Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Preparedness & Survival Forums > Health & Medicine > Making Home made Antibiotics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
groupsurvival

groupsurvival is on a distinguished road
Default Making Home made Antibiotics

I am looking for information on making home made antibiotics. Does anyone have this info? On the NatGeo "Doomsday Preppers" show, a very intelligent TN prepper gave a little sketchy info on this, but not enough for me. (He was later arrested and charged with being "insane" and numerous other charges because he is a known prepper. See you tube report.)

Don't wait for TEOTWAWKI, attack into the teeth of it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
mdprepper
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 654 Times on 320 Posts
Likes Given: 1618

mdprepper is on a distinguished road

This link gives you instructions:http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f3/home-made-medicins-2361/

These links could also be helpful:

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f3/alternative-antibiotics-778/

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f3/general-anesthetics-2408/

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f3/garlic-anti-biotic-168/

Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
goatlady

Liked 60 Times on 37 Posts

goatlady is on a distinguished road

You really need to start getting knowledgable about herbs. Echinacea is considered one of THE best antibiotics available for bacterial infections, easy to grow, harvest, and make reliable tinctures. Cannot overdose on this, it will not react with other conventional medications, very efficient. Bacterial infections cannot become resistant to Echinacea as the herb works on the body's immune system as a booster rather than attacking the infection directly, so there is nothing for the bacteria to resist. Garlic is also an extremely good antibiotic. Elderberry syrup/tincture is THE treatment for viral influenza infections, bar none. Otherwise, not much else will treat viral infections not even in conventional pharamacological meds.

There is extreme danger in trying to duplicate meds like penicillan in the kitchen, yeast cultures are not reliable and you most probably will have no way to test the potency/purity of the product which could kill the person taking it.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
groupsurvival

Default Home Made Antibiotics

One of the preppers on NatGeo had some electronic apparatus for making home made antibiotics. Are any of you familiar with that?

Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
groupsurvival

Default Home Made Antibiotics

We need a powerful antibiotic that can be used for doctoring people with dangerous wounds.

Most herbs are too weak for major infections, correct?

Old 03-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
goatlady

Not necessarily so, groupsurviver. Dangerous wounds most likely get infected because they were not cleansed thoroughly and also because they were sutured closed with "nasties" still in the recesses of the wounds. You need to be able to use liters and liters of soapy water to irrigate wounds clean, and then if you are NOT surgically trained, leave those wounds open to the air while packing them with raw honey or white sugar. Medically proven that bacteria cannot exist and multiply in a sugar/honey atmosphere. In addition, use the herbal antibiotics to build up the body's immune system to take care of any systemic infection that may have taken place. But do keep in mind, in a long-term survival situation many serious wounds will not be treatable to the point of survivability unless you had a really good GP in your group along with all the stuff he/she would need, cause most of the docs nowdays cannot diagnose and treat without their conventional equipment and supplies. There are many really good "survival" medicine classes out there which are well worth the $$ and time.

Am Not familiar with any electronic device to make homemade antibiotcs except for a colloidal silver solution generator which uses batteries. My focus is on prepping for times without power.

Forgot to add that colliodal silver solution is an excellent topical antibiotic and the best thing for curing pink eye infections, but is useless taken internally. Also I'm interested in your definition of "powerful antibiotics" and what type of dangerous wounds are you specifically looking to be able to treat without conventional medical equipment and facilities.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #7
*Andi
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3269 Times on 1589 Posts
Likes Given: 3434

*Andi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupsurvival View Post
We need a powerful antibiotic that can be used for doctoring people with dangerous wounds.

Most herbs are too weak for major infections, correct?
You may want to rethink that and do some research.

Just so you know.

Homesteading ... it's a way of life.

"I am the momma-bear your daddy warned you about" ...

"Aim small, miss small"

Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #8
md1911

Liked 72 Times on 45 Posts

md1911 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Andi

You may want to rethink that and do some research.

Just so you know.
Andi. I understand you are the resedent plant expert. Could or will you tell us what natural plant or combination of plants make a good natural antibiotic. I have been told that alovera straight from the plant is a antibiotic and a antiseptic. Its also very soothing to burns. I know about using it for burn relif. I have a plant and it works well.

speak softley and carry a big stick

Old 03-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
goatlady

I am not Andi, but I have been a practicing herbalist for 30+ years with my own tincture business on the West Coase for many years. Echinacea is considered one of THE best herbal antibiotics available. In using herbal preparations it seems that the tincture form (soaked/steeped in 80 proof vodka) is the most medicinal form, with very strong tea next in strength. It is antibiotic, NOT anti-viral, taken just like pharmacologic antigiotice on a 4-6 hourly basis for 7-10 days. The difference is the herb works to boost the body's own immune system by promtping creation fo T-cells which are the body's main defence against invasive bacteris, so that is working with the body instead of directly against the bacteria, the bacteria never have the opportunity to become resistant to the herb. That process is one of the main differences in using herbs as opposed to conventional pharmacological meds - the herbs work with the body to correct/cure the cause, it most usually does not attack/treat just the symptoms of a disease. That is also why it takes herbs longer to achieve results, they are working to correct a body inbalance that developed over time, so it will take time to achieve the correction. Golden Seal is another high-power herb that is very antibiotic, but also much stronger than Echinacea and it is strongly suggested not to take Golden Seal for any length of time. The Echinacea and Golden Seal work well together also for a short, hardhitting treatment. One can also take Echinacea as a maintenance herb to keep boosting the body's immune system so as to be able to resist bacterial infections; usually 7-10 take dosing, stop for a week or so, and then do another 7-10 day course.

For Influenza A (virus) resistance/treatment there is nothing to beat Elderberry tincture/syrup. Lab and double-blind tested for years, proven to reisitest,lessen and usually stop an Influenza A infection in it's tracks depending on when begun. Works better than Tamiflu with absolutely no negative side effects or residual effects, safe for all ages, and the syrup is pretty tasty. Originally marketed as Sambucol, but easy as pie to make at home.

BTW all the above is based on personal experience plus much research, and reliance on the Commission E Monographs produced by the German Government Medical Division for their physicians reference.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
md1911

Liked 72 Times on 45 Posts

md1911 is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I'm wondering if you can post pictures of golden seal, and echinacea. I've heard of golden seal but for the life of me I don't know what it looks like. I've also never heard of echinacea. Where does it grow.

speak softley and carry a big stick

Tags
herbs, home made antibiotics

Quick Reply