You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Communications >

Radio repair?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2017, 05:04 PM   #11
forluvofsmoke
Hangin' n learnin'

Liked 351 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 130

forluvofsmoke is on a distinguished road

Sgtusmc98, I'm now leaning towards you may have gotten burned on the radio purchase...I think the seller dumped it, and it's probably way too late in the game for seeking recourse.

Not to change the subject or open a debate, as I'm sure there are plenty of satisfied users, but, eBay...that says a lot. PayPal and eBay are separated, now, but I doubt that will change any of the problems with customer service, returns, refunds, etc. I've heard little positive and plenty of negative from eBay buyers in my area. The biggest complaints being sellers refusing returns/refunds when the product sold didn't meet expectations or was received damaged, sometimes even blaming the buyer for damages. On occasion, buyers getting bad rep or being blocked (I don't know specifically how their system works) by those sellers when there were conflicts, dealing with PayPal as the moderator for disputes...it goes on. My bank is my online/phone purchase/payment dispute moderator, and they take care of business.

None of the eBay/PayPal issues effect me, personally, as I don't use any site that requires PayPal (I thought that was a pretty darn brassy policy...downright arrogant, IMO), and I don't use bidding sites...period...just me. Trust is a big selling-point to me. When you're dealing with an individual seller instead of a reputable company things can get complicated (or downright difficult) if you're not satisfied with your purchase. A company wants to build and maintain a good reputation while an individual may or may not care about it one way or the other. Not to say that everyone should quit using eBay/PayPal, just saying it's not for everyone...exercise due caution.

Always remember Murphy's Law...

Last edited by forluvofsmoke; 01-17-2017 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
sgtusmc98

Liked 403 Times on 158 Posts

sgtusmc98 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by forluvofsmoke View Post
Sgtusmc98, I'm now leaning towards you may have gotten burned on the radio purchase...I think the seller dumped it, and it's probably way too late in the game for seeking recourse.

Not to change the subject or open a debate, as I'm sure there are plenty of satisfied users, but, eBay...that says a lot. PayPal and eBay are separated, now, but I doubt that will change any of the problems with customer service, returns, refunds, etc. I've heard little positive and plenty of negative from eBay buyers in my area. The biggest complaints being sellers refusing returns/refunds when the product sold didn't meet expectations or was received damaged, sometimes even blaming the buyer for damages. On occasion, buyers getting bad rep or being blocked (I don't know specifically how their system works) by those sellers when there were conflicts, dealing with PayPal as the moderator for disputes...it goes on. My bank is my online/phone purchase/payment dispute moderator, and they take care of business.

None of the eBay/PayPal issues effect me, personally, as I don't use any site that requires PayPal (I thought that was a pretty darn brassy policy...downright arrogant, IMO), and I don't use bidding sites...period...just me. Trust is a big selling-point to me. When you're dealing with an individual seller instead of a reputable company things can get complicated (or downright difficult) if you're not satisfied with your purchase. A company wants to build and maintain a good reputation while an individual may or may not care about it one way or the other. Not to say that everyone should quit using eBay/PayPal, just saying it's not for everyone...exercise due caution.

The radio worked fine with HF for several years. The radio happens to be on the way back from getting fixed now, I tried to get in touch with some small scale techs including ones mentioned earlier in this thread but all contact numbers were dead. It ended up going to ICOM in Michigan. Tech there said it just needed some adjustments so we will see.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply