Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We can't keep expanding the populations of the world forever. I'll give the Chinese one thing. Their "one child per family" rule is helping to postpone the inevitable overpopulation of the planet.

Perhaps a viral plague will wipe out most of the world's population and the survivors will get to start over.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think Mother Nature and Human Nature will trim the population DRASTICALLY long before we reach that large of a world population.

Drought, floods, earthquakes, dwindling resources forcing countries into conflicts (war) with ever more sophisticated weaponry reaching new heights of destruction, will encroach upon every continent and person!

China has the right idea concerning population control, but population control only works if it is being practiced on every continent and in every country. 3rd world population expansion is now threatening every country that does practice various forms of population control. That is a part of the economic, social, and political problems that we are ignoring now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't agree with a rule about how many kids you should be allowed to have, although I find it quite rediculous to be having 14-18 kids! Like that show 18 Kids and Counting.....please, stop counting!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think Mother Nature and Human Nature will trim the population DRASTICALLY long before we reach that large of a world population.

Drought, floods, earthquakes, dwindling resources forcing countries into conflicts (war) with ever more sophisticated weaponry reaching new heights of destruction, will encroach upon every continent and person!

China has the right idea concerning population control, but population control only works if it is being practiced on every continent and in every country. 3rd world population expansion is now threatening every country that does practice various forms of population control. That is a part of the economic, social, and political problems that we are ignoring now.
I agree, however it could happen:confused:

·
Mom of 4
47 Posts
I don't agree with a rule about how many kids you should be allowed to have, although I find it quite rediculous to be having 14-18 kids! Like that show 18 Kids and Counting.....please, stop counting!
LOL, I agree! My 4 were blessings! But, 18 is a lot! But, if you can take care of them, I guess go for it. I will be stopping at 4, lol.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We can't keep expanding the populations of the world forever. I'll give the Chinese one thing. Their "one child per family" rule is helping to postpone the inevitable overpopulation of the planet.
While this sounds great in theory, the "one child policy" doesn't necessarily reflect what is actually going on in China.
We have been going to a small, out of the way, Chinese buffet almost every Fri. night for about 2 years and have gotten to know the daughter of the owner. She will be 20 next month. Her father and 2 brothers, 1 older ( who is now in the US army in NC. ) and 1 younger, came here 11 years ago. About 3 months ago they had saved up enough money to pay their fines and, in essence, buy her mothers freedom and bring her to America. It cost them about $10,000 for fee's and transportation expense to get her here and another $10,000 in fines for having more than 1 child. They actually had 4 but 1 died as a baby. The fines vary widely but are mostly based on the family income. They are from a mid-sized city of about 50,000 in a southeast province where she says life is similar to any city of that size in the US.
While most people there believe it is a good idea, compliance doesn't reflect that as most of the people her family stay in touch with have at least 2. They just pay the fines.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lot of discussion on global warming, swine flu, peak oil, and so on.

None of those would exist were it not for the population bomb.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Send condoms to China!!!
I'm pretty certain that the 'population explosions' are actually happening in South America, The Middle East, and India.

of course, TODAY they announced 'The Pandemic'... just HOW bad of a person does it make me for crossing my fingers? :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I'm pretty certain that the 'population explosions' are actually happening in South America, The Middle East, and India.

of course, TODAY they announced 'The Pandemic'... just HOW bad of a person does it make me for crossing my fingers? :eek: :rolleyes: ;)
Very bad ... :p

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well...

According to the Georgia Guidestones, it calls for an 85% population reduction from current levels.

The Message of the Georgia Guidestones

Any volunteers? ;)

I love folks who support Eugenics. You'll volunteer to help reduce the 'surplus' population starting with yourself, right? :D

Otherwise, it's just hypocrisy.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Well...

According to the Georgia Guidestones, it calls for an 85% population reduction from current levels.

The Message of the Georgia Guidestones

Any volunteers? ;)

I love folks who support Eugenics. You'll volunteer to help reduce the 'surplus' population starting with yourself, right? :D

Otherwise, it's just hypocrisy.
I just looked at that site:

GeorgiaGuideStones said:
1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.
All that I see from that list is a "utopian" society which is impossible given the nature of people ... my answer to those 10 points ..

#1 - impossible
#2 - China is trying that - and - failing
#3 - English is the "unified" language being spoken primarily in tha majority of countries
#4 - Huh?? What is that supposed to mean?
#5 - Fair laws? When criminals don't play fair, why should we play fair with them?
#6 - Tried that - dictators destroy their countries, then, the people of that country ask for help to get things back on track again
#7 - All laws are petty - all officials are useless
#8 - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you - and it still doesn't work because of the petty laws and useless officials
#9 - Sounds good - so - when chickie becomes ugly - what do we do with her?
#10 - I think I read an echo there ..

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
Lots of open space here and in Texas to grow but I agree. I think Mother Nature will weed the population when it becomes too much.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
The wife and I have one child- a son. We've decided that he's all we want. This is mostly due to our own personal financial reasons, but the thought also crossed our minds about the population explosion. How many people do we really need to bring into the world?

Our son is the best thing that ever happened to us, but one is plenty. He has cousins very near (within a mile) to play with and our friends have kids near in age to him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts