I agree, however it could happenI think Mother Nature and Human Nature will trim the population DRASTICALLY long before we reach that large of a world population.
Drought, floods, earthquakes, dwindling resources forcing countries into conflicts (war) with ever more sophisticated weaponry reaching new heights of destruction, will encroach upon every continent and person!
China has the right idea concerning population control, but population control only works if it is being practiced on every continent and in every country. 3rd world population expansion is now threatening every country that does practice various forms of population control. That is a part of the economic, social, and political problems that we are ignoring now.
LOL, I agree! My 4 were blessings! But, 18 is a lot! But, if you can take care of them, I guess go for it. I will be stopping at 4, lol.I don't agree with a rule about how many kids you should be allowed to have, although I find it quite rediculous to be having 14-18 kids! Like that show 18 Kids and Counting.....please, stop counting!
While this sounds great in theory, the "one child policy" doesn't necessarily reflect what is actually going on in China.We can't keep expanding the populations of the world forever. I'll give the Chinese one thing. Their "one child per family" rule is helping to postpone the inevitable overpopulation of the planet.
I just looked at that site:Well...
According to the Georgia Guidestones, it calls for an 85% population reduction from current levels.
The Message of the Georgia Guidestones
I love folks who support Eugenics. You'll volunteer to help reduce the 'surplus' population starting with yourself, right?
Otherwise, it's just hypocrisy.
All that I see from that list is a "utopian" society which is impossible given the nature of people ... my answer to those 10 points ..GeorgiaGuideStones said:1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.