Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Fiction & Non-Fiction Stories > A warning to those who loot.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
partdeux

Liked 427 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 44

partdeux is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozayBuck View Post
Hmmm..wonder...are blonds tastier then redheads?...just asking ...
Try em both and compare.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
efbjr

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

efbjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
I dunno how to do a PDF sorry.its short anyway.
Check out some of the free downloadable office suites found on the internet, such as: Easy Office & Libre Office. They have the option in their word processing applications to save a file in the .pdf format. You don't have to buy the Adobe program.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-
Robert A. Heinlein

Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #13
Magus
Scavenger deluxe

Liked 3370 Times on 1805 Posts
Likes Given: 2258

Magus is on a distinguished road

will do, thanks.

Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 AM   #14
CulexPipiens
Still waiting for the zombies.

Liked 1003 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 745

CulexPipiens is on a distinguished road

Magus, I've read through your diary entries a few times before formulating my response. I think the kernel of a pretty good story is buried in there. Look at expanding the entries. More details, descriptions, etc. Of course, more entries too. As mentioned, consider the timeline... cannibalism after 2 weeks is unlikely, but maybe at the 6 month window very desperate groups might be resorting to this. Keep at it as I'd like to see more and where you go with this.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #15
Magus
Scavenger deluxe

Here's the first entry.this thing which might eventually end up as a filler for a real book deals with snippets of various survivors after "the hatch opens" to a strange new world gone totally mad.might want to break out the profanity filter.I'll censor all I find but its there.

Labor day.

Strange I should be writing a diary with the whole world gone to hell around me and I'm sitting in a maintenance tunnel under the city water treatment plant praying that the next strike doesn't hit this dump and bring the rest of the facility down around my ears,they nuked Atlanta earlier today,I haven't dared to look,the ground still jars from time to time,maybe it unhinged an earthquake fault,maybe its more nukes going off.the tunnels seem to be holding up pretty good though.what a hell of a way to spend Labor day!

Well hell,where to start?I guess with the hemorrhagic plague.

It started in Bolivia about six weeks ago,some new kind of Ebola,they only named it blue fever after it started killing white folks,we turn a nice shade of blue when every corpuscle next to the skin surface explodes,neat huh?

Fortunately its only 50% fatal,if its non-fatal you only get something like the flu and a few bruise like spots and you're over it in a week,if its fatal you keep turning blue,you cough up blood and your organs turn to mush,then you die in lots of pain,but right now blue fever is the least of my worries,I had a light case and seem to be immune,but enough weren't that the government took me off disability and made me work here monitoring the water system.

I digress,anyway,after the body count reached nearly a billion worldwide,the finger pointing started,several governments started accusing each other of biological warfare,genocide,yadda yadda.....it went from there to a nuclear exchange a few hours ago,I don't even know who nuked us.

Oh well reader,you'll probably know more than me down in this hole,please don't use this for toilet paper unless you just have to,it may be my dying words.

September 8th.

FEMA has a special office in the main plant,I KNOW for a fact there's radiation gear and gas masks and stuff in it,but I don't dare poke my nose out of the hatch for a few days yet.I have plenty of fresh water but no food,I'll gut it out.

September 12th.
I'm ^%*(&^* hungry.die of starvation in a few days or of cancer in a few years,I'm going to put this respirator from the emergency kit on and take a hammer to that vending machine!

September 13th.
Seems I'm in good shape!according to the book I got out of the FEMA office and those handy Geiger counters the background radiation is tolerable for several hours and they have potassium iodide tabs in there too,just the thing for radiation sickness prevention!they even have big,yellow space suits that will block twice the dose out there,I'm wearing two when I go topside again.in the meantime,I scored the Manager's keyring and access to the vending machines and the closet where they keep the stuff the stock them with,I'm good for a few weeks!

September 15th.
I'm getting sick of hearing drip,drip,drip.

September 20th.
I got brave and went topside,Geiger counter in hand,I wish I'd stayed put.I went outside and the first thing I saw was a dead dog,it must have wandered up from the city,it was positively hot with radiation,I went to the parking lot to my car to get some stuff out of my car,every vehicle there had the paint blistered off on the side facing Atlanta,I secured my SKS rifle and hunting kit from the trunk,of course the car wouldn't even turn over,the EMP fried its tiny electronic brain.then I saw all the dead plants and grass,and all the tiny corpses of birds under the trees,I took a short jog to the crest of the hill,I had to see what was left of Atlanta.

