You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of Prepared Society!    
Prepper, Survival, Homesteading Forum > Off The Path > General Chit-Chat >

Drones and Privacy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2017, 01:37 AM   #61
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road

DrFaceFixer....You are correct, I, personally do not know doodly squat about drone technology. The only experience I have with drones is when my cousin's kids were flying them around the property and the pup snatched it out of the air, pretty much disassembled it, and I bought them a new one.

All I can say is that my LE relatives are really "hyper" about drones/jails/prisons/and border surveillance........but I do have to admit they may be exaggerating (wouldn't be the first time) a bit. I spent some time on Google Earth, and you wouldn't believe the number of Fed/State prisons (yes, Eastern U.S.) that have very good cover within 50-100 yards of the "fence." In some cases, the lower security places have dense woods right up to the EDGE of the "camp!" Haven't looked at many "out West," at least not yet, may get to that tomorrow sometime....today I'm stuffed full of wild hog, baked beans and macaroni salad, and don't have the willpower to "cruise" a whole lot!

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #62
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

This article has nothing to do with privacy but the new Military anti-drone weapon. Anti-drone weapon 50-0.
Here is the link for later reading and PICTURES for us old guys.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/20/u-s-army-tests-high-energy-laser-that-can-destroy-drones/

The U.S. Army has been testing a high-energy laser weapon that can destroy drones.
Researchers are testing Stryker infantry transport vehicles mounted with a 5kW laser weapon so that one day, the weapon can destroy drones on the front lines, the Daily Mail reported.

The laser weapon brought down 50 drones during a ten-day firing exercise.

The Army is testing the Mobile High Energy Laser (MEHEL), in addition to exploring other laser systems, just to deal with the growth of unmanned aerial drones that are being used in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Army tested MEHEL 2.0, one of three laser weapons currently being evaluated, at the 2017 Maneuver Fires Integration Experiment at Fort Sill in Oklahoma, which ran from April 3 to April 13.

The laser can shoot up to five kilowatts of power, an increase from the two kilowatts of power it was able to shoot last year.

The Army hopes the laser will be able to shoot an 18-kilowatt beam by 2018.

The laser includes on-board radar tacking and a camera that soldiers can use to track enemy drones and aircraft.

This is the first time infantry soldiers are in charge of testing the system.

“They love the system and they are excited about not only what they can do with it in the air, but what they can do with it on the ground as well,” Lt. Col. Jeff Erts, who is in charge of the experiments, said.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #63
Pessimistic2
Watching the world self-destruct!
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1612 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Pessimistic2 is on a distinguished road
Default TmtTactical....

Did you catch the squib about the 60Kw laser they're testing? SIXTY KW!!
Man! That thing could take out anything that flies! Forget drones! That thing could knock down fighters, bombers, cargo planes, helicopters, whatever, if it's in range, it's TOAST!!!!

I'm attempting to give a damn about all those "foreign nations" that are receiving U.S. Aid, but hate us anyway. It ain't workin'.

People Like This 
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM   #64
tmttactical
Supporting Member
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3477 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 10980

tmttactical is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pessimistic2 View Post
Did you catch the squib about the 60Kw laser they're testing? SIXTY KW!!
Man! That thing could take out anything that flies! Forget drones! That thing could knock down fighters, bombers, cargo planes, helicopters, whatever, if it's in range, it's TOAST!!!!
I caught it. Missiles are a holding weapon until the lasers are perfected. That is the future of warfare. Remember Ronald Reagan and the Strategic Defense Initiative that bankrupt the Soviet Union. What good are missiles when lasers can knock them out of the sky before they can reach their targets. Laser can be and are mounted on mobile carriers. Hard to track and knock out ahead of time, no preemptive attacks. They don't need hard sites, fixed railroad track, simple freeway access and off they go.

Technology rules warfare. Solders with guts and fortitude will never be replaced by machines but tech is going to determine the results of wars.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #65
TheLazyL
Cowboy
PS_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7204 Times on 2191 Posts
Likes Given: 2078

TheLazyL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmttactical View Post
...Hard to track and knock out ahead of time, no preemptive attacks. They don't need hard sites, fixed railroad track, simple freeway access and off they go...
Just need a bunch of EverReady AAAs!

45 Colt when you care enough to send the very best.
People Like This 

Quick Reply