• Good looks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hunter / Fisher

• Good truck

• Good gun / marksmanship

• Older age (already have enough children)

• Good BOL already setup

• Good in the kitchen (canning / baking / cooking / etc)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to get things stirred up a bit, how would you answer the poll and why would you pick that choice

·
Woodchuck
3,347 Posts
I chose other. If I had to pick one main trait it would have to be someone I got along with, regardless of job, looks or skil….well… skills are needed to so scratch that. And a truck, as long as she can drive stick. Good job too, so I can retire. Good looker… hrmmm.. as long as she ain’t too good looking so I don’t have to worry about other guys dogging her all over. Fishing, yeah that would be a biggie too, check next to must fish or she might not see me much. I already have some nice firearms so as long as she can already shoot or isn’t afraid to try. Young, nope. She would KILL me if we ever did try for children. I remember what the young gals were like from days past and no way could I keep up that pace anymore. Older, yup, smarter too that way. How about really old and really rich, that gets a check. The BOL would be a plus so we could have two. Kitchen skills YES!!! I can satisfy my needs but skills making things taste good would be great.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Strength of Character enough to put up with MY crap.

Good looking enough to turn me on, and that's IT, anything 'extra' is TROUBLE! :eek:vract:

·
Texas!!!
1,529 Posts
I chose "Other" because to me compatibility is the most important quality. I gotta have someone who at least tolerates my religious beliefs and someone who is heading in the same direction politically. It would be great to find someone who likes to hunt but it is not a deal breaker. No smoking. The kind of day to day stuff that makes two people "click".

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Its impossible to pick the one most important trait in my opinion. Its the sum of all traits and how they play off your own that make it interesting. I have to say I am a sucker for a mischeivous glint in the eye and a wicked smile. Other than that just being laid back enough to put up with me and a slightly inappropriate sense of humor. Would like a girl into prepping. Would make my life easier and keep me motivated.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll throw my own little bit in now ..

Picking just one trait only, not a combination of traits, I went with someone younger than myself due to the fact that I want to raise a family. If someone was older than myself, it would be fairly difficult to get her pregnant because I am already an "old man" ...

The other "nice-to-have's" are simple ... non-smoker, healthy / outdoorsy type who can hike all day and help setup camp, has no problems with fishing / hunting / gutting / butchering, meat-eater (no vegans for me - they taste funny!) ...

I don't care if she can or cannot cook as I am a great cook and I prefer to be in the kitchen cooking / baking and hand-washing all my dishes (I hate mechanical dishwashers - they never do a good job) ...

·
803 Posts
I picked other because there is no one thing for me.

First off, I would want someone who is honest and forthright. I had two marriages end with her not being honest with me. I’m sure I had a lot to do with it, but I never lied. That is in fact for me the #1 thing.

At this point in my life, I don’t look much for folks who are attractive, hell I’m an old goat. Compatibility through thick and thin and able to work through things is what is important to me.

Sure it would be nice if she loved to hunt and fish and do the outdoor thing, but it’s also a good thing to be able to stop that business for an evening of dressing up a bit, dancing and a nice shared meal with good conversation. IMHO you have to have a break from time to time from your everyday routine.

Crap, did I rattle on...:eek:

Jimmy

·
Registered
91 Posts
all the above

Would it be to much to ask if all of the above are important...lol Actually, he doesn't have to be an expert in all of it, but someone with an open mind to learn new things, and a desire to prep in order to keep him and his family safe, and a must is that he wants children. ;)

·
503 Posts
For me a woman who has the same goals as I do and that I can get along with is #1. Of course their has to be some physical attraction or a relationship won't work.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd have to say other as well n for a lot of the reasons already mentioned... compatibility ...trust...mutual respect..courage...sense of adventure...positive mindset..love of critters...sense of ethics n morals ...some physical attraction is helpful but it really is only skin deep. Prepper n survivalist mentality n skills a must...it just doesn't work when I've dating some guy n my mindset n skills are more manely than his...I want a Manley man's man...not a guy scared of lighting a campfire...most guys on here seem married or 3000 miles away..boo! :(

·
Uber Newbie
3,154 Posts
I'm in the "other" camp as well. For me it's got nothing to do with attaching myself to her to better my situation, and I think she'd feel the same way. It's more about being a team.

I'd rather meet eye to eye than try to convince someone they are wrong or that they don't look at the bigger picture. the irony is the heart leads in all kinds of places, and sometimes its just that way, eventually it doesn't work out.

I want kids but I dont have objections to her already having kids, that's almost a given at 40ish. I respect differing religious views but I do not impose mine.

I respect principles and values, I think they have to be tempered with an open mind to hear out other opinions.

I enjoy shooting sports a lot, and that has been a big problem with relationships living in kommiefornia.

I'm looking for someone who feels the same, that wants more than cookie cutter plastic people that we come across all day long in CA.

That puts me in the other category!

·
1,920 Posts
hehe... lots of 'other' here. go figure, we are all of us outside the 'norm'.

if it was just 'has a job' i would have picked that. I'm looking for a woman who is fully capable of supporting herself. I find strong willed and capable women very attractive. Also honesty is very important. And yeah, you need to find your partner physically attractive, i think we are kidding ourselves when we say it doesnt matter. I dont see how you can honestly be 'into' someone if you dont find them attractive in some way. And lastly, did i mention HONESTY?

·
803 Posts
Interesting because most men seem to find a capable woman threatening.
Not for me. That is what I like in "my woman". I want her to be her own person, just let me in too....

That is what I have found hard for capable women to do....:dunno:

Jimmy

·
Texan
5,950 Posts
I picked other, honesty and fidelity are what I would look for most. After spending 15 years with someone who lacked those qualities, they have a strong appeal.

Common sense is given by God, skills can be learned, honesty cant and "You Cant Fix Stupid", anything else I could work with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts