You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > International Current News & Events >

Illegal may actually be illegal again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 12:31 AM   #51
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou View Post
You may have missed my point. In my little scenario your home represents the country. They have no more right to stay in your home than the illegal aliens, or their children, have a right to stay in the country. The fact that they are here illegally makes all the difference. If the parent is here legally I totally concur with your evaluation.
When you call the sheriff you might get a rude awakening. I don't know the law in your State but I have heard stories of people finding squatters in their home and having a long, drawn out, expensive process to evict them. Ain't gonna stay on your property? I agree but the law might not be your friend in this. By the time you get them out there could be tens of thousands of dollars worth of damage and as much in legal fees.
I don't read the 14th Amendment the way you do. You may well be right.
Ok, I'll buy that.........maybe missed your point......applied it to my BOL, not the "country at large." Will get me to doing one thing, though, I know..checking the "eviction laws" in Colorado!! I might also add that there would be a slight difference between my "peacetime" actions," and "SHTF actions," but I'm not gonna go into that.

So, I have some research to do.....

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #52
Grimm
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

Liked 15017 Times on 5433 Posts
Likes Given: 21584

Grimm is on a distinguished road

Time to change the "policies".

Back when I worked at Disneyland they had an unspoken/written policy that if a woman went into labor with in the park the child would be given a lifetime pass to the park. Once word spread that this was real more women tried inducing labor by going on the rides so their baby would get the life long perks. Soon it became overwhelming and not cost effective so they had to withdraw this policy.

Maybe we as a nation should to.

When crap hits the fan it's not about how much skill you have but whose the BIGGER badass! Bobby, will you please tell Sam that Chuck Norris could KICK Jet Li's ass?
~Dean Winchester, Supernatural

People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz
People Like This 
Old Today, 12:51 AM   #53
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Time to change the "policies".

Back when I worked at Disneyland they had an unspoken/written policy that if a woman went into labor with in the park the child would be given a lifetime pass to the park. Once word spread that this was real more women tried inducing labor by going on the rides so their baby would get the life long perks. Soon it became overwhelming and not cost effective so they had to withdraw this policy.

Maybe we as a nation should to.
Very good point and I second the motion.

Quick Reply