Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat > Trucker Shutdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
mdprepper
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 649 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 1608

mdprepper is on a distinguished road
Default Trucker Shutdown

Found this on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/truckerstoshutdownamerica

My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America on a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th. Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices.

There is also a movement to have a "Million Trucker" rally in DC on Veteran's Day, November 11, 2013. I could not find a link for this, it is showing in my "news feed" as memes.

I wonder if they will shutdown the VDOT cameras on that day too?

There are 4 boxes we can use to preserve Liberty: Soap, Ballot, Jury and Ammo. Please use in that order
-Unknown

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
camo2460
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1903 Times on 826 Posts
Likes Given: 3220

camo2460 is on a distinguished road

To little to late. People should have been screaming bloody murder in the streets years ago. The Muslims have already taken over our government and the oil companies that rape the American people on a daily basis, blame us for the high prices. Congress is nothing more than a bunch of blood suckers getting fat off of the suffering of the people they are supposed to serve, and all of the presidents since FDR have all been selfish, self serving, parasitic C-suckers that have been and are leading this country into ruin. We all talk about "when" the SHTF but I say it has already happened. If you look up you can still see the toilet bowl rim as we all swirl into darkness

Old 09-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #3
101airborne

Liked 293 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 129

101airborne is on a distinguished road

Sorry but that will never happen. I've been a trucker for 15+ years and I know how they are. First off economically most drivers who own their rig can't afford to shut down that long. With truck payments, insurance and everything else as they are they can't. Not to mention even for company drivers many live paycheck to paycheck. While the money is good in trucking it IS NOT as good as say 10 years ago. With rising costs on the road for food and other items take home pay is less than 10 years ago for the most part. I remember when I drove OTR 6-7 years ago you could get a shower at a truck stop free if you fueled or $5 if you didn't. I was in a truck stop a couple weeks ago getting a sandwich and a coke to take with me and a driver was at the fuel desk paying for a shower $10!!!!

Now take in those who drive for a company like mine that gives you only so many missed days a year before they fire you. If you "shut down" for 3 days you wouldn't have a job to return to.

Then you have those who are only worried about themselves and wouldn't cooperate out of sheer stubbornness and an " They ain't doing noting for me so hell with em" attitude.

Similar "strikes" have been talked about for the last 20+ years and nothing has happened.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Davarm
Texan
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3627 Times on 1783 Posts
Likes Given: 1773

Davarm is on a distinguished road

They are all coming to our Meet-Up on October 11th through 13th, better make your reservations now before the park fills up!

Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 931 Posts
Likes Given: 416

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101airborne View Post
Sorry but that will never happen....
I agree.

Remember the truck convoys in the 70's? Never will happen again, Driver's can't afford too.

“Celer-Silens-Mortalis”
People Like This 
Old 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #6
Magus
Scavenger deluxe

Liked 3098 Times on 1725 Posts
Likes Given: 2204

Magus is on a distinguished road

Bitch, bitch, bitch. I hear this crap about every five years or so, and in the end,
they ALWAYS shut up, bend over and pay up.
I will believe when I see.

People Like This 
Old 10-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
*Andi
PS_MODERATOR.png

Liked 2976 Times on 1479 Posts
Likes Given: 3255

*Andi is on a distinguished road
Default 'Truckers for the Constitution'

'Truckers for the Constitution' Plan to Slow D.C. Beltway, Arrest Congressmen

Tractor-trailer drivers will intentionally clog the inner loop of the Washington, D.C., beltway beginning on the morning of Oct. 11, according to a coordinator of the upcoming "Truckers Ride for the Constitution" rally.

Organizers of the three-day ride want to call attention to a litany of trucker frustrations and express their disapproval of national political leaders.

Earl Conlon, a Georgia trucker who is handling logistics for the protest, told U.S. News tractor-trailer drivers will circle the beltway "three lanes deep" as he rides with other participants to Congress to seek the arrest of congressmen for allegedly disregarding the Constitution.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

Homesteading ... it's a way of life.

"I am the momma-bear your daddy warned you about" ...

"Aim small, miss small"

Old 10-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
catsraven
Meoww

Liked 219 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 392

catsraven is on a distinguished road

Anyone who has been in DC will tell you that clogging up traffic on the weekend is is hysterically funny . Why? Because its always clogged up! It takes hours to get through DC. So what would be the point?

Nothing will happen. Drivers want to keep there jobs.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
DJgang
I put SAs on IGNORE!

Liked 1237 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

DJgang is on a distinguished road

Well, at least they are trying to do something, which is more than I can even say for myself. All I do is get on this computer and complain. Calling senators doesn't work anymore or writing letters, the special interest lobbyist have more money than my little letter or phone call brings.

What can we do?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
ZoomZoom
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 3900 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 632

ZoomZoom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJgang View Post
Well, at least they are trying to do something, which is more than I can even say for myself.

What can we do?
Work with those truckers to stop delivery to DC altogether. The heck with clogging the beltway. Just don't deliver any goods to that area for a few days or weeks and see what that does.

Quick Reply