You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Recipe Share >

Whats for dinner?....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 07:56 PM   #381
bugoutbob
Work in progress

Location: an hour and a half drive to the nearest major metropolitan center and its not much. Six hours from teh closest big city., British Columbia
Liked 756 Times on 260 Posts
Likes Given: 495

bugoutbob is on a distinguished road

Beef stew with fresh made baking powder biscuits

“Why should we look to the past in order to prepare for the future? Because there is nowhere else to look.” ... unknown

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #382
readytogo
readytogo

Liked 2522 Times on 1173 Posts
Likes Given: 649

readytogo is on a distinguished road

My new neighbor who lived in Spain for 3 years ,he`s Cuban ,he came to stay here, he loves bread ,and now his daughter who also lived in Spain moved here with her Spanish husband ,hell my neighborhood is getting crowded ,but anyway we always talk about food and how much they miss the Spanish type cooking and since today I had to baked cornbread because we are having chicken chili today I decided to make them a nice big loaf of Italian bread ,I cry when I took it over because I just loved bread but the oven is on again for another corn bread ,got hungry folks ,they couldn't wait for the bread to cool off so they made some sandwiches and they are in hog heaven ,I told them to saved some for the father but I think everybody knows about bread out of the oven never makes it to the table, right ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017, 10:30 PM   #383
AmishHeart

Liked 1632 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1346

AmishHeart is on a distinguished road

Since I cooked and deboned and made tons of broth from 9 whole chickens yesterday, tonight we are having chicken pot pie. The crust was a little challenging to fit a 9 x 12 pan, but it does look pretty. I also made a smaller pie pan sized vegetarian pot pie for youngest daughter. Made the gravy using butter, flour, vegetable broth, garlic, salt and pepper, for the vegetarian version. Added lots of spinach along with the vegetable assortment I used in the big one. Our grown kids and their plus ones all come over for Sunday night dinner. We'll have some fresh bread, green salad, cantaloupe, and some peanut butter cookies granddaughter and I made.

Quick Reply