You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Survival Discussion >

What aren't you good at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #51
CrackbottomLouis
Winston Smith Sent Me
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13540 Times on 2951 Posts
Likes Given: 4252

CrackbottomLouis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight1630 View Post
I'm still having problems understanding my wife after 13 years of marige. My daughter. And our cat and dog which by the way are both female. Way to much estrogen in our house lol
You figure that one out you best becoming back here to let us in on the secret!!!

I once met a man named Galt.
He said it didnt matter who was at fault.
The looters will loose and moochers be d*mn*d,
Because Ragnar has a Colt!

jimLE Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #52
CrackbottomLouis
Winston Smith Sent Me
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13540 Times on 2951 Posts
Likes Given: 4252

CrackbottomLouis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmmoSgt View Post
That's a big Amen . it's one thing to be able to do something in good times and when you know you are going to do it. Set aside the time, get what you need together.. get a good nights sleep before hand ...

Sometimes things can be hidden from you by free do-overs, and alibi's that just happen, without any real consequences.

I have a suggestion if somebody wants to experience what I am talking about .. and it is good training , it also may be "free" used to be. But I have been out of the game for a while.

This is strictly about learning a general lesson.. I assume most folks have a pistol for self defense and I assume that most folks with pistols shoot occasionally with it , maybe even train with it

First visit to IDPA ( http://www.idpa.com/ )used to be a freebie ( might still be .. or at least they didn't charge you membership .. maybe a range fee $10-12 here) and of course you had to bring your own gear weapon and ammo ...

Maybe you have the perfect weapon that is perfectly reliable .. I thought I did, always worked at the range.. it was accurate if I did my part... I was thoroughly familiar and comfortable with it... and so I went to my first IDPA shoot .. a casual affair, small group ,only about 10 folks , very friendly.. treated me as a proper guest..

When my turn came .. I was briefed on the scenario .. had about 9 silhouette targets one the moved back and forth on a rocker ( rocked side to side ), a pop up.. one was a double silhouette one behind the other the front target marked by a black hand ( that how you know it is a victim and not a bad guy.. you can't shoot the targets with a black hand , but you have to engage to visible portions of the silhouette behind it maybe 4 or 5 inches exposed all along the left side with a foot between the targets front to back ) The rest were just naked cardboard man sized silhouettes sprinkled around .. two plywood walls three shooting stations , you have to go to all three stations to see all the targets .. You are armed hip carry under large floppy vest to represent concealed carry you start about 10 feet from the first firing position carrying a grocery bag full of empty plastic soda pop bottles to represent a bag of groceries and you have to engage the target in the order you see them you pistol is cocked and locked 8+1 and you have a spare mag of 8 thus forcing magazine change... depending on the scenario you may have to retain the empty mag or you may sometimes be able to drop it .. and then there is this guy with this loud alarm sounding thingy that is also a timer and he lives just behind you about two feet away and takes off points for "Technical" improper technique / shooting targets out of order and stopping the scenario if you commit a safety violation. You get points for hits, center mass is highest three ring with lesser points for the other two rings and you loose points for time and technical's .

The horn goes off and you walk briskly to the first firing point , seeing the first target you drop the bag draw and engage.. damn take the safety off .. bam bam bam first three down second firing point dang you see a target before you are the box ( technical damn) snap shot bam damn FTF limp wristed that one stumble to the box trying to clear the jam bam bam missed black hand bam got it bam got the last one start to leave pop up in sight of the send box click damn reload bam got it .. do to third firing position Bam Bam BAM .. done my oh GOD must have been 5 minutes .. ump says 28 seconds not bad for a first timer... I want to know where the POS pistol that did an FTF came from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFDaVIbJ4AU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sF968wE0So

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hox1CEShTnQ

So I start thinking.. always a bad thing.. but yeah.. that FTF happens a lot actually with that pistol , no biggy at the range , so practiced at clearing it, it's not even noticeable, just rack and go on.. that it happen only 2 maybe three times in a 100- 150 rounds in an hour at the range.. hardly notice it any more... now it is a BIG FREAKING DEAL arrrghhh
I love idpa shoots. Used to love polite society as well but that kind of dried up in my area. I would love to get into some 3 gun shoots but the closest range that does them is a good bit away and shooting enough to really improve is an expensive proposition. Working on 22 solutions to make it less costly and I don't feel the need to shoot often with a shotgun to get better at that part at those distances.

I once met a man named Galt.
He said it didnt matter who was at fault.
The looters will loose and moochers be d*mn*d,
Because Ragnar has a Colt!

tmttactical Likes This 
Old 01-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #53
Flight1630

Liked 550 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 295

Flight1630 is on a distinguished road

Lol been trying

Just a Canadian trucker

Old 01-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #54
crabapple
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 2466 Times on 1088 Posts
Likes Given: 9860

crabapple is on a distinguished road

Wild plant for food & medical is a low point for me,too.
I only know about 20 plants.

Knowledge is power, Skill is trade, Experience is Priceless

FAMILY: The people who will harvest the fruit of my labor.

CrackbottomLouis Likes This 
Old 01-28-2017, 02:16 AM   #55
Sybil6

Liked 237 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Sybil6 is on a distinguished road

Condensing my supplies into something easily maneuverable. I've considered switching from LOF to a bike with saddle bags, a luggage rack, and maybe even under seat storage + my dogs who enjoy their backpacks. However I'm struggling to make hiccup understand she can't just lay down when leashed to the bike. Lol!

Old 01-31-2017, 02:40 PM   #56
learn2live

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

learn2live is on a distinguished road

Edibles on the go is where I'm struggling. Plants for nutritional or edible value, and game cleaning. It's been a long time, and I've been putting off re-learning.

Don't just "survive." Learn. Prepare. Live.

Luck = (Preparation + Opportunity)^Hardwork

CrackbottomLouis Likes This 

Quick Reply