It was gone.the core of the city was a great,black hole with the skeletons of skyscrapers poking through the black glass like stuff that used to be a city of thousands.and the damnedest thing,parts of it were still on fire after almost two weeks!My geiger counter started going off a bit louder and my dosimeter needle was edging into the warning zone so I came back here.

September 29th.
I'm the last man on earth except for the suckers who launched the missiles,I hope they're happy,I haven't stopped crying since I saw Atlanta.

October 4th.
I hate you god.

October 8th.
I'm over it at last,no more tears,no more sorrow,I'm going home.

October 12th.
I loaded up the rest of the food into a maintenance cart,Shouldered my SKS,put on my .22 pistol and hunting knife,I ate a triple dose of the potassium iodide and my "fallout space-suit"and headed toward I-75.I'm going home.

October 13th.
It's my first night out in this new world,I haven't seen anything but wrecked cars and dead bodies for miles,I glanced over my shoulder toward the AFB,there's this blue glow over the area,I'm presuming its radiation.I'm spending the night in this truck stop,the Geiger counter says it's not dangerously irradiated and they have lots of bottled water and canned food.for whatever reason I raided the cash register,there was nearly 500$ in it.it'll make a good fire starter.there was a 45 automatic behind the bill drawer and a half a box of ammo,my 22 goes in the knapsack.

October 15th.
Well I saw other survivors,if you can call them that,they're covered in scabbing wounds and utterly insane!one attacked me with an axe and I had to shoot him,his buddies swarmed over his body and began eating him!they utterly ignored me after that and I went on my merry way,I think I'll call these guys"Zombies".

October 16th.
Dogs.packs of them!everything from beagles to Great Danes!they're all half starved and in a similar shape as the "Zombies"I encountered,must be radiation burns from fallout,but my Geiger counter reads safe,I'm keeping my suit on anyway,its warm.

October 18th.
Nuclear winter is a pain, it never gets brighter than twilight and its dark as hell at night,but the sky glows in spots,hot patches of fallout probably.

October 19th.
I met some more survivors today in Rome,they have the city cordoned off but they let me in after they were satisfied neither I nor my cart of stuff was "hot". I told them about the Zombies and dogs,they weren't surprised.

October 20th.
I can't believe I traded a candy bar and a bottle of soda for sex!Maybe this new world won't be too bad.

October 25th.
I picked up a radio and a supply of batteries in trade for my 22 pistol on my way out of town,all there is on is an FCC broadcast listing the cities that got nuked and the radiation levels and safe areas,my home is in a safe area,I'm going there.

October 28th.
I found the remains of a military convoy today,I scored myself two working M-4 rifles,a case of ammo,two Beretta pistols and ammo,and a pile of mags for each,I also found some body armor and some MREs,my little cart is getting heavy,I'll stash this stuff when I'm near home.

October 31st,Halloween.
Dalton has become a bad "Mad Max"movie,the gangs and cops are shooting it out for control of the food,the radio says Chattanooga was hit and is a "Dead Zone"Glad I'm not going there.

October 31st,midnight.
I had to ditch my stash in a culvert and take to the woods,they don't take kindly to visitors anymore it seems,screw it.home will be in sight by morning.

November 1st.
Be it ever so humble.that old trailer never looked so good when I walked up the driveway!after a good night's sleep I'll go back after my stuff and see if I can organize what few neighbors remain.hope this nuke winter blows over,its depressing!

Old 03-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #16
sailaway
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 288 Times on 155 Posts
Likes Given: 384

sailaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by res2cue View Post
I hear they both taste like chicken!

Sounds like a book I would enjoy reading
No they both taste like tuna.

By the way G.F.S. has 2gallons of A1 for $80.00, and it doesn't last me that long.

Words to live by: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Chearful, thrifty, Brave, Clean & Reverant!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
Magus
Scavenger deluxe

A1 is good stuff.hides the taste of my culinary failures.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #18
HarleyRider
Comic Relief Member

Liked 299 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

HarleyRider is on a distinguished road
Default Uh oh... Harley's Back!!

A1
. B thru Z lost.

I'm a prepper, you're a prepper, she's a prepper, he's a prepper, wouldn't you like to be a prepper too? Dr. Prepper, drink Dr. Prepper, ....

Old 03-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #19
Davarm
Texan
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4093 Times on 1943 Posts
Likes Given: 1883

Davarm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailaway View Post

No they both taste like tuna.

Magus, you may want to use that quote!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #20
Magus
Scavenger deluxe

LOL.Next time I do a story on cannibals for sure!

Quick Reply