Prepared Society Forum banner

i phone sized survival /bushcraft tools

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  aklavik 
#1 ·
I designed these tools to hide behind a I phone 4 or 5 the arrow head tool is also a knife,saw,and bow and arrow making tool the half moon cut outs are for scraping and forming bow bodies and arrow shafts the daggers are my take on WW2 OSS lapel daggers the knives and bushcraft tool are 1/16 sandvik 13C27 stainless rc hardness 59-60 they are in my tempering kiln now will finish grind tomorrow what are your thoughts ? one of these tools will fit between the phone and any carrier or 6 may be packed instead of a phone , I have 14 different plates and will have 25 next week or so all tailored for different enviornments, sail boat, bicycle , marine, desert, arctic, jungle, city, etc so they can be mixed and matched depending on where or what your doing Musical instrument Wood Font Art Metal

Kitchen utensil Tool Cutlery Gas Wood

Rectangle Font Art Symbol Tints and shades

Wood Telephony Mobile phone Communication Device Font

Automotive lighting Tableware Kitchen utensil Cutlery Font

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Issue would be whether or not they considered it dangerous enough to prohibit in the first place. My guess is the only way to find out is to try it.
I have tested airport security (albeit in Canada) enough already, never messed up and then one time I had an entire arrangement of things that were not even debatable:eek: They were really nice about it considering how bad I would think it looks.

My guess is that security would not be happy to find one of these hiding in a phone case.

I just wanted to make the point that something like this isn't going to have any bearing on phones in general because they all go through the machine anyways and picking out something like this is why.

#11 ·
Why the big thing about taking these on a plane?
99% of the time you are not going on a plane. I think they would be a great idea and I give aklavik credit for thinking outside-the-box.

#12 ·
Why the big thing about taking these on a plane?

99% of the time you are not going on a plane. I think they would be a great idea and I give aklavik credit for thinking outside-the-box.
For me, I fly fairly often for work, and I don't get to take my toys with me when I go. If I could take this on a commercial plane, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Others who don't fly often or at all obviously wouldn't be concerned with taking their through airport security.

I never mentioned it was a bad idea nor useless...I'm rather intrigued by it. I'm just trying to confirm whether or not this device will be sufficiently useful for me to make it worth purchasing one or two.

#14 ·
I have tested airport security (albeit in Canada) enough already, never messed up and then one time I had an entire arrangement of things that were not even debatable:eek: They were really nice about it considering how bad I would think it looks.

My guess is that security would not be happy to find one of these hiding in a phone case.

I just wanted to make the point that something like this isn't going to have any bearing on phones in general because they all go through the machine anyways and picking out something like this is why.
I have not been in an airport in a year.
But I think you can pack all of these, just not carry on the plane.

#16 ·
I love the idea of being able to carry more tools easily, but my Samsung rugby (milspec android) is thicker naked than a cased I phone or normal android, and milspec phone owners are probably your target market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.