Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat > Teacher syncs nudie picture of herself to students' laptops and students suspended

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
Bobbb
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 2728 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Bobbb is on a distinguished road
Default Teacher syncs nudie picture of herself to students' laptops and students suspended

These are the people we're entrusting our children to. Never forget that education majors in college are outscored by Dance majors and by Farming majors.
Students suspended after seeing topless pic of teacher on school-issued iPad

Some students at Highland Middle School in Anderson have been suspended after their teacher accidentally synced a topless picture of herself to a school-issued iPad.

Joshua Troutt, 13, said he and three other students were playing a game on the iPad in class when one of the students pressed a button and a photograph of the teacher's partially bare chest was revealed.

"It's not our fault that she had the photo on there," Troutt said. "We couldn't do anything not to look at it, if it just popped up when he pressed the button. It was her fault that she had the photo on there. Her iPhone synched to it. She had to have pressed something to make all of her photos synch on there." . . .

Assistant Superintendent Beth Clark acknowledged that the incident was an accident, and said the district's technology use policy was followed.

She said the students involved have been suspended and threatened with expulsion.

Troutt's mother said she doesn't believe that's fair.

"In all reality, you'd think (the teacher would) be fired. That's a nude picture in the school that the students saw," Nicole Troutt said. "(My son) didn't even touch the iPad. Another kid pulled up the picture on the iPad. He never touched it, period."

Clark said action has been taken against the teacher, but would not elaborate. She said the students' punishment will not be changed.
Here's my suggestion, fire this Superintendent and make sure that she can never work in the field of Education ever again. She's done more that is wrong that the teacher did by syncing her topless photo to the class's iPads.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #2
Marcus
Texian

Liked 554 Times on 330 Posts
Likes Given: 520

Marcus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
Here's my suggestion, fire this Superintendent and make sure that she can never work in the field of Education ever again. She's done more that is wrong that the teacher did by syncing her topless photo to the class's iPads.
Yep, but they need to move the teacher over to sex ed.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
Bobbb
I sold my soul to the internet

Liked 2728 Times on 1371 Posts
Likes Given: 842

Bobbb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Yep, but they need to move the teacher over to sex ed.
Or into computer tech support.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #4
mojo4

Liked 837 Times on 452 Posts

mojo4 is on a distinguished road

That sucks. For me I mean. All my teachers were brutally ugly. What I wouldn't have given for a hot teacher to upload on my hard drive!!

Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
hiwall
Just walking at the edge of my grave

Liked 1691 Times on 885 Posts
Likes Given: 539

hiwall is on a distinguished road

I can not comment until I see the picture in question.

Times are tough - keep your powder dry

CrackbottomLouis Likes This 
Old 10-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
DJgang
I put SAs on IGNORE!

Liked 1234 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2121

DJgang is on a distinguished road

Partially bare chest? What's that mean. Half a boob? Half both, top of them, clevage? Heck little boys can go visit Walmart and see more clevage than anyone cares to and see some muffin tops too....

Not making light but I'm sick of these teachers and what they've been doing recently...teach you about a hand shake and teach you about a hand job.

sad thing is, it's female teachers that's doing so much! Well you all know what I mean....

Old 10-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
db2469

Liked 549 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 160

db2469 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJgang View Post
Partially bare chest? What's that mean. Half a boob? Half both, top of them, clevage? Heck little boys can go visit Walmart and see more clevage than anyone cares to and see some muffin tops too....

Not making light but I'm sick of these teachers and what they've been doing recently...teach you about a hand shake and teach you about a hand job.

sad thing is, it's female teachers that's doing so much! Well you all know what I mean....
lol...you're right about Walmart in the summer...yikes, it's NOT a turn on!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #8
labotomi

Liked 527 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 128

labotomi is on a distinguished road

There's a lot missing and some informational inaccuracies in that news story. While still odd, there's more than what was reported by the first site.

http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2012/10/19/14560717-topless-teacher-on-school-ipad-say-students-but-district-says-no?lite

The first story makes it seem like she intentionally sent nude pictures of herself to the ipad. It's still possible, but it's also entirely possible that it was more of an unintentional act of stupidity than intentional.

The students were allowed to use certain apps and the one they used wasn't one of them. I know the iphone I used to have and the ipod touches my children have, there's no way to hide or disable the preloaded apps. So it's up to the students to only use what's allowed. I know, kids will be kids, but they still have to follow rules.

As to the teacher...
It seems she was using the ipad herself and had signed it into her own icloud account for whatever reason (to look at her calendar, check mail or something). If photo stream is enabled on the account, any pictures taken on one device are auto uploaded to the icloud account and pushed to all devices signed into that account.

So the teacher used a school ipad for personal use. I'm unsure where this falls under do's or don'ts because it could vary depending on the rules of that particular school/district etc.

Police determined that the picture wasn't topless, just a "partially clothed" woman from the neck down, so the pics weren't actually nude pics.

If there's no rule against a teacher using the ipad for her personal use, I don't know that they can do much more than give her a "you stupid bitch" speech although in my opinion she deserves some unpaid vacation at the very least.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #9
CulexPipiens
Still waiting for the zombies.

Liked 897 Times on 412 Posts
Likes Given: 658

CulexPipiens is on a distinguished road

Launching an app on an iPad/Phone is as simple as a touch. Heck even an accidental brush against the screen with a finger while move it to another app is enough to launch,

So.... if they're not allowed to use the app, the IT should have REMOVED IT in the first place! Even on the ipad there are management tools for corporations (schools) to use to allow/disallow apps. At my workplace the YouTube app is removed from iPhones and SIRI is disabled as that's what IT security wants.

The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #10
labotomi

Liked 527 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 128

labotomi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CulexPipiens View Post
Launching an app on an iPad/Phone is as simple as a touch. Heck even an accidental brush against the screen with a finger while move it to another app is enough to launch,

So.... if they're not allowed to use the app, the IT should have REMOVED IT in the first place! Even on the ipad there are management tools for corporations (schools) to use to allow/disallow apps. At my workplace the YouTube app is removed from iPhones and SIRI is disabled as that's what IT security wants.
Unless it's changed, you have to open the app, then choose a folder or camera roll, then the individual picture would have to be opened.

That's 3 steps to accidentally get to a racy picture. I doubt that was the only picture on the device if it were synched with her account but yet the revealing picture was the one that was "accidentally" opened.

Sorry, I don't believe that opening the photo app was an accident.

If kids are given instructions and break the rules, what should be done?

This in no way absolves the teacher, but it's 2 separate issues.

Quick Reply