Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Survival Discussion > SHTF - Forest Base - Space Blankets


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #11
VUnder
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 599
Liked 91 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 17

VUnder is on a distinguished road
Default

Really, the best bet is to set everything you see on fire. Every private citizen needs to have this plan. Burn houses, vehicles, burn it all. The only way I think you can have a chance to survive is to fill the atmosphere with so much smoke that you can offer yourself some protection. Maybe if we are lucky an asteroid or meteor strike will happen, or maybe a volcano will start belching, along with the earthquakes that are already in The Book. Look up homeland security // blimps. Eleven blimps, each one is seventeen times larger than the goodyear blimp, with cameras that cover 650 miles, and are hovering over us right now, running on solar power, un-manned. Now, why did they give law enforcement all the old tv system?



__________________
VUnder is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #12
LongRider
Member
 
LongRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 988
Liked 615 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 501

LongRider is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayingthegame View Post
our fire department has a thermal imaging device. it can detect where a person has touched a place for several minutes after depending on the ambient air temp. so if you were running we could possibly follow your heat trail.
Interesting. We built an enclosed heated porch around our house. One of the things I was told was the heated space would help mask/blur our heat signature inside the house. That was incorrect?


__________________
LongRider is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #13
OldCootHillbilly
Reverend Coot
 
OldCootHillbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In a Emergency Vehicle, In a Holler, Iowa
Posts: 3,613
Liked 4009 Times on 1611 Posts
Likes Given: 433

OldCootHillbilly is on a distinguished road
Default

Our thermal camera's be good ta a tenth of a degree. The closer yer body temp be ta the ambient temp the less of yer heat signature will show. But there ain't much a anythin what will make ya invisible ta them camera's.

Yeah, ya can see foot prints on carpet, hand prints on walls. There a neat tool an perty hard ta fool.

__________________
May God bless the prepared, yours truly: Rev. Coot
CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) "Because We Care"
If the Safety Officer is running, try and keep up!

As does Radagast the Brown, I to am beginin ta "Prefer the company a animals ta men".
Who's got the jug a shine?
America - Where eagles fly but be ran by turkey's
Our blog: http://www.oldcoothillbilly.wordpress.com
OldCootHillbilly is online now  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 AM   #14
eldarbeast
O.o I drank wha?-Socrates
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 30
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 11

eldarbeast is on a distinguished road
Default

Cover your shelter with six inches of water. Reflects radar, defeats thermal and provides limited protection from radiation. Can be used to sustain life, water your garden and your livestock.

eldar

__________________
eldarbeast is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #15
md1911
Member
 
md1911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 503
Liked 72 Times on 45 Posts

md1911 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast
Cover your shelter with six inches of water. Reflects radar, defeats thermal and provides limited protection from radiation. Can be used to sustain life, water your garden and your livestock.

eldar
Sounds like a good idea.
__________________

speak softley and carry a big stick

md1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #16
Jezcruzen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: , The Old Dominion
Posts: 1,004
Liked 190 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Jezcruzen is on a distinguished road
Default

Materials reflect and radiate heat at different rates. Even the leaves of different species of trees radiate heat at different rates.

Erecting a space blanket and attempting to hide your heat signature underneath it doesn't work. Your heat will radiate out the sides. If the blanket is touching you, a hot spot will show where it touches. Even if no heat is radiated, being that different materials radiate at different levels, the rectangle shape of your blanket can be picked up by a good IR operator. Even disturbed earth will show.

Out foxing the goon squad and their latest generation IR capability will be very difficult for most, if not impossible.

__________________
Jezcruzen is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #17
stayingthegame
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: , Louisiana
Posts: 992
Liked 296 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 16

stayingthegame is on a distinguished road
Default

we use our device during and after a fire to find hot spots. we have found some spot still "hot after putting 1000's of gallons of water on the house. even water will absorb the heat around it.masking against these devices means to enlarge the heat area to the point that it does seem out place or looks to large to be a single person. to me the best place would be a hollow tree.

__________________
stayingthegame is offline  
kejmack Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
Ration-AL
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 202
Liked 46 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Ration-AL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezcruzen View Post
Materials reflect and radiate heat at different rates. Even the leaves of different species of trees radiate heat at different rates.

Erecting a space blanket and attempting to hide your heat signature underneath it doesn't work. Your heat will radiate out the sides. If the blanket is touching you, a hot spot will show where it touches. Even if no heat is radiated, being that different materials radiate at different levels, the rectangle shape of your blanket can be picked up by a good IR operator. Even disturbed earth will show.

Out foxing the goon squad and their latest generation IR capability will be very difficult for most, if not impossible.
you make a mouse trap they just make a better mouse, try and get your hands on this stuff
http://www.defensereview.com/blucher-systems-ghost-and-spectralflage-multispectral-combat-camouflage-fabric-technology-anti-thermalir-infrared-soldier-camouflage-and-vehicle-camouflage-for-21st-century-warfare-operations/

and use it with a space blanket, space blankets must be mylar one side, tarp material on the other, this slows down the heat sinking through.

layer, space blanket followed by ghost suit material if you can get it, if not use the material found in ghillie suits and put a spacer of some sort between the ghillie and the space blanket, this allows for air to flow between the two and keeps heat sig's down, the trick to this is to deploy it right when you need it, no sooner as heat transfer begins to happen and it's only a matter of time until anything you do becomes a white hot beacon for them to track.

that's what i've come up with in my research on this topic at least.

without


nothing but space blanket

also this for some reason

__________________
Ration-AL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 03:20 AM   #19
d_saum
ExCommunicated
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: , NC
Posts: 476
Liked 188 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 857

d_saum is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ration-AL View Post
you make a mouse trap they just make a better mouse, try and get your hands on this stuff
http://www.defensereview.com/blucher-systems-ghost-and-spectralflage-multispectral-combat-camouflage-fabric-technology-anti-thermalir-infrared-soldier-camouflage-and-vehicle-camouflage-for-21st-century-warfare-operations/

and use it with a space blanket, space blankets must be mylar one side, tarp material on the other, this slows down the heat sinking through.

layer, space blanket followed by ghost suit material if you can get it, if not use the material found in ghillie suits and put a spacer of some sort between the ghillie and the space blanket, this allows for air to flow between the two and keeps heat sig's down, the trick to this is to deploy it right when you need it, no sooner as heat transfer begins to happen and it's only a matter of time until anything you do becomes a white hot beacon for them to track.

that's what i've come up with in my research on this topic at least.

without


nothing but space blanket

also this for some reason
I dont care who you are... that's FUNNY!
__________________
d_saum is offline  
Ration-AL Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
IcemanUnlimited
Free Man
 
IcemanUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 32
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

IcemanUnlimited is on a distinguished road
Default

Forgot about this thread. lol

Yeah, well the thermal pics show that it seems to help, but not totally rid you of your heat signature.




__________________

Check out my little online store at http://darkiceco.webs.com

-Cool Dogtag Necklaces
-Leftover Weapons & Tactical Gear Inventory
-Plenty of Other Items


IcemanUnlimited is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Thermal blankets PS360 For Sale & Wanted 9 05-13-2012 01:07 AM
Wool Blankets Magi Equipment & Survival Kits 18 03-14-2012 07:25 AM
Is It Wise To Live Near Army Base If SHTF? neil-v1 General Preparedness Discussion 47 03-30-2011 08:59 PM
Forest Breath TechAdmin General Homesteading & Building 33 03-26-2010 06:49 PM
Question about space blankets... TimB General Preparedness Discussion 1 12-18-2009 04:59 PM