You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat >

Whats everybody doing today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 07:30 PM   #5291
BlueZ
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 1262 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 2065

BlueZ is on a distinguished road

Today I took a day off from work to go on a Ruckmarch and go shoot.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #5292
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6814 Times on 1748 Posts
Likes Given: 19715

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Took wife to airport at 4 a.m., she is on her way to pick up the granddaughter. The little munchkin will be with us for the next 3 weeks. Let the adventure begin.

Old Today, 02:22 AM   #5293
terri9630

Liked 5333 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 9596

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic2 View Post
The "neighbor" up on the corner is now pizzed off at me....oh, dear, I'm shaking in my boots!! NOT!!

His brats, who are never "supervised" when they are out running around the neighborhood or woods, came down to the end of the road last night, went over in the field where two guys have their RVs parked now (both have permission to be there). Watched them for a while, and lo & behold, they break into one RV and go inside. This happened once before, about a week ago, and I went over and told the guy about it, and asked if he knew those people up on the corner, and did those kids have his permission to be going in the RV when he wasn't there. He told me then that he didn't know the people, and HELL NO those kids didn't have permission to go in the RV, or even on the property.

So last night, when the kids went BACK over there and went IN the RV, I called the Sheriff's Department and gave them a heads up. The kids saw me taking a video of them going in & out of the RV and hauled azz back dowen to their place. BEFORE the Sheriff's Deputies arrived, the father of the kids comes down and confronts me about "Did you take pictures of my kids? I gave them permission to play in that field." I told him, "Yep, sure did, got some real good video of them breaking into that RV over there, you give them permission to do that, too? Sheriff's Deputies will be here shortly, you can iron it out with them." He went back home. Deputies showed up, took my statement, looked at the videos, asked if the guy got belligerent about the videos, and then went down to the guy's trailer on the corner. Don't know what went on down there....haven't seen those kids since.

However, I know he is pizzed, 'cause when I went to Wally World this morning, he and his kids were out in their yard, and I could hear him telling the kids, "There goes that SOB now...," and then I was outta range of hearing, so I don't know what else he mighta said.

These people up up the corner are "suspected meth heads," according to the people living across the road from me, and THEY have had a few run-ins with them, too......the kids throwing rocks at their dogs, and trying to steal toys out of their yard. I had one run-in with them before, when their kids tried to walk off with Zeddie's jeep out of our yard. Confronted their father on that one, and he said, "Well, kids will be kids." I told him point blank if it happened again, he'd be talking to Deputies, not me, and the kids were not welcome in my yard."

These people are a perfect example of total lack of "parental supervision," possible "meth head parenting," and just plain stupidity. Got news for him...I'm not bashful worth a sh!t, and it don't hurt my feelings at all to call 911 (hell, most of 'em come to my BBQ's). He can keep his kids away from my property, and keep them from breaking into other people's RVs, or he is gonna get to talk to Sheriff's Deputies on a pretty regular basis.

He has a "firing range" on his property, and so, just for chuckles, I've set up a little 50 yarder on the back of my property, and got in some practice this morning with the S & W, just to let him know he ain't the only one with a little firepower. I don't trust possible "meth heads" worth a damn, and I wanted him to know if he gets REALLY stupid, he's gonna have a REAL problem. Us old folks ain't into fisticuffs, and my response to any type of physical aggression on his part would be real simple....I'm not into broken noses, bruised knuckles, none of that crap! But with potential druggies, WHO KNOWS what the stupid b$#@&%d might do? One thing is for sure, IF he does anything at all, he'll be on candid camera! Got the new video cams up and running, floodlights on at night, Lilly stays in the yard, Bo is in the house, the BDA is cocked and locked, and the S & W is, too, and my "smart phone" camera is set for "200% zoom, video/audio." He ain't got no idea just how crazy a paranoid, old man can get!!! Hope it all comes to "nothing," but I'm a definite believer in the Boy Scout Motto, "Be Prepared!!"

So that's what happened to the stuff in your shed.

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

tmttactical Likes This 
Old Today, 02:24 AM   #5294
terri9630

Still sitting at the airport. The flight that was supposed to be here at 7 took off at 7:30. All the restaurants, stores and such closed at 6. 6????

People Like This 
Old Today, 03:49 AM   #5295
hiwall
Just walking at the edge of my grave

Liked 6532 Times on 2411 Posts
Likes Given: 1114

hiwall is on a distinguished road

Glad we are leaving this old house in the morning - there is a big wildfire burning in the general neighborhood. Does not appear to be heading this way though. Be glad to get back to the new house and the cooler air there.

Times are tough - keep your powder dry

When is doomsday gonna get here?

People Like This 
Old Today, 04:09 AM   #5296
terri9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri9630 View Post
Still sitting at the airport. The flight that was supposed to be here at 7 took off at 7:30. All the restaurants, stores and such closed at 6. 6????
Well, hubby's finally here. Only 2 1/2 hrs late. When I got to the airport everything said delayed. I found an outlet, plugged in my phone and hopped on here to see the thread about the cyber attack. Fortunately it was just thunder storms but it made me worry just a bit... to top it off the vending machine wouldn't read my debit card and didn't take cash.

tmttactical Likes This 
Old Today, 04:40 AM   #5297
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6814 Times on 1748 Posts
Likes Given: 19715

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by terri9630 View Post
Well, hubby's finally here. Only 2 1/2 hrs late. When I got to the airport everything said delayed. I found an outlet, plugged in my phone and hop on here to see the thread about the cyber attack. Fortunately it was just thunder storms but it made me worry just a bit... to top it off the vending machine wouldn't read my debit card and didn't take cash.
AND so many people think preppers are crazy but a simple storm and defective machines and you get to experience the mini joy of being hungry. Not laughing at you, we have all been there but it continues to point out the folly of relying of technology. How many of us bring MRE's to the airport when picking up people, none. Murphy strikes again.
Old Today, 04:46 AM   #5298
terri9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmttactical View Post
AND so many people think preppers are crazy but a simple storm and defective machines and you get to experience the mini joy of being hungry. Not laughing at you, we have all been there but it continues to point out the folly of relying of technology. How many of us bring MRE's to the airport when picking up people, none. Murphy strikes again.
I didn't have any MRE's, but I did eat before going to the airport. I couldn't remember if the restaurants were before or after the TSA blockade. A snack and drink would have been nice though. You'd figure they would have at least the "gift shop" open a bit later for the people meeting the later flights.

tmttactical Likes This 
Old Today, 05:07 AM   #5299
cabindweller

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

cabindweller is on a distinguished road

Been doing some shopping at Food for Liberty. Working on my food storage for the past few weeks. Loaded up on some cheezy potato soup and Mac n Cheese. Also started to look around for a new back up generator.

Quick Reply