You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Recipe Share >

Whats for dinner?....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 12:50 AM   #371
readytogo
readytogo

Liked 3290 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 829

readytogo is on a distinguished road

Thanks DrDianaEnderson for bringing back some memories, haven’t made SOS in some time, but will soon do. Today we all wanted Chinese but with all the rain I didn’t feel like driving so.
One chicken breast, frozen mix vegetables(broccoli,carots,cauliflowerpppers),, 3 cups of jasmine rice, cooked, 1 cup of hot& sour broth with 1 teasp of cornstarch,3 garlic cloves, 1 onion, 1 tbsp of grated ginger, black pepper to taste soy sauce and 1 teasp sugar.
A little sesame oil in the wok and just stir fry the aromatics and chicken, stir in vegetables, mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar add to wok and cook till sauce thickens ,taste for desired sweetness/sourness or spiciness .This is a quick healthy meal that actually fed 4 hungry adults

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 AM   #372
AmishHeart

Liked 2972 Times on 794 Posts
Likes Given: 2629

AmishHeart is on a distinguished road

Make your own taco salad fixings tonight.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 AM   #373
hashbrown
Peckerwood

Liked 4279 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 2461

hashbrown is on a distinguished road

A few nights ago we did a reverse seared tri tip, marrow bones, baked potatoes, corn on the cob and sautéed red peppers. Cooked on an open fire and served on White Oak slabs we sawed out while cutting firewood that dayImageUploadedBySurvival Forum1483698054.714794.jpgImageUploadedBySurvival Forum1483698083.619424.jpgImageUploadedBySurvival Forum1483698108.830216.jpgImageUploadedBySurvival Forum1483698135.217709.jpg

People Like This 
Old 01-06-2017, 07:44 PM   #374
readytogo
readytogo

Thanks to DrDianaEnderson because I`m having SOS ,biscuits ,boil coffee , eggs and for desert a big chunk of apple pie and the hell with the rest ,oh and hashbrown haven`t had bone marrow in a very long time, my dear grandmother used to roast them to make consume ,I salt and roast chicken or pork bones for a nice Vietnamese Chicken Soup ( Pho ). I got to find a way to delete you guys from the forum.

People Like This 
Old 01-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #375
hashbrown
Peckerwood

Liked 4279 Times on 852 Posts
Likes Given: 2461

hashbrown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogo View Post
Thanks to DrDianaEnderson because I`m having SOS ,biscuits ,boil coffee , eggs and for desert a big chunk of apple pie and the hell with the rest ,oh and hashbrown haven`t had bone marrow in a very long time, my dear grandmother used to roast them to make consume ,I salt and roast chicken or pork bones for a nice Vietnamese Chicken Soup ( Pho ). I got to find a way to delete you guys from the forum.
I have fallen in love with the marrow lately! I hadn't had it since i was a kid and didn't care for it much then! Day before yesterday the boy and I were out grocery shopping and he came running up with the prettiest little frenched pork rib roast and asked me if i'd cook it for him if he bought it. He pulled the 6 bucks out of his pocket which I refused but it did my heart good to see his passion for food. I brought it home a smoked it over wild cherry it was really a nice cut for $6. I don't know if you're like us we rarely have a recipe we just cook by taste but Ive was wanted to try my hand at the Pho. If you could share the basics sometime it would be much appreciated.
File Type: jpg fpr1.jpg (28.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg fpr2.jpg (37.8 KB, 38 views)
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 PM   #376
readytogo
readytogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
I have fallen in love with the marrow lately! I hadn't had it since i was a kid and didn't care for it much then! Day before yesterday the boy and I were out grocery shopping and he came running up with the prettiest little frenched pork rib roast and asked me if i'd cook it for him if he bought it. He pulled the 6 bucks out of his pocket which I refused but it did my heart good to see his passion for food. I brought it home a smoked it over wild cherry it was really a nice cut for $6. I don't know if you're like us we rarely have a recipe we just cook by taste but Ive was wanted to try my hand at the Pho. If you could share the basics sometime it would be much appreciated.
You have a great kid there ,and a good way to start him is with the history of food ,our American history is enrich by many cultures and the culinary basics is a great way to start .My oldest child has the magic of great taste buds and the little one ,right after baking school has a job in the bakery center of a major grocery chain. I learn the basics from my grandmother then while in the service a Italian master chef/ baker gave me some lessons after that and many cook books later I took off ,I cook or baked on impulse but some times I pick a book and make something special ,especially when invited to a friends house that I know they enjoy my desserts or breads. Pho is easy and delicious and once you try making your own egg noddle's you will really discover something new and great for the whole family .This has been a nice conversation .
People Like This 
Old 01-10-2017, 07:05 PM   #377
readytogo
readytogo

Left over chicken veg oriental soup turn into a brown rice casserole with added shrimp .

Old 01-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #378
Caribou
Time Traveler
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 11363 Times on 3322 Posts
Likes Given: 16422

Caribou is on a distinguished road

Mashed potatoes, polish sausage, and home made sauerkraut. This is the first meal out of my kraut and I was pleased at how it turned out.

"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." General Omar Bradley
People Like This 
Old 01-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #379
readytogo
readytogo

After mowing the back yard, with my youngest help, and using my chainsaw I was beat but we were all hungry, breakfast was early today so; ground beef, Italian dry spices, dry onion, red pepper flakes and one can of pasta sauce. Meat is cooked with all the spices, oh and I added about a ¼ of dry powder milk I had laying around after making the garlic rolls .The sauce is added and the dry milk actually made it nice and thick .I added a cup of cheddar cheese and then the cooked elbow pasta for a quick Mac and beef pasta casserole. The rolls I`m always playing with the dough .In the food processor I added 3 cups of regular flour(bread flour would have been better),3 cloves of garlic,1 tbsp of salt. Process till garlic is ground. Mix 1/2 cup of dry milk, 1 1/4 cup of water, 1 teasp sugar and heat it till warm, add the 1 pack of yeast and dissolved ,with processor running pour the milk and ¼ cup of olive oil till dough cleans the side of the processor bowl ,knead it for a few seconds till dough gets a little warm in the bowl ,sign of a good kneading .Place in a oiled bowl and let rise till double ,about 1 hour ,form into rolls and let rest for another hour. Baked in a 450* oven till golden brown or a thermometer shows 180* when inserted in the roll. Now Rapid-rise yeast has two time-saving advantages over active dry yeast: It does not need to be dissolved in water before mixing, and it requires only one rise after shaping. Simply add the dry yeast to the flour mixture. Heat the liquid ingredients to 120°-130° (rather than 110°-115° for dissolving active dry yeast). In place of the first rise, allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes before shaping. The next rise should take about half the time stated in a recipe that calls for active dry yeast. Hope this is useful. Also by using Mexican spices you will change the dish to a Mexican one.
Breakfast was SOS and waffles with plenty of coffee.
DSCF0427.jpg

Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #380
tsrwivey
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7816 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 22527

tsrwivey is on a distinguished road

Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti & garlic bread tonight. Cam's favorite!

Quick Reply