You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > International Current News & Events >

NFL is feeling the pressure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 AM   #11
LincTex
Jack of all trades?

Liked 8429 Times on 3963 Posts
Likes Given: 18432

LincTex is on a distinguished road

I have a lady friend who plays for:

http://www.lflus.com/dallasdesire

All posts by LincTex are the intellectual property of LincTex and may not be used for any commercial use without written consent from LincTex. Copyright © 2011-2017. All Rights Reserved.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2017, 07:52 PM   #12
weedygarden
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 6590 Times on 2372 Posts
Likes Given: 17343

weedygarden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishHeart View Post
Overpaid gladiators is what they are. People pay lots of money to see strength, not to hear their opinion.
Hollywood has the same problem. No one wants to hear what they think, actors just think we do.
I have never been a big fan of professional sports of any sort. I like watching youth play sports and often went to h.s. basketball, football, and baseball games. I like to watch children play soccer.

I see many of the players as narcissistic bullies. There is a bunch of corruption in World Cup Soccer, and my guess is that there is a bunch of corruption in all professional sports.

Ever watch Pulp Fiction? The idea of throwing a boxing match for the movie was not an idea made up just for the movie. My guess is that many sports events are like that.

I have NEVER understood how college ball is so damned important that it gets to suck so much attention and money from academics, and in state schools, paid for by taxpayers? I want to see a pep rally for education!

Someone told me that they love to watch the talent.

I know that not all athletes are jerks, but, I see athletics as a way to get some young men through college, who would never make it otherwise. And when some of these men are in college, how protected are they from the consequences of their bad behavior? I am talking about sexually abusive young men. Often they are protected and defended for their behavior, boys being boys baloney.

We live in a culture where the outcomes of certain things is more important than the accountability of those who participate. Many people who end up in positions of power, glory, and others, get their narcissistic egos stroked to believe they are allowed to do anything, with no consequences.

Is what is going on in the NFL a surprise to me? Not at all. Aren't they football Gods? Not to me, but they have been to too many for far too long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply