. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

O-o-o-p-s!...

...then an EMP burst! :eek: What happens to the tags...:confused:and your stomach! :gaah:

7. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I'm glad I was sitting down when I read that news story! I was sure shaking y head. I know there are scientists somewhere working on that kind of thing and they dream of the world including that technology in every-day life...but I agree with andi (and her husband), it's a long way off.

That's no reason to be caught sleeping, though, when these things start being implemented. We need to be aware and watchful.

Tell you what, if nothing else, that information made me want to go out to my garden and see what else I can cram in it this year! :D

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

You don't have to worry about me ... :)

9. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

:D Andi!

On another gaming forum I am on (I am a 40 year old child) we have issues with the g and Y! bots constantly, so much so that we have had to make the signup process so hard its almost impossible and most people cant read the hidden word to put in to prove youre not a bot. But weve never had any from our beloved N Ike overlords.

10. teotwaki

teotwaki Firearms Forum Moderator

I would agree that the cost of the tags and incompatibility with various readers is a current issue,but not insurmountable. The OBD-II connector in your car is a good example of standardization driving down costs. That connector and the standards were mandated by the Feds if I recall correctly. What is to stop them from doing the same to the food producers as they did to the auto industry?

11. teotwaki

teotwaki Firearms Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2011
  12. questor

questor Well-Known Member

all I want (for now) is to have the chargers for cell phones and such gadgets
    standardized.;)