You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > General Survival Discussion >

Do we discuss automated deterrents here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #31
CrackbottomLouis
Winston Smith Sent Me
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12137 Times on 2686 Posts
Likes Given: 3827

CrackbottomLouis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfacefixer View Post
I'm not joking about the squirrels. This just happened within a day after my post!

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/15/idaho-mans-pet-squirrel-attacks-burglar/

MERIDIAN, Idaho — Many homeowners have dogs for protection, but an Idaho man’s unusual pet proved to be just as effective when fending off a burglar.

Adam Pearl walked into his home on Tuesday and quickly realized something was wrong, KIVI-TV reports.

“I came in the front door and well I saw snow prints out in the front driveway going to the back of the house so I thought something was awry because no one usually goes through the yard,” Pearl told KIVI-TV.

Pearl’s pet squirrel Joey greeted him at the door, and then he started noticing that doors were open all over the house.

He went to his gun sage and realized someone had been trying to get in it.

“And I started looking at it and saw the scratches that are around the locking area and at that point I knew somebody was definitely in here messing around,” Pearl said.

Pearl called police, and just a few hours into the investigation, they returned with some of his stolen belongings.

The officer told Pearl that they found the suspect and were able to trace him back to the burglary because of the scratches on his hands and arms.

“She said while she was questioning the individual, he had scratches on his hands, so she asked him ‘Did you get that from the squirrel’ and he says ‘Yeah, (expletive) thing kept attacking me and wouldn’t stop until I left,’” said Pearl.

Joey is being hailed a hero, and he was rewarded with his favorite treat—Whoppers!
Attack squirrels!!! Why didn't I think of that!!!!

I once met a man named Galt.
He said it didnt matter who was at fault.
The looters will loose and moochers be d*mn*d,
Because Ragnar has a Colt!

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2017, 01:41 AM   #32
Viking
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 2922 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 8043

Viking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
People that break into homes usually are not in the top section of the intelligence totem pole.
Yeah, we have far too many like that close to where we live and that's why we stay alert, as best possible.

I've done so much with so little for so long that I can do almost anything with nothing.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply