You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat >

Whats everybody doing today?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Today, 12:34 AM   #4501
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic2 View Post
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for it, but what I "did today" was learn something new about Bo & Lilly. Had both of them on their cables, as the cousin is coming over later with the kids and the gate is open so she can drive in.

Bounty Hunter had visitors, and one of them, a guy in maybe his 40's. walked around the fence to my gate, wanted to ask if Lilly had pups could he be first in line to get one. He never made it in the gate. Bo's cable reaches about 4' into the gate opening, Lilly's reaches to within 5' of the other side of the gate. BO went off, I mean REALLY went off, and he was dead serious, hair up on his back and neck, real low harsh growls, no barking, just growls, period. Lilly was at the end of her cable, barking and growling. I have never had EITHER pup go off like that, so I say, "OK, come over sloooow, and we'll see if they will "make friends" once they sniff you." NO WAY...the closer he got, the more Bo growled, and Lilly changed from barking and growling to straight growls, low and deep. Told the guy, well, maybe we better cancel this "friend making attempt, it ain't gonna work, and you're gonna get bit."

I have NO CLUE why they both went completely ape....they don't even bark any more at the mailman, UPS/Fedex people. the bounty hunter/family, and they didn't even go off like this when those teens strayed down the road and parked in the field thinking this road was the "lovers lane road." Either this guy is a "bad guy," or they just plain are NOT going to tolerate a "stranger" coming anywhere near the gate. (They did NOT bark/growl at him when he came up the drive....only when he swung around to come to my gate did they "go off.") Ended up telling him I had no plans for pups, both Bo & Lilly are neutered.

I have had numerous dogs in my life, and I can't remember ANY of them just going completely gonzo when a stranger showed up.....bark, maybe a little growling, just to let the person know not to come any closer until someone comes out to meet them, but not "completely, bite 'em type, BONKERS!!"
However, I did learn a couple things:
1. When they go to barking, I need to ALWAYS see "what's up!!"
2. 8 & 8 1/2 months old, BOTH of 'em WILL BITE a complete stranger if he comes near the gate......don't get many "strangers" out here, but I'm gonna have to start watching them a bit closer!!
Bo is the Black Lab/? mix (allegedly Pitt or Neopolitan Mastiff).
Lilly is the full blood Pitt.
I am just guessing but I wonder if this uninvited guest had a chemical order you could not detect but both dogs could. Because they were not willing to become friendly, there is a smell or pheromone that both dogs did not rust.

Give them a treat and tell them, I said they did good. I really like Lilly's tuxedo coloring, very cool.

Last edited by tmttactical; Today at 12:36 AM. Reason: typo - missed words.
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #4502
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmttactical View Post
I am just guessing but I wonder if this uninvited guest had a chemical order you could not detect but both dogs could. Because they were not willing to become friendly, there is a smell or pheromone that both dogs did not rust. Give them a treat and tell them, I said they did good. I really like Lilly's tuxedo coloring, very cool.
I have no clue, but they went completely nutso, and "bite time" was imminent!
Far as I know the bounty hunter/wife don't engage in illicit substances, but guests may be a different story?? Who knows?? Yeah, Lilly has a weird coloring, how many B&W Pitts have you seen? But, yeah, they both have treats coming! One a these days I gotta learn to keep my finner away from the lens!!
(My lazy a$$ called cousin, asked HER to stop at Wally World and get a few things!! On the other hand, I may regret that....she takes a four item list into a grocery store and comes out with three buggies... )

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Old Today, 12:49 AM   #4503
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have no clue, but they went completely nutso, and "bite time" was imminent!
Far as I know the bounty hunter/wife don't engage in illicit substances, but guests may be a different story?? Who knows?? Yeah, Lilly has a weird coloring, how many B&W Pitts have you seen? But, yeah, they both have treats coming!
(My lazy a$$ called cousin, asked HER to stop at Wally World and get a few things!! On the other hand, I may regret that....she takes a four item list into a grocery store and comes out with three buggies... )
Your survival rating just took a hit. You asked a female to stop at Wally world and SHOP for you. This indicates a serious judgement loss. Final judgement will be determined by the amount of a "few items" purchased.

May god have mercy on your soul.
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #4504
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmttactical View Post
Your survival rating just took a hit. You asked a female to stop at Wally world and SHOP for you. This indicates a serious judgement loss. Final judgement will be determined by the amount of a "few items" purchased. May god have mercy on your soul.
Ummmm, there's that darn "memory thing" again....

Theoretically this is what Bo & Lilly should look like when they are full grown. Bo is kinda "iffy," as I'm not exactly sure what he is, but he sure LOOKS like the "full grown" pics.
File Type: jpg 1111.jpg (9.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1113.jpg (5.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1114.jpg (9.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 1112.jpg (6.5 KB, 13 views)

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

tmttactical Likes This 
Old Today, 01:53 AM   #4505
terri9630

Liked 2522 Times on 862 Posts
Likes Given: 5895

terri9630 is on a distinguished road

Just picked up the kid from comic con. She got a migraine after hugging Darth Vader. Coincidence? Or the dark side trying to turn her?

Due to recent cut backs the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

People Like This 
Old Today, 03:06 AM   #4506
Davarm
Texan

Liked 5587 Times on 2379 Posts
Likes Given: 2062

Davarm is on a distinguished road

Been dehydrating mustard greens for the past few days, should put the last load in tomorrow.

I would usually let it go to seed and use them for pickles but the harlequin bugs have infested the patch so heavy I just cut all the greens and dusted the area with Sevin.

Hopefully it will kill them all before they spread to my collards, turnips and kale.

Old Today, 05:21 AM   #4507
Grimm
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

Liked 15017 Times on 5433 Posts
Likes Given: 21584

Grimm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for it, but what I "did today" was learn something new about Bo & Lilly. Had both of them on their cables, as the cousin is coming over later with the kids and the gate is open so she can drive in.

Bounty Hunter had visitors, and one of them, a guy in maybe his 40's. walked around the fence to my gate, wanted to ask if Lilly had pups could he be first in line to get one. He never made it in the gate. Bo's cable reaches about 4' into the gate opening, Lilly's reaches to within 5' of the other side of the gate. BO went off, I mean REALLY went off, and he was dead serious, hair up on his back and neck, real low harsh growls, no barking, just growls, period. Lilly was at the end of her cable, barking and growling. I have never had EITHER pup go off like that, so I say, "OK, come over sloooow, and we'll see if they will "make friends" once they sniff you." NO WAY...the closer he got, the more Bo growled, and Lilly changed from barking and growling to straight growls, low and deep. Told the guy, well, maybe we better cancel this "friend making attempt, it ain't gonna work, and you're gonna get bit."

I have NO CLUE why they both went completely ape....they don't even bark any more at the mailman, UPS/Fedex people. the bounty hunter/family, and they didn't even go off like this when those teens strayed down the road and parked in the field thinking this road was the "lovers lane road." Either this guy is a "bad guy," or they just plain are NOT going to tolerate a "stranger" coming anywhere near the gate. (They did NOT bark/growl at him when he came up the drive....only when he swung around to come to my gate did they "go off.") Ended up telling him I had no plans for pups, both Bo & Lilly are neutered.

I have had numerous dogs in my life, and I can't remember ANY of them just going completely gonzo when a stranger showed up.....bark, maybe a little growling, just to let the person know not to come any closer until someone comes out to meet them, but not "completely, bite 'em type, BONKERS!!"
However, I did learn a couple things:
1. When they go to barking, I need to ALWAYS see "what's up!!"
2. 8 & 8 1/2 months old, BOTH of 'em WILL BITE a complete stranger if he comes near the gate......don't get many "strangers" out here, but I'm gonna have to start watching them a bit closer!!
Bo is the Black Lab/? mix (allegedly Pitt or Neopolitan Mastiff).
Lilly is the full blood Pitt.
Here is a thought,

Around here if you own a pitt or even a mix and strangers ask about puppies it is because they are dog fighters or gang-bangers. Maybe this guy was both and your babies could smell the stench of death and the fights on him.

When crap hits the fan it's not about how much skill you have but whose the BIGGER badass! Bobby, will you please tell Sam that Chuck Norris could KICK Jet Li's ass?
~Dean Winchester, Supernatural

People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

People Like This 
Old Today, 08:25 AM   #4508
Viking
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 3013 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 8432

Viking is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
I don't know about where your are, but here in West KY,
Lowes, and Home Depot give Vets a 10% discount on everything. That helps. Just bought a water softener and saved $50.

hmmmm , not sure if that's just disabled or not.

Most of the fast food Restaurants Arbys, Hardees, McD, all give 10% off, along with all the local eateries.

Cool.

Jim
Here in S.W. Oregon Home Depot only gives vets the discount if they have served out of the USA, Lowe's gives any vet a 10% discount.

I've done so much with so little for so long that I can do almost anything with nothing.

tmttactical Likes This 
Old Today, 08:27 AM   #4509
Viking
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 3013 Times on 1280 Posts
Likes Given: 8432

Viking is on a distinguished road

Grimm, if I missed your posting of where you are going sorry, but I hope it's out of California.

I've done so much with so little for so long that I can do almost anything with nothing.

People Like This 
Old Today, 12:19 PM   #4510
tsrwivey
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7659 Times on 2228 Posts
Likes Given: 22257

tsrwivey is on a distinguished road

Grimm there's 11 acres for sale down the road from me. Cam & Roo would have a great time playing!

Quick Reply