Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Homesteading > General Homesteading & Building > Paradise Valley, Montana Fallout Shelter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
bunkerbob
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 251 Times on 124 Posts

bunkerbob is on a distinguished road
Default Paradise Valley, Montana Fallout Shelter

Came across this a while back concerning a doomsday religious cult The Cloud Over Paradise Valley : People.com building a very large fallout shelter.
Here is the video tour
Fallout Shelter Tours [VIDEO]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
rhrobert
Happy in the hills

Liked 154 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 75

rhrobert is on a distinguished road

Elizabeth (Guru Ma) died in October, she was 70. She and Mark Prophet also founded Montessori International. If you had ever met her, you would think she was a sweet old lady.
The church still owns the 12,000 acres in Montana.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
jstout

jstout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhrobert View Post
Elizabeth (Guru Ma) died in October, she was 70. She and Mark Prophet also founded Montessori International. If you had ever met her, you would think she was a sweet old lady.
The church still owns the 12,000 acres in Montana.
You are a fricking retard if you think that that bat shit crazy woman and her bat shit crazy man founded Montessori.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
ZoomZoom
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 4903 Times on 1209 Posts
Likes Given: 760

ZoomZoom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout View Post
You are a fricking retard if you think that that bat shit crazy woman and her bat shit crazy man founded Montessori.
Well, that's one heck of a first post to the forum. Digging up a 2 year old thread then calling the member and the people being discussed nasty things.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
rhrobert
Happy in the hills

Liked 154 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 75

rhrobert is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Look in the mirror before calling me a retard. I said they founded Montessori International. Your reading comprehension is that of a 2 yr old.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/17/us/17prophet.html?_r=0

Quote:
in 1971, she founded Montessori International, a school run on Montessori’s progressive principles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Clare_Prophet

Quote:
In 1970, the Prophet family founded Montessori International, a school based on the principles of the acclaimed educator Dr. Maria Montessori.
Thanks for letting us know your immaturity level on your first post.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #6
bugoutbob
Leadhand

Liked 339 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 258

bugoutbob is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else smell trolls?

Old 12-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
NaeKid
YourAdministrator, eh?
PS_ADMIN.png

Liked 2703 Times on 1431 Posts
Likes Given: 1543

NaeKid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmm ... what brought you here from Boise-State University? A research paper or something like that?

Ready or not, trouble comes. Being prepared for it and having the right attitude to deal with the issues is what makes us prepared. Having stuff is just a bonus!

The problem with society today is that the people who deserve the beating are not given the beating they deserve.
weedygarden Likes This 
Old 12-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
GrinnanBarrett

Liked 1119 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 860

GrinnanBarrett is on a distinguished road
Default be careful what you say can follow you.

Quote:
You really need to remember that this forum sets itself apart from so many others in that we try to be civil with each other. Correcting other members is okay but calling someone names is not the best way to win friends on the boards. Spend some time getting to know those around you before you decide who is crazy or not. We all make mistakes in posts.

I hope you find a way to work with others here and not become one of those posters people ignore. You might want to spend at least one post on introducing yourself to us so we have some idea of where you are coming from. I am not trying to offend you. I only want you to understand where the bulk of the folks on the forum are coming from. GB
Old 12-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #9
weedygarden
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 1767 Times on 833 Posts
Likes Given: 6547

weedygarden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think you missed something. The poster did not say that Elizabeth (Guru Ma) founded Montessori. The poster said that Elizabeth (Guru Ma) founded Montessori International.

Also, evidently, you have not taken Montessori training. If you had, you missed the "Grace and Courtesy" section of Practical Life.

I will give a more appropriate way to say what you said, "Excuse me, but I believe you were mistaken when you said that Elizabeth Clare Prophet and her eccentric husband founded Montessori International."

Except, she did create it, according to Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Clare_Prophet

If you know or believe that Wikipedia is in error, please edit this page for them.

Of course, I do not expect a one time poster who does this kind of hit and run to return to read the follow up comments. However, I would be interested in hearing a more graceful and respectful response to what you know about the situation to enlighten us. If you are not capable of grace and respect, you may make some more nasty comments which will find you gone and banned. It happens!

Have a nice day!
Old 12-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
Virginia2Hillbilly

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Virginia2Hillbilly is on a distinguished road

I got a big question is it still legal to go to Montana and fence off 60 some odd acres and live on it for 7 year's?

Quick Reply