You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat >

States that I would move to.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #41
Meerkat
Seeking The Truth
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville, florida
Posts: 7,487
Liked 5335 Times on 2661 Posts
Likes Given: 6972

Meerkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackbottomLouis View Post
I love the South East. Might be a tad warm for anyone moving from Canada but Im proud to call GA home. I love Kentucky and Tennessee as well though.

I'm proud to be FROM Ga. I miss it a lot but it is gone,imo. Crime in Atlanta is bad and gangs fill the streets in many hoods.
A couple of the kids live in N.Ga. [ not far north of you CB ] and even in high income subdivisions people are being robbed mostly from illegals now, other minorities like Atlanta best to pillage.
Last stay at daughters house their security camera picked up a creep trying to break into her Lexus and he even ask hubby for a cigarette or signed language him for one. He was sitting outside our camper in the dark at 4 A.M. and surprised the perp. He flipped off hubby for not giving him a cig , we roll our own for years and the thug must be particular and only like taylor made cigs. ?


__________________
Meerkat is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 PM   #42
CrackbottomLouis
Winston Smith Sent Me
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
CrackbottomLouis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kennesaw, Southeast US
Posts: 4,882
Liked 17300 Times on 3656 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

CrackbottomLouis is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlas1too View Post
pity no one said anything about west virgina--open carry or concealed for all ,no tax on food items land taxs low too, lot of land for sale hell you can buy or sell a firearm at a flea market without paperwork . mountains keep most bad weather at bay
West Virginia is a beautiful state. I dont like its proximity to D.C. I dont want to live within 2 states of that place. Also there is an extremely high bridge every 5 ft. Wouldnt be hard to get boxed in. Granted that can go both ways, as in easy to cut yourself off, but I prefer to be able to move as needed. With some armor it would be extremely easy to control movement of the population there. Beautiful state though and wonderful outdoor activity opportunities.


__________________

I once met a man named Galt.
He said it didnt matter who was at fault.
The looters will loose and moochers be d*mn*d,
Because Ragnar has a Colt!

CrackbottomLouis is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #43
CrackbottomLouis
Winston Smith Sent Me
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
CrackbottomLouis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kennesaw, Southeast US
Posts: 4,882
Liked 17300 Times on 3656 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

CrackbottomLouis is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat View Post
I'm proud to be FROM Ga. I miss it a lot but it is gone,imo. Crime in Atlanta is bad and gangs fill the streets in many hoods.
A couple of the kids live in N.Ga. [ not far north of you CB ] and even in high income subdivisions people are being robbed mostly from illegals now, other minorities like Atlanta best to pillage.
Last stay at daughters house their security camera picked up a creep trying to break into her Lexus and he even ask hubby for a cigarette or signed language him for one. He was sitting outside our camper in the dark at 4 A.M. and surprised the perp. He flipped off hubby for not giving him a cig , we roll our own for years and the thug must be particular and only like taylor made cigs. ?
Like all major metropolitan areas, Atlanta sucks from a prepping standpoint. I havent had any problems where I am although I would love to move further out. Next time you visit your kids hit me up. We'll grab some lunch
__________________

I once met a man named Galt.
He said it didnt matter who was at fault.
The looters will loose and moochers be d*mn*d,
Because Ragnar has a Colt!

CrackbottomLouis is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 04:33 PM   #44
youngridge
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Liked 38 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 10

youngridge is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweto View Post
I don't know why no one has mentioned South Dakota. Low taxes, cheap land, cheap homes, lightly populated and to top it of the eastern areas of the state are fairly warm compared to the Eastern portion of the state.

Even though I live in Nebraska, I have considered moving to SD in the Black Hills area.
I got ya covered on that. I lived out there for a year on the west side of the river, beautiful area, sometime lack of rain really browns things up, but compared to the northern winters winter on west river was very mild to say the least. Snow would melt in a few days over the spring. Nice folks. Lots of pheasants. Fishing was scarce on some, the river was always good, some cattle ponds were stocked(they were quite large 'cattle ponds').
__________________
youngridge is offline  
Meerkat Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #45
Meerkat
Seeking The Truth
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville, florida
Posts: 7,487
Liked 5335 Times on 2661 Posts
Likes Given: 6972

Meerkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackbottomLouis View Post
Like all major metropolitan areas, Atlanta sucks from a prepping standpoint. I havent had any problems where I am although I would love to move further out. Next time you visit your kids hit me up. We'll grab some lunch
Will do. Just don't let all my fans here know who I am,they will stampeed to greet me.
About time for a visit and some time away from the storm work.
__________________
Meerkat is offline  
Caribou Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #46
Meerkat
Seeking The Truth
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville, florida
Posts: 7,487
Liked 5335 Times on 2661 Posts
Likes Given: 6972

Meerkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngridge View Post
I got ya covered on that. I lived out there for a year on the west side of the river, beautiful area, sometime lack of rain really browns things up, but compared to the northern winters winter on west river was very mild to say the least. Snow would melt in a few days over the spring. Nice folks. Lots of pheasants. Fishing was scarce on some, the river was always good, some cattle ponds were stocked(they were quite large 'cattle ponds').

The older we get the less cold we can tolerate. Hubby has lots of metal in his back and it really hurts him to be cold.
Your right though it is beautiful up there.
__________________
Meerkat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 05:33 PM   #47
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
TheLazyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The year of 1868
Posts: 3,566
Liked 9129 Times on 2570 Posts
Likes Given: 2320

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweto View Post
I don't know why no one has mentioned South Dakota. Low taxes, cheap land, cheap homes, lightly populated and to top it of the eastern areas of the state are fairly warm compared to the Eastern portion of the state.

Even though I live in Nebraska, I have considered moving to SD in the Black Hills area.
You can become a legal resident after living in the state for only one day too!

The negative for me is the 14F winter weather, no thank you. It takes a long hot summer to thaw me out from the previous winter.
__________________
Disclaimer: I have not slept in any hotel recently nor am I a certified web lawyer. Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

45 Colt when you care enough to send the very best.
TheLazyL is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 06:05 PM   #48
Flight1630
Junior Member
 
Flight1630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: , Ontario
Posts: 1,132
Liked 3186 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Flight1630 is on a distinguished road
Default

I have been to SD a long time ago. I did like it. But then again every place in this earth has it's good and bad. The places that I would pick is only the one that I have extensively traveld through.


__________________

Just a Canadian trucker


Flight1630 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 07:19 PM   #49
Meerkat
Seeking The Truth
PS_SUPPORTER.png
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jacksonville, florida
Posts: 7,487
Liked 5335 Times on 2661 Posts
Likes Given: 6972

Meerkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight1630 View Post
I have been to SD a long time ago. I did like it. But then again every place in this earth has it's good and bad. The places that I would pick is only the one that I have extensively traveld through.
Ever watch " Highway Thru Hell " ? We watched all the series episodes. Like getting to know someone in real life, one on the show even passed away.

https://youtu.be/69RNBH_HCak
__________________
Meerkat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2017, 07:29 PM   #50
obg12
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 197
Liked 830 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 4412

obg12 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
The only state I would consider moving to is Arkansas which is 20 miles away.

Walnut Shade is better,just saying


__________________
obg12 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Jersey Legislators Move to Ban Ammunition UncleJoe International Current News & Events 9 04-21-2012 11:37 AM