You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Recipe Share >

Whats for dinner?....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
readytogo
readytogo

Liked 2779 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 740

readytogo is on a distinguished road
Default Whats for dinner?....

Well today was a lazy day,nothing fancy roll of Italian bread,canned apple crumb pie and french quiche Loraine,served with ice cold tea and a nice green salad.
The pie dough is used in both pies so is simple the quiche is nothing more than 3 eggs,1 cup heavy cream, black pepper ,bacon,spinach and slice Swiss cheese on top, pre-baked the shell for a few minutes and then add the mixture cover it with the cheese and bake till is done,1/2 hour or so.The no knead bread is just as simple,3 cups bread flour,1 pack of yeast,1 teasp salt,1 teasp sugar ,a little olive oil and warm water.In food processor mix everything then add warm water a little at a time till the dough comes clean from the side of the processor
it doesn`t take long the dough will be a bit wet,place it in a bowl wet with a little oil and let it rise till double ,punch it down and shape as you like or in any mold,a cast iron pot will do find,baked till is nice and brown and it sounds hollow or you get a inside baked temperature of 180 degrees,done ,is better the next day.
ps.make sure that he oven is hot and the bread mold is well coated with oil or parchment paper to prevent it from sticking .
DSCF0269.jpg
Enjoy.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
notyermomma

Liked 1280 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 204

notyermomma is on a distinguished road

Last night I went shopping in the fridge to make fried rice ... I reached into the freezer for some pulled chicken and found a dab of curry sauce! So it wound up being curried rice instead. I brewed some mint sun tea straight out of my garden to go with it. I do love cooking!

Old 07-18-2014, 04:38 PM   #3
Genevieve
working on it

Liked 3313 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point

last night was left overs. hubby had some unstuffed cabbage rolls skillet dish and I had greenbeans and potatoes. with bread

tonite I'm making fish. I think I'll be rolling them in melted coconut oil then in some crushed stuffing mix and then baking and I'm going to make some cheesy zucchini( sliced tossed with olive oil, sliced onions,chopped fresh basil and some italian cheese mix ( it's what I have in the fridge) and then bake, 350 for about 30mins and then add more cheese on top to melt for another 10mins) to go with and always nice warm crusty bread or rolls ( hubby is a bread freak. seriously lol)

If I'm not allowed to post pictures here then TELL ME. not just block me from doing so you cowards. and I want a GOOD reason not just because two certain members cried boo-hoo

Genevieve THE EVIL ONE is in HAPPY EVIL LAND!!!
tsrwivey Likes This 
Old 07-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
tsrwivey
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7534 Times on 2203 Posts
Likes Given: 21901

tsrwivey is on a distinguished road

Well, last night it was a New Mexican casserole I threw together because I needed to use up so corn tortillas & I was too busy to roll enchiladas. I layered corn tortillas, refried beans, enchilada sauce, Mexican cheese, & taco meat. Put cheese on top & baked. Everyone loved it so it's a keeper!

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight, need to come up with new uses for chicken.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #5
Genevieve
working on it

Liked 3313 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking for those kinds of meals. like the unstuffed cabbage rolls. it's all the same ingredients but it's faster and in one pan. I have a soup recipe called stuffed sweet pepper soup that I use up extra sweet peppers with. it's all the same ingredients but much much faster than stuffed peppers. anything thats easier, faster and little cleanup like using only one pan/skillet,etc I'm all for it and I find that those types of recipes can use up the preps easier too. Like most everything in those 2 recipes could be done with freeze dried and canned foods

If I'm not allowed to post pictures here then TELL ME. not just block me from doing so you cowards. and I want a GOOD reason not just because two certain members cried boo-hoo

Genevieve THE EVIL ONE is in HAPPY EVIL LAND!!!

Old 07-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
goshengirl
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3352 Times on 1463 Posts
Likes Given: 11013

goshengirl is on a distinguished road

Leftovers! I'm just thankful we have some, because the weather is so nice, I don't want to spend any time cooking, just working outside.

"These are the times that try men's souls." - Thomas Paine
Swagbucks
A Soapbox With a View

People Like This 
Old 07-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #7
readytogo
readytogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyermomma View Post
Last night I went shopping in the fridge to make fried rice ... I reached into the freezer for some pulled chicken and found a dab of curry sauce! So it wound up being curried rice instead. I brewed some mint sun tea straight out of my garden to go with it. I do love cooking!
You got me going with the mint sun tea,thanks.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
readytogo
readytogo

Had leftover rice so tonight I will be making ham fried rice.

Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM   #9
Freyadog

Liked 682 Times on 297 Posts
Likes Given: 3525

Freyadog is on a distinguished road

deviled eggs
blackeyed peas
collard greens
fried squash
cornbread
water with lemon

Old 07-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
Urmomma

Liked 25 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Urmomma is on a distinguished road

I've fixed that Mexican casserole. It's a family favorite and adding beans are a good idea. We add a little chopped onion to the layers. Sometimes I use corn and sometimes flour tortillas. Tonight we are having spaghetti.

I have left over beans and corn on the Cobb. In a couple of days some of the beans will be rinsed, corn stripped from the cob and onion, bell pepper, sweet relish, tomato tossed with Italian dressing. It will make a nice salad. Spent part of the day looking up bean recipes.

Quick Reply