You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Equipment & Survival Kits >

Back packs/ get home bags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #11
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8223 Times on 2394 Posts
Likes Given: 2194

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road

After school lets out for the summer, school backpacks will be on sale. Buy one for each of the children. Or look for them at garage sales.

They will blend in when stored in a vehicle or when they are in use.

45 Colt when you care enough to send the very best.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #12
Wikkador

Liked 96 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wikkador is on a distinguished road

Most survival issues do not change all that much ithin the same geo-location .. I see no reason to have all sorts of different bags. You can either answer basic survival needs or you cant. Simply being prepared to "go home" is a relatively low preparedness level. Keep in mind that during a crisis, just because you want to go home does not mean that you will not be required to do something else entirely or perhaps "go home" days later.

A bag of stuff is a bag of stuff... build a kit that answers basic survival needs in your specific location and be done with it. All this talk about SHTF bag, BOB, INCH bag, GHB, MOD-GHB, LC bag, ELC bag and on and on... its just silly.

I have a rubbermade tub in my trunk and a single sling pack strapped to the top of it. In the bag I have very basic items.. fire, water, shelter, medical, firearm .. and in the tub I have add on items that I would pick and choose from if time allowed. It doesn't matter what the crisis is or isn't.. I have what I need to answer most needs pretty well and maintain for at least 72hrs.

I know what I am saying may sound a little pointed but I am making an effort to cut through some of the bull and help get you on good solid footing.

Last edited by Wikkador; 04-19-2017 at 08:20 PM.
People Like This 
Old 04-19-2017, 12:10 AM   #13
SewingMachine
scum and villainy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 523 Times on 161 Posts
Likes Given: 90

SewingMachine is on a distinguished road

Seems like sound advice to me. I think a lot of what we do grows from the military, infantry and SF specifically. So there are patrol packs, main packs, E&E bags, and on and on. So we end up with a similar specialization of our kits. Not to mention we, collectively, are a market. If someone can theorize another piece of kit, and bag to go with it that we just cant live without, well, the buyers are there.

My camping gear is my everything bag. Its a nice setup. Overkill if I just want to go fishing for a few hours, but its good practice to hump it anyway.

I keep a vehicle bag, with stuff I like to have, but wont die without if I have to hoof it. I don't need those bolt cutters on foot. I will find another way.

There was a guy here in Wisconsin that just stole 16 or so AR's and assorted guns from a dealer, and sent a Manifesto to POTUS. Then lit his car on fire.

My first thought - "Did he steal 20,000 rounds of ammo and a wheelbarrow to go with it?"

It is far easier to have too much "just in case" than to keep it to a manageable and effective bare minimum.

I know I tote a couple items that I should dump, but I just cant do it.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #14
Wikkador

Liked 96 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Wikkador is on a distinguished road

Its like the people who are always spouting .."my handgun is what I use to fight my way to my rife". I am here to tell you that what ever weapon you begin to fight with is very likely the weapon you win or lose with. There is not likely to be an upgrade to something else, you run what you brung.

What you have with you in regards to supplies -should provide at minimum of 72 hours of health and well being. If it doesn't, you are not reasonably prepared.

you run what you brung.. you don't go get it.

Quick Reply