You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Recipe Share >

What's For Dinner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
DJgang
I put SAs on IGNORE!

Liked 1253 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

DJgang is on a distinguished road
Default What's For Dinner?

Or Supper?

How about just a general chit chat thread about what you are cooking for dinner tonight ....

I'm sure some things will be a very good recipe, thus own thread worthy!

I'll go, tonight: organic pork chops (I picked up this week of Earth Fare) green beans from the garden this past summer ( with bacon grease) and butter noodles (for kiddos)

We don't do desserts around here.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
Prepper69

Liked 92 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 145

Prepper69 is on a distinguished road

I am in Houston visting with my grandson I have not seen in 6 weeks So I decided to bring down a couple of the jars of chili beans to my daughter to try out....maybe hoping to get her interested in canning

Last night I bought some sausage from the store.....cooked up some rice and heated the beans....They were a HIT !!! Everyone loved them Dont think I got her interested in canning though :/ But I have more beans at home that need to be canned next time I pull the canner out...which will be next weekend

Dinner tonight...going out to eat with a friend

Old 02-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
goshengirl
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3352 Times on 1463 Posts
Likes Given: 11013

goshengirl is on a distinguished road

I like these kinds of threads.

Although for me, dinner tonight was really, really easy. We had a basketball game to go to south of the border (KY), so we had pizza on the way.

"These are the times that try men's souls." - Thomas Paine
Swagbucks
A Soapbox With a View

Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
BrendaLee

Liked 42 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 70

BrendaLee is on a distinguished road

We had ham and scalloped potatoes! Our local grocery store is doing some remodeling and had their spiral hams marked $7 off! I got five hams for just over $5 each!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
AuroraHawk
Okie from Michigan via Alaska!

Liked 194 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 210

AuroraHawk is on a distinguished road

Lunch was leftover shrimp fettuccine alfredo and Davis didn't want anything for supper so I scrambled some eggs and diced ham. Added a couple of drops of Tabasco Sauce, dried chives and parsley. Yummy! I haven't made that in ages.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
lilmissy0740

Liked 368 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 144

lilmissy0740 is on a distinguished road

Yesterday had a pot of ham and bean soup on all day. It was delicious. On the other hand, wanted some cornbread to go with it but wanted more of a moist cornbread than a cake like (recipe I use) got on a recipe site, this cornbread had all kinds of good reviews. The only thing was it took Jiffy Cornbread Mix. I dont buy stuff like that, so I looked up another recipe for a make at home Jiffy Mix and mixed it up ad made the recipe. The nicest thing I can say about that cornbread... %^*($%^$%^( in the garbage it went. Tonight quinoa with mushrooms.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Genevieve
working on it

Liked 3309 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Genevieve is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't cook on saturdays at all. I cook every meal all the other days but on saturdays we go out for breakfast and then lately we've been getting the sampler platter from Buffalo Wild Wings. Hubby has a tall cold one while he waits for them. Lunch on saturday is whatever you can find lol We used to get pizza or sometimes a hoagie (subs). I've been wanting some chinese lately but hubby doesn't want to even try it ( big goof).

If I'm not allowed to post pictures here then TELL ME. not just block me from doing so you cowards. and I want a GOOD reason not just because two certain members cried boo-hoo

Genevieve THE EVIL ONE is in HAPPY EVIL LAND!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
majmill

Liked 71 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 700

majmill is an unknown quantity at this point

Indian curry with homemade whole wheat pita and pears for dessert. It's an aquired taste! yum,yum! Sat. is the day I have the most time to cook.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
DJgang
I put SAs on IGNORE!

Liked 1253 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

DJgang is on a distinguished road

Already planning ahead: tomorrow, Sunday, going to put a chicken on to roast.

Today: we went on a little venture and ended up at a little burger dive in Tennessee...it definitely stuck to my ribs and so everyone was on their own tonight if they wanted more.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #10
memrymaker

Liked 152 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 686

memrymaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmissy0740 View Post
Yesterday had a pot of ham and bean soup on all day. It was delicious. On the other hand, wanted some cornbread to go with it but wanted more of a moist cornbread than a cake like (recipe I use) got on a recipe site, this cornbread had all kinds of good reviews. The only thing was it took Jiffy Cornbread Mix. I dont buy stuff like that, so I looked up another recipe for a make at home Jiffy Mix and mixed it up ad made the recipe. The nicest thing I can say about that cornbread... %^*($%^$%^( in the garbage it went. Tonight quinoa with mushrooms.
I have a honey cornbread muffin recipe that is amazing. It is smooth, without the grittiness. I can post if you are interested. I made muffins the first time (as called for), but decided to double and make in a 9x9 dish next time! It will definitely add some more YUM to my next chili night.

We the People of the united States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Quick Reply