You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Recipe Share >

Whats for dinner?....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #441
AmishHeart

Liked 2101 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 1904

AmishHeart is on a distinguished road

Have done most meats in a dutch oven, and a lot of times I start with a few slices of bacon at the bottom of the pot. With chicken, I like to add some liquid, some rice, chopped tomatoes, and chopped green chili. Yum. The weather needs to start warming up so I can cook outside again. Not much for barbequing, my husband does that. I used dutch ovens.
Husband is on the Atkins diet this week, so dinner tonight is: beef roast I did in the crock pot with salt, garlic, onion, butter. Also a green salad with lots of stuff in it, beets, garbanzo beans; cauliflower steamed with cheese sauce, and a zucchini bake with tomato sauce and cheese. Just got home from work, so thankful the meat and salad are made.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2017, 11:34 PM   #442
readytogo
readytogo

Liked 2748 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 733

readytogo is on a distinguished road
Default Wild game and wild fish............

So I decided on fish and they wanted chicken one wanted leftover pasta, what a mess. I had the fish in buttermilk for 12 hours and the Cornish hen was marinade on soy sauce, the fish was coated with plain flour and deep fried ,its moist and tender ,the hen was roasted and basted with honey but you can used orange marmalade and a marinade of sour orange juice or a spicy oriental sauce like Korean BBQ, need something strong to take away the gamy taste.
DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply